Gahyeon (unrequited love)

Dreamcatcher Imagines

You know what's the worst feeling ever?

 

Your stupid crush falling for your best friend leaving you as the third wheel.

 

This was Gahyeon's life as of lately. As the third wheeler. And she ing hated it. There was no denying how much it hurt seeing your crush fall every day more in love.

As much as it hurt Gahyeon to voice it out to her closest friends, she didn't want to bother them with just a dumb stupid crush.

 

That dumb and stupid crush was non other than Kim Minji. Her crush of five years.

 

Gahyeon nows she has no right to be jealous or angry at her best friend or Minji. But she is and Gahyeon fears she's going to blow up by how close they have been getting lately.

 

"Hey Gahyeon!" Raising her head from her textbook to see a happy Yoohyeon jogging her way.

"Hey, what's up." Catching her breath Yoohyeon smiles wide at Gahyeon. Her eyes shining.

 

Oh no.

 

Gahyeon feels a sudden chill run down her spine.

 

Like something was going to happen.

 

And it did.

 

"Minji asked me on a date! Gahyeon what am I going to do?!" Yoohyeon panics.

Everything stops for Gahyeon. Only her in the classroom. Alone. Cold. Angry.

Anger she shouldn't be feeling.

Putting on her fake smile she says, "wow, that's good. I'm happy for you hyeon!" Maybe Yoohyeon doesn't notice the slight raps in her voice, to happy thinking about her date.

Gahyeon smiles a looks of sadness in her glistening eyes.

She quickly excuses herself. Leaving a very confused Yoohyeon behind to call for her.

 

She ignores her and continues walking as far as her legs could take her.

 

And it's like the gods are hate her at that moment. Because as she continues on she bumps into someone.

 

"Sorry." She mumbles, eyes on the floor.

 

"Gahyeon?"

 

Gahyeon freezes feeling her body stiff at their close proximity. Her heart races against her chest. This isn't the time heart! 

 

"Hey you okay? You look like—"

 

"I'm sorry Minji, I h-I just need to go." Her voice cracks at the end.

 

Minji watches the younger walk away. She continues on her way to Yoohyeon's classroom. A small blush forms the imagine of her soon to be girlfriend excited to her.

 

Gahyeon slams her dorm room shut. The loud noise echoing through the empty hallways.

 

She slide down the door. Her knees tucked under her chest.

 

"...why?..."

 

Why did I wait for five years? 

 

Would've Minji have been mine?

 

Would've it even change a thing?

 

Would've Minji and Yoohyeon still become a couple?

 

All these unanswered questions were eating her away. At her poor heart.

 

So all the girl did was cry in her room. Glad that her roommate was out.

 

So Gahyeon cried. Cried until no more tears could be shed. Cried until finally, she could fall asleep.