Chapter 7 - A friend and A Teacher

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days have passed since her first day of high school and today it is finally Friday. She started sleeping earlier than usual so she could get more sleep time, knowing that a certain someone would not let her sleep once she is in class. Other than Tiffany, Taeyeon has not really met anyone new aside from some encounters with Heechul and Jessica. Is Tiffany a friend? She often thought to herself. Yeah, she is, so I can show off that I have a pretty friend. No, she is not, I barely even know her and we barely talk. She barely talked with anyone other than her stepsister, and she is completely clueless when it comes to reading people. 

Today is also her favorite day, not just because it is a Friday, it's also because her step parents aren't going to be home. They usually went to buy groceries, shopping and sometimes even went to parties their childhood friends held. Now Yoona is no longer there, it only means that her parents stayed out even longer.  

While on the bus to school, "Morning, Taeyeon." 

Leeteuk sat in front of her as usual.  

"Where's your buddy?" Taeyeon looked beside him at an empty seat. 

"Oh Heechul, he is uh..." Leeteuk lied his head on his hands clasped together and pretended to sleep. 

"Again? What do you guys do at night getting him so tired like that?" Taeyeon trying her best to not look awkward, as she usually spoke with Heechul more than his friend. 

"I always tell him to sleep early and stop playing his stupid video games, and he even watch those gross movies." 

"Gross movies?" Taeyeon had a weird look on her face. 

"What? Oh..Oh! No, what I meant was horror films, there was this one that had nasty looking people with guts hanging out running towards people. It was nasty. Blech." Leeteuk pretended to vomit. 

"Zombies? That's not scary at all." Having watched many horror movies herself, she usually watched zombie movies for fun and did not find it to be that scary anymore. 

"You two sound more alike than you two look sometimes. You know before it was me who always tried to wake him up on time and not let him sleep longer than he had to. Now that it's our senior year, he thinks he is old and mature, he doesn't need someone to wake him up. Now look at him, almost one week and he is still waking up late and today's his first day that he missed the bus. Makes me worry." Leeteuk gave out a sigh.  

He seems to really care about Heechul, is this what best friends are like? Me and Yoona were like this too. But she's my sister, of course we would have that kind of relationship right? They must be really close friends, if Leeteuk cared for him like this.

"But lately he been acting kinda strange, he didn't spend much time on video games anymore. I even asked him to play an extra round, which I RARELY do, and he rejected me. It seems like something is on his mind. Can you tell?" 

"I only met him three days ago, what do you think?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes. 

Once the bus has reached their destination, they went their separate ways.  

 

 

During first period there was a quiz, because it is a quiz Taeyeon rarely studied for them and she trusts her intuitiion. It always worked fine with these types of history quizes. Tiffany, on the other hand, would read the quiz, do it, and reread it three times over just to make sure she gets perfect.  

"Yah, how can you finish so quickly, can't you check it over before handing over your paper?" Tiffany looked at her unbelievingly. 

"Aish, if I look over it a thousand time over I am just going to doubt myself. Why do you care if I check it or not anyways?"  

"..." Tiffany frowned and turned back to her desk  

Taeyeon and Tiffany have had these tiny arguments every now and then, it is starting to become a habit for the two. Although it was only two days, it's starting to make Taeyeon uncomfortable. Then she remembered what Leeteuk told her about his friendship with Heechul, and she had an idea. If we are going to stay seatmates for a while, might as well. Taeyeon grabbed a tangerine she grabbed earlier this morning and raised it towards Tiffany. 

"Here." 

Tiffany looked at it. 

"No thanks, I already ate." 

"Suit yourself." Taeyeon put it back in her pocket. 

The next period was science, and it wasn't all that interesting to Tiffany, but what was interesting to Tiffany was Taeyeon's pockets. Tiffany has been eyeing Taeyeon's pockets since she put back the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter