Chapter 5 - Friend(s)

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About 10 minutes into the lecture, Taeyeon was already dozing off on her desk. The girl beside her stared at the lump of hair beside her and poked Taeyeon on the back of her head. Annoyed, Taeyeon grabs the girl's hand with her right hand that was resting on her lap and turned her head.

"Don't you dare sleep beside me through the whole semester." The girl whispered loudly, unbaffled by Taeyeon's glare.

------

Taeyeon groaned and stared at the girl next to her a moment longer. She realizes that the girl was not the type to give up easily and decied to sit up in a slow and lazy manner. She rested her head on her palm. She reminded herself to confront the girl after class.

The teacher read some articles and analyzed the content with the students. After the short lecture, he handed out a worksheet and assigned some more readings for their next lecture, there was 20 minutes left for self studying. As soon as the teacher left the classroom, the classroom was filled with chatter and noises from the restless students.

A few students greeted them and Tiffany happily introduced herself. They complimented her smile and the few that got a chance to have a chat stated how nice it was to talk to her. Taeyeon, on the other hand, lied her head on the table, looking uninterested and scribbled in her own notebook.

"And what is your name?" A girl asked Taeyeon.

"I don't know. Bye."

"...okay." The girl was speechless and left after she said her good bye to Tiffany.

After the meet and greet, Taeyeon turned her head towards the girl and before she could say anything, she looked at her in disbelief.

She is reading already!? Why do I feel guilty about disturbing her? Why would I want to disturb her anyway, I should sleep while I still have the chance.

She laid her head back on the desk and tried to sleep again for hundredth time. And again, she immediately felt her hair being tugged, and…

“WHAT THE #$@&%*! ARE YOU MY…” She half screamed, as the other half of the class glanced back at them. However, she did not stop because she was being looked at but stopped when she saw the girl eye-smiling at her. “…mother.” Her voice trailed off.

“Hi, my name is Tiffany, what’s your name?”

“None of your business.” Taeyeon calms herself down and did not know what to look at, so she spun her pen back and forth in her hand instead.

“Is it Taeyeon ah? Hey, at least you can write your name prettily.” Tiffany chuckled to herself when she saw that all Taeyeon wrote in her notebook was her name in nice and bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter