Chapter 15: The Schedule

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


I wasn't able to breathe properly when my chest was pressed with someone else's. My chest was cold because of the watery tears. I engulfed her with a hug too.

 


"Y/N, I-i"

 


She couldn't say it because if she will say it, it would be harder to let the whole thing fit for a human's mouth.

 


"Shh. Say it when you are ready." if only she could smile like me. "One by one."


"Am I useless?"


"Huh?"


"A kid told me that I am not famous and that I am a parasite to my groupmate's fame."


"I did not know you were carrying that much weight.", I stared upright in her eyes. "I do not know what's the problem within your group or fame, but know that a human has a purpose. I am even thinking what am I here for? I am a doll and a human. I think I have a purpose why I became human. How much more for a pure human like you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

 


To serve or not to serve is a choice of someone who has the freedom to choose. For such a brief conversation, Jeongyeon's mind was made up.

 


"Let's go!", Jeongyeon immediately stood up and patted the dust on her .


"Where to?"


"We have to go back to Nayeon's room."


"Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning!", Nayeon's mother opened the door to greet the two. "Oops."

 


Why is she covering her eyes? What happened? The two opened their eyes looking at Nayeon's mother.

 


"I'm sorry I did not know that something happened between the two of you last night! Please wear some clothes!"


"Huh?"

 


The two asserted as they were confused about what she meant by that. The blanket was concealing their whole body. They have clothes. Nayeon's mother was just judgmental.

 


"Yah! We aren't !"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We cannot leave her here.", Jeongyeon held Nayeon's hand when she was about to take Y/N to the treehouse again.


"Huh?"


"I will not let you take her back there.", Jeongyeon's brows furrowed. "Your mom almost had her."


"But where are we gonna take her then?"


"With us.", Jeongyeon took the doll from Nayeon's arms. "She is more in jeopardy if she's kept away from our eyes."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Huh?! Y/N!", Momo ran towards us when she saw Jeongyeon carrying the doll. "I missed you!"

 


Everyone was welcoming the doll but someone was isolated from them. Jeongyeon coughed and went away leaving me to be unwieldy alone with her.

 


"H-hi, Ji.", no answer. "Look, I'm sorry."


"You did not need to explain, unnie.", she suddenly hugged me. "It's alright for me. I'm just pleased you are safe and that stalker issue isn't happening again."

 


That wasn't what I foresaw but I'm glad that she did not stress out for me. My knuckles slithered on her trunk to hug her back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey."


"Hmm?", I was astonished when Jeongyeon entered my room.


"I was just wondering if we should take Y/N as a human later at midnight.", that was random. "You know, it would make her more lonely if she stayed here her whole life. She is already a prisoner inside a doll's body. Why make her a prisoner outside?"

 


Why is her concern for Y/N evident than when she's expressing concern to her members? She's right though. It's 10:40.

 


"Okay. I'll just dress her up.", I started moving then turned back to Jeongyeon again. "Yah! Turn your back!"


"Huh? Oh right!", she turned her back and closed her eyes. "But a doll doesn't have s, right?!"

 


A swift turn did by Jeongyeon made me cover my doll quickly. We are looking up and down.

 


"Yes, the doll doesn't have!"


"Then why would you let me turn around when she doesn't even have that?", Jeongyeon crossed her arms and went towards us.


"You stay where you are!", I pointed a finger to her.


"Then how about you? You are looking at her while changing her outfit.", she continued walking towards us. "That's unfair, Nayeon."


"That's not unfair! I'm the owner!", I flushed.


"Aye! Stop with that reason!"

 


The door clicked and screeched gradually when someone opened it. Both Jeongyeon and I immediately hid the doll.

 


"Oops. Wrong timing.", Momo peeked then closed the door.


"Yah! What do you think you're doing? Come back here inside!", I yelled so she had her head hung low as she went inside. What 'wrong timing' are you talking about, Momo?"


"Hehe.", she giggled. "Where's Y/N?"


"Ahh! I knew it. She was expecting that you could be asleep already, Nayeon.", Jeongyeon nodded. "So she could take the doll away and have a Barbie party in her room again."


"And have you clean my room again.", Momo nodded together with Jeongyeon.


"Ahh! You are spoiled! I will never go inside your room just to clean again!", Jeongyeon stopped nodding.


"Why do you even take my doll away from me?"


"Play and eat."


"Momo, you are just 8 days younger to me!", Jeongyeon scowled. "When are you gonna grow up and stop acting like a kid?"


"Then why are you holding Y/N in the morning?", Momo griped.


"Me?"


"Hypocrite.", Momo moped as she went outside.


"Did I hurt her?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


Bushes? Large tree? Is this backyard? But not the backyard of Nayeon's own home. Clothes meant for hanging out? I looked up and saw the two smiling widely.

 


"What's up this time?"

 

 

 

 

 

"Cafe?"


"Yes.", Nayeon held my hand as we went inside. "The usual and another cafe latte for her please."

 


It seems like the guy knows what she wanted already. Cafe latte? That term is familiar. This place is soothing.

 


"I'll have a cafe latte too then", Jeongyeon smiled at me.


"Y/N, we took you out cause we weren't able to take you out yesterday.", Nayeon started conversing. "This would loosen us since cold weather is coming."

 


Yeah. If you were good with the weather, you will know that the atmosphere is different. There'll be a breeze.

 


"I've never been to such place before.", I shook my head.


"Of course, cause you are from a different world.", Jeongyeon regarded how inept I felt. "I didn't mean it in a bad way, okay? I worry that I might hurt another one."

 


Hurt? Jeongyeon was hurt last night and now she's the one who's hurting others? I don't believe it.

 


"By the way, Y/N.", Nayeon tried to get Jeongyeon out of my mind. "There's a sudden change in the schedule. We are gonna work again tomorrow. Appearances. Bla la."


"Oh okay."


"We are gonna find a vacation again. I hope you'll patiently wait for us.", Nayeon's hands were on top of mine.


"Here's your order."

 


3 coffees are placed in front of us. Coffees? Yes, the smell is coffee-like! Nayeon put something white and creamy on top of her coffee. She stirred it making it sink and utilizing the dark to lighter.

 


"Why do you look so confused?", Nayeon noticed that I was observing her.


"Uhh? Is this coffee?"


"Yes, it is. Is there something wrong with it? You haven't even tried it. Come on, have a sip."


"I know I used to be curious about what coffee tastes like but my mom said that coffee is not meant for children.", I pushed the coffee away lightly. "My mom would be angry if I tried this."


"Well, your mom isn't here.", Jeongyeon shrugged.


"Why are you always even talking about what your parents don't want you to do?", Nayeon furrowed her brows. "Do you know who's your parents?"

 


My parents? I asked the question inside of my head. Who are my parents? An image of them came in my head. No face? What's going on? Aren't they humans?

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 


"Huh? Nayeon left you?", Jeongyeon saw Y/N because Nayeon's door was slightly open when she left. "Aish! I told Nayeon not to leave you alone!"

 


Before leaving, she went inside Nayeon's room and looked for some clothes for Y/N. This one fits you.

 


"I trust Nayeon when she said this doll doesn't have s.", she closed her eyes a bit while changing Y/N's clothes. "And we're done! Don't worry, Y/N. I will never ever leave you alone."

 

 

 

 

 


"Yah! Why did you bring her here?", Nayeon asked as she saw Jeongyeon carrying her doll. "Who told you to take her?"


"How many times I told you that you should never leave her alone."


"Ahh. Come on, guys! We need to go upstage!", Dahyun called them over.


"Don't worry, unnie.", Momo grinned at Nayeon. "Boo is there to take care of her."

 

 

 

 

 


Outside the venue was raining very hard. The schedule wasn't set orderly. Everyone was already practicing on top of the stage but Momo asked for permission to go back to their dressing room again.

 


"Ahh! Why did I even have Boo's toy inside my pocket?", Momo laughed at herself. "I need to bring this back to Boo or else he'd be lonely. Or he might've played with Y/N and he could ruin her!"

 


Momo ran faster before destruction could happen. When she was outside the dressing room, she could hear her dog barking.

 


"Oh no. Don't tell me he wrecked her already."

 


Momo's eyes shut in fear and she doesn't have the nerve to open the door not until she heard footsteps. Everyone was outside, right? Why are there footsteps? She summoned up the determination and opened the door nonchalantly. She saw a shadow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello guys! Sorry I forgot to update last night again cause we'll be having our exams later! I hope you understand. Thank you! (╥﹏╥)