Chapter 1 - Pursuit

A Quest for Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­­­­­­­

On a dimly lit road, a black sedan cruised at speeds much higher than what you had expect for a car to be driving at night. Not seconds later, a group of vehicles pursued with three motorbikes directly in front, occupying both lanes. As the pursuers got close, the black sedan’s armed occupants fired back with near perfect accuracy, swiftly killing off the three bikers. Not much could be done about the other vehicles, which were armored and equipped with bullet proof glass. Despite all the action, the pursuing vehicles have yet to fire a single bullet at the sedan. Just as the vehicles were about to catch up, a thicket of trees appeared with a narrow path in between. The black sedan turned towards the path and pressed through, and the pursuing vehicles slowed down to follow the black vehicle.

--claaaaaack--

Shock washed over the pursuers’ faces as a tree fell in front of them, conveniently blocking their path.

After a few moments of silence, a man sitting in one of the pursuing vehicles banged his fist hard against the door out of frustration.

"Sir, we can still go around." One of his men suggested

"This seems to be a planned route. We won't be able to catch up." The man stared down the blocked path.

"It's a pity, they had to pick the bad ending." The man gave a small grin and signaled the other vehicles to turn back.

------

The black sedan continued do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter