Chapter 13: The Vacation

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"It's raining.", I stared at the window. "It should already be sunset. Why aren't they here yet?"

 


One slightest move and a sign showed up. Should I contact them? My hands were shaking as I held the phone. How do I use this again? The stupid me was struggling.

 


"Ahjumma! Ahjumma!", I looked below from my treehouse and saw a young boy running towards an older woman. "Ahjumma! I heard Nayeon unnie was here last night! Why didn't you call me?!"


"Ahh! They went here at midnight. Children should be sleeping that time already.", the woman patted his head.


"Ahh! I want to see unnie!", is that boy what they call spoiled brat?

 


"Is there something between Jeongyeon and our daughter?", a man appeared as the young boy disappeared. "Maybe their fans were right about them."


"Remember, we should always support our daughter from now on. She's old enough to make decisions.", she is Nayeon's mother then. "I do not want to linger in the past when she auditioned secretly because I didn't support her."

 


Oldies talk is boring and I shouldn't even listen to other people's discussions. It's not about me. How do you contact a person using this phone? Where are the contacts here? Oh! Wait! A camera! Wow! I really liked phones with cameras cause phones with cameras are expensive! Is this- click!

 


"What was that?", the woman jumped back when she heard the shutter sound and the flash of the camera strained their eyes.


"You stay here.", the man opened a transparent umbrella. "I will be the one to take a look at it."


"The flash came from the treehouse!"

 


Raindrops were visible on the transparent umbrella. He looked above the treehouse waiting if someone will come out from here. Oh no. What had I done? He had doubts but he climbed the ladder slowly or else he will fall down because of the slippery ladder. I'm sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


Inside the van was filled with laughter and noises as the members were all singing aloud together. They were excited. Why can't I even keep my promise?

 


"The two of you looks serious.", Jihyo looked back on where Jeongyeon and I were seated beside each other. "Were you mad at me cause I surprised all of you?"


"We are not! We are even excited!", Sana yelled.


"I would be happier if I could take care of Y/N too.", Momo caressed Boo's fur. "Where is Y/N right now? Why did you leave her in your house?!"


"I told you I forgot her cause Mom took care of her!"


"For your information everyone, I was the one who asked for this vacation so it is my responsibility to plan for this day.", Jihyo nodded her head. " I'll do my best for all of us to enjoy this day."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Happy Birthday, Nayeon!", everyone sang as we arrived on the beach with the managers already in the venue.


"Guys! Take all your time to enjoy this day especially to our birthday girl!", our manager cheered.


"Yehey!"

 


My feet cannot feel the sand anymore and I felt my body floating in the air. Time stopped when I felt the coldness on my whole body. Water. The weather is chilly!

 


"Ahh!", I held my head and ran back to the shore as everyone laughed. "You!"

 


Their faces were all flashed with the cold water. Big hands, big amount of waves could be held. Their noises weren't heard any more since the water filled up their mouths. Gotcha.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie, are you happy?", Jihyo took my hands as she was expectant for a good answer. "I did not even tell the members about this. I worry that the surprise would be ruined if I told the members especially Sana. I did my best for you cause I wronged you before. I am making up for that."


"Yah! Jihyo!", I held her hand tighter. "You did not have to worry about me. I enjoyed this day. Thank you for always thinking of me. I'm sorry if I also make you worry."


"Shh. Enough of sorries."

 


The sunset was covered with rain. The sunset wasn't found at the end of the seas. There was a huge hurdle of the wind. Rain. Why is the rain sending me an unknown signal?

 


"Y/N."


"Unnie, where are you going?!", Jihyo's voice is getting faraway.


"Don't worry! I'll be the one to follow her!", I did not know that Jeongyeon followed me.


"Lovers.", Tzuyu whispered to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My bag! My phone! I neglected the pouring rain over my head. I neglected the fact that I might get sick after this. I neglected her.

 


"Y/N.", I was finally holding my phone.


"How dare you forget her?", Jeongyeon was panting heavily as she finally caught my hand.


"Let go!", I was taking my hands off from her grip to be able to send a message to Y/N.


"How could you left her hanging?!"


"I said let go, Jeong!", my phone also flew away from my hands because of my strength. "I'm sorry. I just needed to."

 


Typing a message never felt this easy especially when you know your own mistake. Sent. I hope she wouldn't be too surprised that she's still in the treehouse by the time she transformed. I was too distracted that I opened the messages for me lately. A lot were about greetings but what is this message?

 


"I have to go." 


"Unnie! Where are you going?", Jihyo was running after me. "Did I do something wrong?"


"Ji, I do not have time to explain but my mom sent me a message.", I passed by them with a rush. " There's an emergency."


"What?"


"Can I borrow your car keys?", I asked my manager.


"Let me drive you."


"No!", I took the car keys without any hesitation.


"Don't worry! I'll follow her again!", Jeongyeon waved her goodbye to everyone leaving them dumbfounded.


"Uhh? What's going on?", Chaeyoung asked the elders.

 

 

 

 


The roaring of the vehicle engine emerged as I started it once I got inside. This cannot wait. Something bad could've happened. I was about to step on the gasoline when a loud pang was heard.

 


"Think you could go without me?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


Huh? Where am I? Huh? Is this Nayeon's photo? The familiar girl inside the frame smiles at my way. Why would she bring a picture frame of her?

 


"Y/N.", a whisper.


"Who was that?", no answer so I shrugged it off. "Did Nayeon took me already? Why aren't they here? They could be outside waiting for me to wake up."

 


Hmm? My foot stepped on something that could make me slip if I wasn't just walking at a slower pace. A silky gift wrapper? It would be bad to leave this room untidy. Taking the wrapper with me, the tag fell on my foot making me take it. A red tag? A present for Im Nayeon. There was also an envelope hiding below the foam. I managed to take it off effortlessly.

 


"Hello there! Today is my birthday! Always remember this day! Oh how much I want to live and become a human! Please take good care of me! I'm fragile! As for my birthday gift, I want my birthday to surprise you instead! I am your present!"

 


What kind of message is this? I shrugged it off and took all of them. Threw it directly to the trash bin beside the desk. I should head out now. They might be waiting outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"This is what I'm saying.", Jeongyeon was complaining all throughout the ride until now even if we are already parked outside my house. "We're going down!"

 


I ignored her as I was speeding towards the door. We went inside and mom was shivering as if she had seen something extraordinary.

 


"Mom, what happened?", hope not.


"I found something unbelievable in your treehouse."