Chapter 3: The Liar

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Ah? Eh?", her mood faltered but I still managed to keep my distance away from her.


"You stay where you are!"

 


The wrinkles on my nose showed how feisty I am at the moment but it seems like the latter isn't heeding to my calls. I dared to grab a shred of broken glass and aimed it to her. The glass shone in the night. This would get bloody.

 


"You are hurting."

 


Her footsteps echoed nearer with a slight screeching sound on the tiles. It seems like she walked slackly for her feet to create such a noise. Slowly and slowly, the streetlight gave some highlights on her face, and the shadows that were outlining her body faded away. I can see her more precisely than before. Little did I know, her soft hands without calluses brushed onto mine as she carefully took the glass from me. Her eyes were innocently alluring me. It's as if she was unreal with her facial structure. My body tensed with that view. She didn't mind so instead, she bent before me and cleared the glasses on my feet.

 


"Hop on?", her head motioned me to avail myself of a piggyback ride. "Alright then."

 


Taking my silence as a way of restraint, she took both of my hands and placed myself in her back as she carried me then plopped me slowly on my bed. She was searching for something and there, she clicked to turn the lights on. Crystal clear of her face. Her eyes turned to her left side and she saw the first aid kit over there. Taking it, she then took my feet on her hands and started treating it though she wasn't that good.

 


"You can stop now.", I turned away but she kept on cleaning it and is putting way more bandage than what should be exactly done. "I said you should better stop it!"

 


A hysteria made open like that and I could see her body jiggled as an electric shock hovered her insides. This is the real guilty feeling, Im Nayeon.

 


"Are you mad at me?", slap that innocent doll face.


"Look, I don't know who you are and what you are doing here inside my room.", I cracked my neck in frustration. "How did you even manage to get inside here? Are you stealing something? Are you a sasaeng? If so, why did you need to help me with my wounds?!"

 


That puny legs started to straighten up as her height intimated me who was sitting. Her head tilted to the left side slight and her left eyebrow raised. Her respirations that were heavily breathing were visible enough to confirm that she felt uneasy.

 


"I did not even know why I am here.", an uncertain smile tried to come out from her face as her eyes looked down to the ground. "Actually, I don't even have any idea who you are, but hey! My name is Y/N!"


"I should call the police now.", I tried to reach my phone and I could see on my peripheral vision that she was still standing there like a confused child. "Shouldn't you run away now before the police will answer my calls?"

 


My fingers jittered as I started typing the local police station's number. Run now while you still have time. Palli! Palli! She was still looking at me strangely. How can a person not be guilty of a ruckus that he or she had caused?!

 

 

"Hello? Police station-", I turned off the call immediately.


"Yah! Why aren't you doing anything?! What do you want from me?!", I yelled at her. "You need money? I will give it-"


"I do not need money."


"Liar!"


"Mom and dad told me not to lie. They said it's bad to lie and that you will be severely punished if you lie.", she reasoned out calmly.


"What the is wrong with you?"


"Isn't a bad word?", she tilted her head again and covered when she realized she just said that f word. " Mianhe!"


"Yah! Will you please stop acting like an innocent kid? You might have a baby face but that kind of immaturity doesn't fit you!", I slapped my bed. "Follow me!"

 


I seized her smooth hands and she obediently followed me. This person is lucky enough to hold my hand. Why did I even let her touch a part of me?! The main door opened and I pushed her away powerfully. She didn't fall even if I pushed her with all my strength.

 


"Look, I am letting you go for now. The next time you'll intrude here again especially my friends' rooms, I will never let you slip away. I will break your face and all of your bones! You understand?!"

 


I acted out how it's like to break bones and created a sound by cracking my fingers. Her eyes look like she was about to cry any moment from now. No, I should not feel guilty. It's dark now, should I just let this girl wander around? Yes! That's her punishment for going inside my room. I locked the door and went towards my room and locked it again to make sure she won't have any way in. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie yah! Wake up!", I could hear a whining making me open my eyes to a new morning.


"It's still early, Momo. Leave me alone.", I grabbed a pillow to cover my face from the radiating sunlight.


"Aniyo! You slept early last night! You should've woke up early too!", her body weight kept on pushing me side by side but I was too tired to open up my eyes again. "Unnie! It's 1 pm!"


"Already?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Someone missed lunch so, of course, someone took your lunch.", Jihyo shrugged the moment she saw me walking towards the kitchen followed by Momo.


"Yah! That was cruel! Who took my part?", I pushed the chair.


"Who else?", Jihyo shrugged again. "The one following your tail because of the sin she committed."


"You traitor!"


"Let me explain!"

 


A slipper flew towards Momo's head and she was stupid enough not to see that incoming missile. Come back here, you kid! We are cats and dogs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"You owe me something!", she was kneeling in front of me while we were inside my room.


"What can I do for you, your majesty?", grumpy Momo tried to contain herself.


"Did you kidnap my doll?", I took my massaging stick and pointed it to her making her move her neck backward. "Or did I lost it?"


"I swear! I am not the culprit, unnie! I wanted to see your doll but before I could do it, I realized that I wouldn't want to be untrusted by you!"


"But you ate my food!"


"Food is an exception!"


"You owe me for that food!"


"Yes, sire!", she placed her right hand on top of her eyebrow.


"I command you to search for my doll!"

 


We began our search operation around the house. I helped Momo cause I can't concentrate well without finding that mystery doll. My stomach grumbled during this operation. If only Momo did not eat my lunch.

 


"What are you looking for?", Mina took off her earphones.


"We are looking for Nayeon's strange doll.", Momo answered her while searching under the sofa.


"Shut up! My doll is not strange!"


"Fine!", Momo yelled back. "If you found a doll, Mina. Just bring it to us."


"Will do.", her fingers fumbled on the air as she walked like she was floating in the air.

 

 

 

 

"Ahh! Now, I only have Kkaengi left here with me again.", I pouted as we went back inside my room. "It hasn't been 24 hours since we were together and I lost her already! I haven't even slept beside her yet!"


"Are you sure you placed her here in this closet?"

 


The thought of last night's event rushed inside my head. The time I opened my closet. The time I turned back and I saw her eyes at me while I was searching inside the closet. Ahah!

 


"I knew it was her!"


"Who?", Momo closed the closet.


"The doll thief. The liar."


"Eh?", Momo was confused but shrugged that nonsense thought. "I was curious what's the name of your doll, unnie."


"Name?"


"Yes? Maybe if we call your doll's name, it would finally appear!"


"What do you think of it? A pet?!", I laughed vigorously.


"Just tell me what's the name! It could be effective."


"Uhm.", I bit my lower lip. "I haven't given her a name yet."


"Don't you wanna give her a name?", she paused. "My dolls' names are Christine, Hillary, Lady, Krizza..."


"Stop enumerating them!"


"Come on! Give her a name! What are you waiting for? A doll cannot choose a name by itself!"


"Barbie?"


"Generalization!"


"Aish! I'll give her a name once we found her! For now, let's just go outside!", I dressed hurriedly. "You pay me for stealing my food. I'm hungry now because of you!"

 


She mopped around while following me outside. I am too hungry. I motioned her to go first when I fixed my untied shoelace on the stairs of our doorway. I just tied it recently! The tip of my shoelace pointed to a thing that was planted in the bushes. I went to reveal the thing. My doll! I hugged it closer and its' clothes were slightly dirty.

 

 

"Wait here for a while, Momo! Wait for the car!", I ran inside my room not bothered for Momo's answer.


"Poor you."

 


I washed my doll immediately and took off her clothes. There was another tag inside. I fixed my eyes to read it. It was soaked with water.

 


"Y/N?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Currently writing chapter 40 of this story! I would appreciate it guys if you would leave some comments to inspire me! (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃