Chapter 9: The Face

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"There you go.", I handed the phone over to the curious Y/N. "Is this the only favor you would want?"

 


There was a clench on the phone as she watched the whole video of her. The her, who was a doll that transformed into a human. The strength of her hands was gone by the time she repeated the video so many times.

 


"Yah! I cared for you and you aren't gonna take care of my belongings?!", I caught the phone in time.


"I'm sorry.", both of her hands were tackled on her side as she couldn't properly move on what she saw. "Are you sure that wasn't edited?"


"Yah! You know what, if you are just as what you are right now, there's no point in me to keep you here. How can I do that cause you are a dependent doll? You saw me in front of you when you transformed that I am taking the video, live in front of you!"


"Ahh. It's just, it's hard to believe cause I really think I'm a human being.", her body rolled on the floor until she stopped and placed both of her hands as a pillow to her head. "What am I to do now?"


"Yeah. What are you to do now?"

 


She kneeled in front of me again and bowed until her face touched the surface. What is she trying to implement this time? Is she up for another favor?

 


"I guess I have nothing else to do than to accept this life.", she looked like she was kissing the floor. "Your majesty."


"Your majesty?", did she really meant what she's saying?


"You said you are my owner.", her neck arched as she looked up at me. "So I'm going to serve you then."


"Serve me?", a smirk formed in my lips. "Like you are gonna do anything I would like you to do?"


"Yes."


"As in anything?"


"Yes."

 


She is not a robot, right? She is a doll. Doll owners aren't commanding dolls, right? Oh my gosh. What if she's a half doll, half robot? But I guess it's fun if I'm going to be a boss. I'll play with her then. It's not like somebody else could own her. Besides, she was the one who accepted her fate.

 


"Enough with the talk.", I jumped on my bed to rest. "My first command is for you to sleep now cause it's night time."

 


She didn't bother to move. Her eyes were waiting. What are you waiting for? Wait, if she's awake at midnight, is she awake the whole time she's a human until she goes back to her life as a doll?

 


"Don't tell me you don't sleep?", I'm wide awake. "What were you doing every time you are hiding in my closet then?"


"Just sit and stare?"


"That's hella boring!", thinking of those nights made me think if she really did that. "But now, I command you to sleep!"


"Yes, your majesty. But please, handle me with care."

 


She laid down on the floor and closed her eyes. I looked at the space of my bed then I looked at the space on the floor. That's so uncomfortable.

 


"Y/N, stand up.", I woke her up again.


"Yes, your majesty.", she automatically stand.


"Sleep.", she was about to place her body on the floor again but I changed her way of thinking. "Here."

 


I pointed on the space beside me. A king-sized bed. I was glad I asked for this kind of bed. Well, at least, I can provide comfort for my doll. Without a doubt, Y/N slept beside me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Why didn't you bring your doll?", Momo was slapping my chest. "Why do you always leave her alone?"


"Again, my doll already has a name. Call her, Y/N. I said her name a couple of times", I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Momo! We are about to go home! She won't be lonely now! You were even leaving your dolls! Why is mine a big deal?!"


"I hate leaving dolls alone!", she pouted. "My dolls are friends with each other. They are not alone!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Hello. I'm back.", I talked without someone to talk to. "Did you have a good time?"

 


I asked her though I know she won't answer. I am weary. The reason why I did not bring her together with me was that I'm scared if ever she transforms out of nowhere. Last time, it wasn't yet midnight when she transformed. Does she also transform every afternoon? I did not know about this cause we always go home late. That's the only time we had an early out.

 


"I'm sorry I came home late and wasn't able to talk to you if you ever transformed.", I observed her position. "Were you lying still the whole time since midnight?"

 


I carried her for a moment as I fixed my bed which was left behind because of my job. I prefer to carry her when she's heavier than this time. We made ourselves comfy.

 


"I'm sorry in advance cause I cannot keep my eyes open until yours will be.", tiredness made me fall asleep faster than drinking sleeping pills.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 


"Hello there, Kyeopta!", Momo whispered as she brought the porcelain doll in her arms. "Shh. Don't make a noise or else we are gonna wake Nayeon unnie!"

 


Momo sneaked her way outside Nayeon's room. Nayeon, on the other hand, was still peacefully sleeping not knowing that there is the real intruder who went inside her room.

 


"Hello there, guys! We're back!", Momo waved at her barbie dolls. "Do not even bother to call her 'Kyeopta' anymore cause her owner already named her, 'Y/N'. I brought her here cause I felt sad that she was left alone by her owner and that she even fell asleep immediately without changing Y/N's clothes. Aish. Bad owner. For now, let us make Y/N happy!"

 


There was a set prepared for everyone. The dolls were all in a sitting position around a small table. There were also real snacks that were placed on top of the table. Momo made it fantastic.

 


"What should we do now?", Momo talked to her nonliving friends. "Oh? You want me to sing a song for you? Fine.


I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world


Life in plastic, it's fantastic


You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere


Imagination, life is your creation


Come on, Barbie, let's go party! Ahh ahh ahh!"

 

 

She was dancing all throughout her room not minding if she would wake others up. She was having the time of her life. Maybe this is where she obtained her confidence to be able to prepare onstage. Let Momo be.

 


"Stop!", she raised her hands. "I can't wait for midnight! We have to eat now!"

 


Nayeon's doll was sitting beside Momo. Momo offered Y/N a food on and was pretending that the dolls were all eating.

 


"Y/N, you won't eat? Are you sure? Okay, this is mine.", Momo made a rocketship of food from Y/N towards . "If you were only alive, you would appreciate food! Food is life!"

 


Momo continued eating everything that was on the table until her eyes felt sleepy. Leaving the dolls and the mess behind, she went to her bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahhh! I cannot sleep!" Jeongyeon scratched her nape. "I know others are sleeping now because they are tired so I cannot ask someone out! Ahh! What should I do?"

 


Maybe check up on Momo? Without a doubt, she walked her way towards Momo's room. She knows that Momo's room would be messy again and she cannot stand it if she sees a mess. If Jeongyeon's eyes were a microscope, she would kill the bacteria present without leaving something behind. That gets her paranoid.

 


"As expected.", the magic land of Momo was the first thing she saw as she opened the door. "When will she ever learn?"

 


She grabbed the broom and the dustpan to clean the mess. After that, she turned the vacuum on not minding if Momo will wake up because of the noise. She hopes Momo will realize. After minutes of cleaning, she stopped a bit to rest.

 


"Hmm. Y/N is your name, huh?", she talked to the doll. "Why did Nayeon took a lot of time to think of a name?"

 


After her break, she arranged the doll on the shelves. Taking Y/N, she knows she cannot just simply place her there. Y/N was lifted for a long time as Jeongyeon just studied the doll's features.

 


"Ahh. They were right about her. Now I know why they are always fighting over this doll.", she caressed the doll's face and placed her on the floor for a moment before she would return her back to Nayeon later. "Aish. I'll eat this chocolate of yours, Momo! This is a payment for making me clean your untidy room! Look at the time now! It's already 11:56!"

 


Unmelted chocolate touched the lips of Jeongyeon and with the sweetness, she savored it for a long time that the chocolate melted on her hands slowly. She turned her back to get water from Momo's mini-refrigerator. Of course, Momo has. She drank it while closing her eyes in satisfaction.

 


"Hmm?", there was a sudden movement a bit away from where Jeongyeon's back is facing. "W-where am I? T-this is not Nayeon's room?"

 


Jeongyeon's effort in cleaning was put to waste when the chocolate and the water dropped on the floor. How is there anyone else here? She slowly turned around to know who just initiated a voice. That eyes, nose, and lips. That face. Both were dumbfounded as they looked at each other. Eotteokhae?!