Handong & Minji

Dreamcatcher Imagines

Handong hadn't expected it, but at the same time she did.

 

Minji's cooking was out of this world, filled with so much care and a hint of love into her pastries.

 

Handong carefully watches Minji do her magic, her hands carefully and diligently rolling the dough. Handong catches herself stare a little too hard, but Handong has the privilege to check out her girlfriend. So there's that.

 

A half hour passes, Minji is humming a tune, smile so perfect Handong loses herself in the moment.

 

"Minji,"

 

"Hm?"

 

Handong swallows, the counter digging uncomfortably into her chest.

 

"Why don't you sell your pastries?" She softly asks.

 

Minji lets out a quiet hum, before smiling shyly, "I never thought of it!" She lets out shyly, eyes turning to crescent moons.

 

Handong's breath leaves her, face softening into the softest of smiles, the ones that are only for Minji.

 

"Darling, you put your soul into those pastries, people are bound to love them. Like me!" She exclaims into a cheeky smile. Minji can't help the small chuckle that comes out of her.

 

Dongie. Her beautiful and precious girl.

 

Minji smiles, "Maybe I should?" She says before going back to decorating her cupcakes.

 

Handong stares a little moment longer before an idea comes to her.

 

——

 

2 weeks later

 

The fair is even more crowded than last year. Handong and Minji walk through the crowd, hands tightly holding onto each other.

 

"Minji look!" Minji turns to look at a table with judges. She squints her eyes, eyes widening when she sees her name on a table.

 

She halts her step, tugging Handong back with her.

 

Handong looks at her, worry in her eyes, "Minji what's wrong?" Hands softly cradle soft cheeks.

 

Minji looks spaced out and that immediately fills Handong with worry. Maybe this was a bad idea, I should've asked permi—

 

"What am I going to do?!"

 

"Huh?"

 

Minji frowns, hands on her hips as she paces around, talking to herself.

 

Handong just watches Minji, still confused at the sudden switch. From looking like she was about to pass out, too, talking to herself about what she's going to bake.

 

Handong smiles to herself, she's my weirdo.

 

——

 

"Ladies and gentlemen! Thank you for joining us today! Today we bring pastry experts and delicious treats!" The MC shouts into the mic, the crowd roaring in cheers and applauses.

 

"I will now introduce our three contestants." The MC says, jogging towards the first table.

 

"Now, tell us your name and what you're going to bake today?"

 

"Hello, my name is Jeon Soyeon and the name of what I'm going to bake is 'you're so dead if I catch you Shuhua, Minnie, Miyeon and Yuqi' ." Soyeon says in a monotone voice, face blank.

 

The MC nods quickly. The girl looked like she was about to murder  someone. Handong chuckles nervously.

 

"A-anyways! Next contestant, please tell your name and what you'll be baking today."

 

Minji smiles sweetly, "Hi! My name is Kim Minji! Today I'll be making macaroons!" She smiles into the crowd. The crowd roars with cheers and whistles.

 

"Oh my goodness! Miss Minji, are you single by any chance?!" The MC asks. Handong groans.

 

She chuckles, "I'm happily taken." She says as she locks eyes with Handong. Handong mouths an I love you. Minji smiles at the gesture before the MC moves on.

 

"Third contestant! Please tell us your name and what you'll bake today?"

 

The tall blonde smiles cheekily, "Names Kim Yoohyeon and today I'll bake my love for my lovely, annoying, y and small girlfriend Kim Bora a cake! Of my love of course! Unless I burn it! I still love you!!!" Yoohyeon expresses her love to her lover, a gigantic smile on her face.

 

"That's my baby!" Handong winces at the voice. She turns to her right to see a short brunette with a stupid proud smile on her face. That's love I guess.

 

The MC clears his throat. Handong turns her attention back to him and Minji who looks so nervous.

 

"We will now commence. You will have 3 hours and no more than that. I will be your judge along with two other judges beside me. Now let us commence the battle of delicious pastries!"

 

3 hours later . . .

 

"STOP!"

 

Minji puts down the bag of whipped colored cream, hands on the table as she lets out a sigh.

 

The MC walks over the contestants before starting with Soyeon.

 

The MC grimaces at the bloody cake with the names Shuhua, Minnie, Miyeon and Yuqi decorating it in a not so pretty way. The crowd is silent with the only applause of four girls in the back cheering with nervous cheers.

 

Next is Yoohyeon. The cake is not even a cake or fully cooked, the batter still spilling onto the sides of the plate. Yoohyeon is smiling proudly and wiggling her brows in a cheeky way. The short brunette laughs aloud in a a dolphiny and chickeny way.

 

Next is Minji, who looks like a nervous wreck. Handong can't breathe, praying that Minji wins.

 

The three judges taste test the three contestants, with the exception of Yoohyeon's uncooked cake.

 

"And the winner is, miss Kim Minji's macaroons!" Cheers roar,

Handong jumps out of her seat.

 

In that moment, they lock eyes. Time seems to move slow around them, Minji mouthing a teary, 'thank you', Handong can't help the joy she feels and feels that her little surprise was all worth it.

 

 

Started at 12 something and finished at 2:18. I'm so sleepy 😭😭

Sorry if the end got rushed, I was losing juice 🥹