Chapter 54 - Trespassing

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No reason. You can call me Yeon if you want."

"That sounds terrible , blech."

"you and Fany the same haha."

"no, we are not. Let's go home."

"Before you go I need to talk to you about something too."

 

"Yea?"

"What do you think of Mr. Lee?"

"I don't know. I haven't spoken to him much, but I heard rumors that he is quite scary. He got eyes everywhere."

"That's creepy. Maybe he saw us at the skating rink."

"Haha, why would he be interested in two girls skating?"

"You never know, maybe we have secret powers that he needs and he going to recruit us."

"You got some imagination haha, but why asking about him?"

"I am sneaking into his company building tomorrow night."

"Oooo I see...You what!??"

"I am stealing something." Taeyeon explained with more detail.

"Are you crazy?! Why are you telling me this then?"

"I need you to wait outside the building with your car."

"You do know that if you get caught, you are going to get jail time or even killed and the rest of your career would be over!?"

"Probably, that sounds right." 

"No, I'm not going. If they found me too, I am dead."

"Fine, I will go alone tomorrow and if I get caught watch what the media say about you dragging a criminal girlfriend into your family." Taeyeon smiled at her.

"Damn you. Fine. But why did you tell me that you are there to steal stuff, why can't you just say 'I need a ride home'. Was that so hard?" Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Because I know you are nosy and ask me 100 questions. This way you know what to expect. So you are coming right? Right."

------

The two girls arrived at Mr. Lee's building the next day at 11:45PM.

"Can I say something?"

"I am an idiot? I already know, I will see you later."

"Be careful, idiot."

Taeyeon got out of Jessica's car and made her way towards the building. The building seemed pretty ordinary, no logos, no fancy lights, just a plain building. It's not like it needs to catch attention anyways. Most of the lights were off, except a few, which she assumed to be overtime workers. She made her way to the side of the building as Joowon instructed and indeed there was a door with keycard access.

Before she touched the door, she looked around behind her, she can see a road and a few buildings in the distance. It was dark and calm. The night didn't seem to be bothered by her intrusion of a high secured building, nor did it care if she gets caught or not. She wondered if there is a purpose in anything that she is doing, why can't she just find something she like to do and accept her fate. Just take Mr. Jung's job offer and go through school, and move somewhere far away from Seoul. She blinked a couple times to get back to reality and swipped the access card by a glass panel, the door beeped open. 

She put up her hood just in case to hide her appearance from any cameras and moved along the narrow pathway. At the end of the hallway she looked both ways and found an elevator down the hallway to her right and the lobby to her left. I need to find the stairs.

Joowon asked h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter