Chapter 33: The Rule

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"We're already here. What's up with that face? You should be happy you can finally buy it now.", the smile that was turned down made Nayeon say that.


"Let's just go home."


"Yah. We went all the way here,  and now you're telling me to go home?", Nayeon held my arms before going out. "Now, where is that bear you liked?"


"It's not there already.", I pointed on where specifically it was placed last time, but it's nowhere to be found already.


"Yes? What are you looking for?", the same saleslady approached us.


"We are looking for the bear that she liked and was placed here last time.", Nayeon was being my guide, but the saleslady looked at me when Nayeon pointed at me.


"It's you again?", the saleslady had a stern look on her face as she even pointed her finger at me.


"Give her that pointed finger again and I'll make sure I'm gonna cut that finger of yours.", Nayeon flicked her finger off. "And give her that kind of look again and I'll make sure I'll put a lot of makeup in that freaking face."


"Nayeon.", I grasped her shoulder and whispered her name so that the saleslady won't know her.


"Let's go.", Nayeon placed her arms over my shoulder. "I don't like people giving that look over my love."


"Love?"

 


We were already outside when Nayeon paused for a while when she realized what she had just said. Nayeon is a very cringe and funny person, but why wouldn't she look at me? I could see her side profile which made her blushing cheeks visible.

 


"I mean.", she removed her arms. "My love-ly doll. Yeah."

 


I laughed at her and that made her even more infuriated. It wasn't only her cheeks that were burning now, but even her ears. The thought of not being able to buy that bear, made me lose myself once again.

 


"Still thinking about that bear?", Nayeon tried to comfort me as the redness on her face was slowly returning into the normal one. "Don't worry you'll find a better bear than that."


"I hope so.", I sighed softly. "I feel so lonely whenever I sleep, and I've got no one to hug too."


"You are not a kid anymore.", but her face looks cuter than a kid. "You are at the age that you should already go out with friends or flirting with people. You should date."


"Date?"

 


That made me think why is Nayeon talking to me this way? I think she had something deeper to say when she mentioned this.

 


"Let's go have a date then, Nayeon.", I held her hand then grabbed her away. "I guess I can't use this money to buy a bear so let's use this for our date. Who knows when I'm going to go out like this again?"


"You can't!"


"Why?"


"You should ask an intimate date to a person you like."

 


A person I like? I like everyone. The whole Twice members take good care of me so I like them. They also like me. Going back to what I can remember, the most protective and gentle to me is Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

 


"I like you, Nayeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"I like you, Nayeon."

 


I hope my ears aren't going deaf when I heard those words. I hope my mind isn't dizzy enough to have misunderstood those words. I hope my heart doesn't beat much to have held those words.

 


"I like-"


"I like you and Jeongyeon the most among the Twice members, that are taking good care of me!", those words clench my heart for really assuming too much. "Now, let's go and have a date! Isn't it intimate much for us to have this relationship?"


"You are absurd.", I don't know what to say. "You are determined so let's just go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


We are now at an amusement park without me knowing why did we even go here. There wasn't a lot of people because it's midnight. Only teenagers and couples were present there. No kids.

 


"You see that?", she poked at me and pointed on the roller coaster. "Let's ride that!"


"I-i don't want!", I have no choice because she made us disappear like this. "There are a lot of rides, Y/N! Can't you see over there? The carousel!"


"Let's ride that later if you want. We aren't young forever.", she winked at me as the guy fastened our belts.


"I swear I- ahh!"

 


Then, my throat was sore enough from screaming when the ride began. I'm gonna lose my head. I'm gonna fall. I am not gonna fall in love.

 


"It's okay.", her hand intertwined with mine. "I'm not gonna let you fall."

 


So, I'm not gonna let you go. I was too distracted with her soft hand. The hand that was protecting me from falling instead of me protecting her. At that moment, I wished the whole cycle of this ride wouldn't ever be done.

 


"Just that short?", back to disappointment.


"I thought you hated riding that?", she was walking in front of me. "Let's eat some hotdogs?"

 


We were eating hotdogs now and even both a cotton candy. Why are we even feeding each other? Our tummies are still full so we decided to play some games first.

 


"Ahh! Another beautiful bear!", she pointed then took the gun for her to play, which she couldn't hit the goal. "Disappointing."

 


Taking the gun from her, I aimed it. I'm gonna get it for her. I played for 10x already but I still couldn't get it.

 


"Bragging too much when you cannot even get it.", she teased me. "That's fine. Do not force something that is not meant for you. There's still a better one that will come. You said it by yourself."


"Yeah. I guess so.", shame.

 

 


We finally ride the carousel and I enjoyed the sight not only because of the lights surrounding the carousel. Not only because of the slow-motion turning, up and down. It's because of who I am together. There's a doubt inside of me though. The rule. What if the rule in her world is against the rule in my world or vice versa?

 


"Time's up.", the horse paused.


"Ended too soon.", I complained to the operator.


"You love carousels that much to complain?", Y/N laughed at me. "And I thought I'm the kid between the two of us."


"Yah! It's just! Nothing."


"How about there?! I wanted to ride there!"

 


This time, she was pointing towards the Vikings ride. Is she high? I am about to puke just looking at it.

 


"No choice!", so I rode again.


"How about we have that for the last evening blast?!", after the Vikings she pointed to the sky drop this time. "This will be the last!"

 


The last? I cannot have a last with her. I am getting lightheaded. I think I'm going to puke right now.

 


"I'm sorry. I really can't handle it. You can ride it by yourself. I'm just gonna go get you after my comfort room business."

 


I don't want to do something dirty to her. I don't want to mess her up by puking on her so I immediately ran to the comfort room and puked. That travel with the Twice members. Never again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Huh? Where is Y/N?", I looked around, but she's nowhere to be found. "Aish. This kid."

 


She's not in the sky drop ride anymore. She's not even in other rides. Did she grow impatient waiting for me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jeongyeon, Momo, Mina, Jihyo.", I am still searching for her. "Who could've taken her from me this time?"

 


I knocked on Jeongyeon's room first, but Y/N isn't there when Jeongyeon opened it. It seems like Jeongyeon slept well. Momo didn't unlock her door so, I opened it, but she was sleeping well. Mina came out while playing on her phone. Jihyo is my only hope. I hope she doesn't answer. If she doesn't answer, it means she is with Y/N together. I can't shake off the feeling. I knocked 3x already. Thank you for not responding, Jihyo.

 

 

"Yah. What are you trying to do?", Jeongyeon walked towards me. "Why are you knocking our doors without talking to us? Bothersome."


"Is there a problem, unnie?", Mina wasn't pausing her game.


"Nothing.", I smiled, but I'm still bothered.


"What a prank, boomer.", Jeongyeon walked back inside her room.


"Yeah. Sorry.", I was about to go back inside my room, assured that Y/N was with Jihyo.


"Who knocked in my door?"

 


No, it can't be. Pretend that it wasn't Jihyo's voice, Nayeon. You are just too giddy to think that Jihyo was talking. Motion sickness.

 


"It was Nayeon unnie. She knocked on our doors without talking to us. She said it's a prank.", Mina told her.


"What's it, Im Nayeon?"


"Jihyo."

 


I couldn't explain how the atmosphere turned into an Antarctica coldness. Jihyo is in front of me.

 


"Isn't Y/N with you?", I pulled her aside to enter the room, and Y/N is nowhere to be found.


"Y/N went to your room, right? I did not disturb cause I thought that she's sleeping together with you now.", she was startled and her eyes were moving up and down. "You are dressed. A pint of spilled ketchup on your collar. Perhaps, you did break the rule I've set."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Guys! I'm sorry, I'm late because of brownout! Guys! Vote on MAMA Awards! Jebal! 🥺🥰