Chapter 38: The Body

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"Are you okay?"

 


The sound of worries was all I could hear although my vision is unclear. Close. Open. Close. Open. Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo, and Mina.

 


"I shouldn't have let her go down.", Jeongyeon was blaming herself. "I'm just glad that she was just unconscious."

 


My body went to Fowler's position. My body was weak so they assisted my back. Why can't I feel pain? I could only feel tired?

 


"What happened?"


"Weren't you able to trace back what happened, Y/N?", Mina accommodated me. "You fell unconscious."


"I remember falling.", I tried to nurture myself. "Where's Nayeon?"


"Before you could fully fall, you turned back into a doll.", Jihyo explained the whole story to me. "We are just glad that you fell on a soft area or else you could've been broken."


"That explains why I cannot feel pain.", I checked on my whole body for bruises which I don't have. "But I'm asking for Nayeon."


"On the other hand, Nayeon unnie didn't have a of good luck that time.", Mina's eyes got teary. "She ran after you, but she wasn't able to catch you. Her foot got stuck on something before she could even lift her hands towards you."


"You mean-"


"Yeah. She's in the hospital."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon!"

 


There's no way that I wouldn't hug that body, but I guess the body found a way for me not to touch it. She even hit her forehead on a stone making her unconscious. That furrowed brows. Was she disappointed at me?

 


"Umm. Who is she?", Nayeon's mother, even though she has that burden inside, was able to ask who I was.


"Ahh.", Jihyo moved forward. "She's our best friend, Ms. Im. I'm sorry that she immediately rushed inside. The news was new for her."


"It is new for all of us.", Nayeon's mother was about to cry. "I wouldn't forgive myself if we lost her. After all, this isn't the first time she was involved in an accident. This poor knee."

 


Nayeon's mom caressed Nayeon's left leg, crying on it. That's why she has a weak left knee. That's why her left knee got stuck because it wasn't strong enough. She wasn't strong enough. The body that tried to be strong to save me.

 


"Where did you go, Jihyo?", Nayeon's mom asked her so she leaned and whispered the place cause she doesn't have enough voice to be audible. "That's the same place. This stupid girl, why would she go on that place?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Yah. Jihyo, what did ahjumma mean when she said it's the same place?", we were gathered in a cafe near the hospital to have a break.


"I don't even know.", Jihyo sipped the coffee, letting in a burn on . "What do you think she meant by that?"


"Does Nayeon unnie know that place before?", Mina was trying to combine all the pieces together. "It is not improbable."

 


Having talks like these made me think about what could it be. There's a point that was missed. I remember Nayeon's face when seeing the sea below. The sound of silence that you wouldn't recognize Nayeon. Yeah. She was silent every time we are there. Closing my eyes to feel the coffee that made me feel more mature than ever. That's me who was falling.

 


"Y/N!"

 


I could hear Nayeon's voice at that time. Nayeon's voice when she called my name was mixed with echoes that I couldn't recognize where it came from. Seeing Nayeon's eyes at that time when I was falling. Her eyes projected what happened and what was happening.

 

 

"Y/N!"

 


"I swear it's her!"

 


My cup of coffee fell in between my legs. Flowing coffee that messed up my pants. Broken glass of coffee on the floor. Everyone turned to look at me. What's my problem? I could not grip on reality.

 


"Y/N!", Mina, who was beside me, immediately stood up and cleaned my pants. "You're burning."


"Y/N!", Jihyo slapped the table in fear. "You're shaking."


"Y/N!", Momo helped by cleaning the broken glass below me. "You're hurting."


"Y/N!", Jeongyeon held my hand to comfort me. "What's happening with you, Y/N?"

 


They all called out my name. It wasn't Nayeon or whoever was calling my name. Compared to my disappointment with myself, I think they are more disappointed with what happened.

 


"Nayeon.", I called out for her. "It's Nayeon."


"I'm sorry for the trouble.", Jihyo raised her arm and bowed. "We'll see to it that we are handling this well. We'll gladly pay for the mess."

 


"Y/N, care to explain?", they were all waiting for me.


"The time I fell on the cliff. I saw something."


"What did you see?!"


"It was Nayeon.", I feel weary. "Her eyes were frightened at that time. She's falling."

 


My fist curled when I remember that. I was caressing the table for comfort. They were all waiting for me.

 


"Care to elaborate."


"Nayeon was inside the car that time.", I tried to remember the scene. "The car that they were riding was falling in that same cliff. She was involved in an accident."


"Okay, we should stop there.", Mina raised her arms. "I can finally theorize it now."


"Will you explain it then?"


"Y/N was saying that Nayeon unnie had an accident on that same cliff.", Mina begins. "Nayeon unnie was involved in an accident when she was just a kid, right? That's why she has a weak left knee because of that."


"Oh that!", they all got the point. "Wait."

 


"Why are you staring at me like that?", I asked them who was wary of me.


"Perhaps, do you have the power to know a person's past?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should rest, ahjumma.", Jihyo suggested. "It's not good for you to sleep late."


"Am I really that old, Jihyo?"


"That's not what I meant!"


"Just kidding.", Nayeon's mother smiled at us. "You're right. I should probably head home now. Please, update me about my daughter's condition. I'll be leaving now."


"Take care, ahjumma.", Jihyo bowed. "Ahh! Ahjumma!"


"Yes?", she turned back. "Do you need anything?"


"I want to ask if.", she knows it's too sensitive. "Perhaps, was that the same cliff where Nayeon had an accident before?"

 


She couldn't move when she heard Jihyo ask that question. She's asking herself, did Nayeon told them where it was? Maybe.

 


"Yes."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So it's confirmed.", Jihyo spoke to me. "You have that kind of power to remember someone's past."


"That was the first time." Mina lifted a finger. "We cannot confirm it yet. Maybe, next time."


"Right."


"Excuse me.", a doctor went inside the room. "Guardians?"


"Yes.", Jihyo presented herself. "Any update, doc?"


"She'll wake up soon.", the doctor assured. "I'll be checking her vitals then I will leave, so that I wouldn't be disturbing you."


"Thank you.", we all nodded.


"Tell me if you have any concerns.", the doctor noticed my existence, but I was wondering why she had the time to stop just to stare at me in a peculiar way.


"You have any problem, doc?", Mina interrupted her.


"A-ahh. Nothing!", her eyes were still fixated on me. "I should go!"

 


"Why was she panicking?", Jeongyeon disliked that action. "And why is she staring strangely at you, Y/N?"


"How would I know? I am not a mind reader."


"Let's take a nap.", Momo did so when the doctor left.


"I'll be going.", I smiled at them. "I want to tour around the hospital."


"Would you like me to come with you?", Jeongyeon immediately stood up.


"No need.", I went to Nayeon's side and kissed her temporal. "Please, wake up. I'm sorry if it's partly my fault why you have to go through this. I'll be going to calm myself from the visions I saw in my mind."

 


After speaking to my owner, I smiled at the members. Not everyone could visit her. Nayeon isn't having sufficient energy coming from whom she wanted the most. Maybe that's why she isn't waking up yet. I walked towards the ally where there aren't a lot of people. It was silent. I know we'll have to go home soon, so I grabbed the chance to explore here. I don't even know why I'm doing this. There are some nurses that are looking at me strangely like how that doctor looked at me.

 


"Ahh! I'm sorry!"

 


That nurse was in a rush. She stopped when she bumped on me. She stopped another minute observing my face.

 


"I-i have to go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Everything's strange. Why can't I feel anything? Even my legs aren't carrying me. All that I ever have in this system is paresthesia. A doctor came out from the room where I stopped. Who is that girl I see? I tried my best to walk towards the room where the doctor came from. I opened it once again. The body that I am familiar with the most. The body that shouldn't be here and shouldn't be there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:


Hello, everyone! I would like to remind you that all of my fan fictions are FICTIONAL. Please, don't take it seriously. LookfLook to the upcoming chapters! 🤭(つ✧ω✧)つ