Chapter 39: The Wake

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


The wake-up call that made everything work in my body. I tried to move my hand. All I could see is darkness. I don't want to live in darkness. I want to wake up.

 


"Nayeon!"

 


I'm gonna wake up.

 


"Nayeon!"

 


Slowly, everything appeared before my eyes. The lights were different. The decors were plainly set. My whole body's a sore. A tingling pain on my left ankle. I cannot fully support myself.

 


"Where am I?"

 


There are the faces of the people I was together with, previously. Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo, and. Where are the two?

 


"Don't pressure yourself. You are not fully healed.", Jihyo calmed me down.


"Is Mina guarding Y/N?", all that's inside my head was her. "They're nowhere around."


"Why are you so persistent when it comes to Y/N?"


"Of course! I can't let her be!", I shook my body, but behaved when I could feel body malaise. "You see the time? It's already 5 am! Please, tell me that Mina was taking good care of her. It wasn't long ago when I almost lost her because of those monsters!"


"Fine.", Jihyo settled. "I don't know where both of them are. Y/N wants to be alone to tour around the hospital. It's new for her so, we let her be. It wasn't that long since she disappeared from here. She'll be back soon."


"How could you-"


"Give her liberty, Nayeon.", Jeongyeon was the one who spoke out too soon. "This is not her world. We don't want her to be ignorant her whole life in this world."


"You are right.", I surrendered myself. "This selfishness just because I own her."


"Guys!"

 


The door suddenly opened, like it will be removed from its place. The hands that were holding the doorway. Mina was panting and is now doubtful to tell us what could've made her like this, since she saw my opened eyes.

 


"Was someone catching up on you?!", Jihyo pulled Mina inside and locked the door. "Did you find Y/N? Nayeon would be disappointed if she is lost once again."

 


"That."

 


Diaphoresis. How could Mina be filled with transudation? She is anxious enough and that made us worry about her situation.

 


"Tell us what happened Mina."


"I need to find Y/N.", Jeongyeon was about to open the door, when Mina burst out.


"It's Y/N!", she grabbed Jeongyeon back. "Let me explain it first."


"What happened to Y/N?!", both Jeongyeon and I was exaggerated and moved ferociously.


"I know both of you likes Y/N, but let Mina explain it first.", Jihyo said out of nowhere. "Now, discourse."


"What are you talking about?!", Jeongyeon and I were blushing.


"I admit, I followed her.", Mina needed more oxygen to speak coherently. "I was just wary of the time, but I distanced myself a few meters from her so that she wouldn't see me."


"You!", Jeongyeon burned.


"I lost her."

 


Jeongyeon's fire was splashed by water after hearing what Mina said. I felt my body tensed up also.

 


"But not in a way you're thinking."


"What are you saying, Mina?"


"She just disappeared like a bubble in the air."


"What?!", we were alarmed, so we all acted together.


"Tell us where you last saw her!", I was about to get off my bed, but Jihyo flared at me.


"No, you stay here!"


"Come on. Follow me.", Mina motioned all of us to come as she opened the door. "Eh?"


"Where are you guys going this time?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


They were all looking at me without any sense of stability. My eyes traveled its way all over the room and stopped when I laid my eyes on her. The wake of Nayeon.

 


"You're awake."


"H-how?", Mina was stuttering and her hands were shaking, as she caressed my face. "I swear-"


"Mina! You scared us! How could you talk like that?", Momo slapped Mina's shoulder, making me think what they were talking about, before I got here.


"Y/N.", she didn't mind as she went towards me, but Jeongyeon stopped her.


"Shouldn't you rest? You're here in the hospital to rest."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


I was discharged from the hospital since I wanted to go back to a normal situation. My members surprised me when we got home. Why surprise me when I was in the hospital only for a day?

 


"We were worried about you, unnie!", Dahyun acted out crying, but she was hugging me tighter.


"We'll be good to you from now on, unnie.", Chaeyoung hugged me from the back.


"Yah. Let her rest.", Jihyo held all of them. "No party for today. I know we should celebrate that she was out from the hospital, but this is not the right time."


"Unnie, I'll take Y/N with me for you to rest better.", Mina smiled benevolently at me. "Don't worry. I'll take good care of her."


"Well, I trust you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I should be resting but why call me over?", I was whining in front of my mother. "You should have a good explanation before I'm gonna totally leave."


"Come on. I wanted to take care of you.", mom served us some foods.


"Yeah. It's not that bad for your mother to be concerned especially on what happened to you.", Jihyo tarried cause she was the one who drove me back to my own home.


"Why did you decide to come to that site, Nayeon?", mom started talking when she sat down.


"Bless the food first.", dad commanded us, making us bow our heads. "And it's not good to talk it over in front of the food."

 


There was muteness all throughout the dinner. Mom was eyeing at me, but I kept on avoiding her gaze. Why does she question me like this? It's not like it's a grievous sin that I went there. I was only doing it for her. Why is everything so wrong?

 


"I cannot keep it anymore.", mom placed her utensils down. "What is it that pushed you to go down in that cliff, Nayeon? You know exactly what happened there!"


"I'm full. Thanks for the food.", I stood up, remembering how my parents set it as a rule not to go back in that spot.


"Nayeon, I'm talking."


"I said it's not good to talk it over-"


"It's casual for us to talk about not going there anymore when you were young. Why are you taking it in a bad way every time we talk about it?"


"Jihyo?", I stared back only to call our leader. "Can we go back home now?"


"Nayeon, you're being irrationally rude. How could you talk like that to your mother?"


"Jihyo-"


"You're gonna stay here.", mother slumped the table. "What's wrong if your parents want to take good care of you?!"


"Eomma! I'm already old enough to make my decisions! Let-"


"Whether you like it or not, you stay here! No reasoning!"

 


I wouldn't be against my mom if she would want me to stay. I was a rebel in the past. I'm gonna rebel once again.

 


"I cannot just simply be away from her! I cannot do that!"

 


Those words that slipped out from my mouth. Knowing the world I'm living in, if they know the whole truth, I would be kicked out of this community.

 


"Her? Who's her?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Uhh?", I looked at Mina who was looking at me. "New room. New hotel?"


"Silly.", Mina chuckled softly. "This is my room."


"Elegant.", I tried to familiarize the tidy room at the moment. "Well, what can I say?"


"It's snowing.", Mina breathed deeply as she opened the windows to confirm what she saw. "This explains why the weather is getting colder nowadays."


"Yeah.", I shivered when Mina opened the windows.


"Oops. I'm sorry.", Mina immediately closed the windows, and ran towards her dresser to get something. "This is for you."


"This is for me?"

 


It was a mint green scarf. By the looks of it, it seems like it was knitted well. My name's also on the lower part of the scarf.

 


"I don't have any idea what's your favorite color so, I made a color that is meant to be mine.", Mina was quite discouraged. "Next time, I should ask you."


"Hey!", I hugged her. "Thanks a lot for this! The color doesn't matter. The cold won't choose a color."


"I'm glad you appreciated what I made.", she was somehow comforted.


"What?! You made this?!", I held the scarf tighter, as she nodded with a smile. "How can a goddess give a handmade scarf to a person like me?"


"You fancy me?", she smirked and it was unusual, but I blushed with her question. "Right, I get it! I shouldn't add together with them."


"Huh?"


"Nayeon and Jeongyeon."


"What's up with them?"


"Until now?.", her hands took the scarf from me, as she wrapped it around my neck. "Hey, Y/N. Can you tell me the truth?"


"What truth?"


"Did you see something at the hospital? In some rooms? Did you notice that you have the power to disappear?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Jihyo best girl! Daniel best boy! I love you both! 😞💐 Also, belated happy birthday, Momoring! ❤️