Chapter 26 - Family

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah! You probably should be afraid of your uncle after all. But there is someone who asked for you to be in Seoul and not even Lee have authority over him." Mr. Im stated, smiling confidently. 

"Who is it now? CEO of GG himself inviting me to Seoul?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes, her step parents can't seem to answer a question straightforwardly.

"Mr. Jung admires your talent and wishes you to come to Seoul to be his intern while you study." Mr. Im smiled at her as if this was the happiest news in the world. 

 

"Mr. Jung? Jessica Jung?"

"Yes, I believe you have met his daughter already. She should be a very nice girl, I heard she takes very good care of her sister."

"She's nice? More like she wants to claw my face off." Taeyeon remarked, not happy to hear the news.

"Taeyeon-ah, it was just high school. A lot of relationships develop during University, maybe you two end up getting along." Mr. Im pointed out.

"You think so? When I first met her she said I looked like a hermit. The first time I opened my mouth to her, I got a face full of water. The first time we met at our house, she made me look bad in front of my own mother. Don't forget, she even told her friends about me and made fun of me through an entire semester." Taeyeon spoke in a firm whisper.

"Are you trying to make me feel sorry for you? You are a grown up now. You should know how to deal with these things. Are you really coming to me now asking for pity, so I could help you handle Jessica?" 

"She intimidates me! It's not that I don't have that much self-esteem...It's just that I don't feel good about always arguing with someone and then suddenly get associated with their closed one..."

She stopped talking. Deep down, Taeyeon felt that if it had not been for her uncle and Joowon being there protecting and teaching her all these years, would she had survived? She felt alone in this world, if it weren't for them she wouldn't have gotten this far...maybe she'd already be dead. Surrounded by secrets that surely would drive anyone mad.  She'd at least turn crazy if it weren't for the people that's with her now. Now that another person (Mr. Jung) was introducing himself to her, why does everyone want to help her? It's like whenever she lost hope, someone mysterious was there to pick her up. This time from someone of higher status as well. Compared to her uncle, Jessica's family, or even her adoptive family, she was just some naive little girl with no parents.

"Would you rather go to America?" Mr. Im looked at her, "See? You know the answer, why complain? Just get some rest, get better now and meet with Joowon before you head to Seoul." Mr. Im trying to sound encouraging. Taeyeon didn't expect her step dad to be this happy and an easy going man like this. Before he always remained silent or expressionless in front of her. She guessed that having all the restrictions lifted, her step parents felt the relief as well.

"Wait...Jessica is still in America right?"

"No, she went back to Seoul for school. Her family needs her here."

"What about Tiffany?"

"As far as I know she's still in America."

"...oh." Taeyeon had alwats wondered if she will see that girl again.

"Where will I live in Seoul?" She asked, wondering if she will get her own place.

"With Jessica..." her stepdad put his palms up to stop her from saying anything, he knew this news would create some protests. "Before you say anything, Yoona lives in a dorm with others, so you will live with Jessica and her family for now. They are good friend of ours, they should treat you well."

"WITH HER FAMILY???...what? Why can't I have my own place...." Taeyeon had her jaws dropped. 

"What's with that face? You silly goose. Yes! With her family, you will get to live in a beautiful home, very beautiful and it will be the biggest home you will ever see. It got a big yard and everything." 

"Can I not? Pretty pwleeeeasssee" She whined profusely, first time showing some aegyo. She cringes at her own voice. Brrr... she shuddered.

"Oh? Wow, our Taeyeon knows how to act cute. Are you aging backwards? You are acting more like a kid than you did 8 years ago." Mr. Im was surprised and had his aging eyes wide open staring at her.

Taeyeon suddenly had her hope heightened, but...

"Still no. But, of course you don't have to live there... You can always go to America. Taeyeon-ah, Mr. Jung wants to meet you very much. Just live there for a few months and see how it goes, alright? Now, stop whining, I still need to take food back home or your stepmom is going to yell at me again. Nevermind, I'm already late, she's definitely going to yell at me. Thanks for the whining and aegyo lesson, I will find it useful." her stepfather winked at her playfully.

"Fine. I will go. I'm sure my mom won't slap you if you learn from me. Fighting! Hope you liked being my dad while it lasted." Taeyeon  grinned and prayed for him. 

"Crazy child!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter