Chapter 27: The Forgiveness

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


Y/N: Can I have Mina's number?

 


It's lunchtime, how was she able to text me? My question was immediately answered when we finally walked out of the market and saw the raindrops outside.

 


Me: I'm going home already. Do not also come out of the room. You wait for me.


Y/N: But I need Mina's number before I turn back.

 


Why is she persistent? What does she need from Mina? I have everything that I needed and the two are already waiting outside my door. They know what to do.

 


Me: You've got to tell me Mina's number first.

 


The two looks impatient as I was walking slowly because I was texting Y/N. I closed my phone for a moment to drive the car.

 


"Who were you texting? Why does she seem important than Y/N?", Jeongyeon was being immature right now. "We should be planning about Y/N's situation right now.


"I'm texting Y/N.", slap on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"How are you going?", it's never a surprise for her to see us.


"I really want to go back to work.", another persisting.


"You have to resign from your job.", I defied her. "If you kept on coming out here, they might see you."


"You are restricting her too much.", Jeongyeon plied me down.


"I was only absent for a day.", Y/N started pacing away from us. "Grandma and Erika would still consider me to work. What if they were expecting me?"


"Why don't we let her?", Jeongyeon's heart is soft for her. "Y/N won't be happy is she's just here all the time, Nayeon! Y/N shouldn't be even in your room because Mina is suspecting you!"


"Yeah. Everyone knows her as Y/N now!"


"I'll have her in my room!", Momo raised her hand. "I have an extra big dollhouse there. I could hide her there. If she turns into a human, she could go outside my window since it faces the backyard."


"And every time she goes to work?"


"Let's take turns taking her there.", Jeongyeon thought of such an idea. "At least, she's gonna have someone by her side."


"That's not a bad idea."


"I still need to talk to Mina.", Y/N didn't blend in the discussion about her. "I felt guilty that I had to leave her in rejection."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After the fall of the rain, we immediately fixed all the things in Momo's room. I am more comfortable now that Y/N's near us and that we came up with a new plan.

 


"Y/N hasn't seen this yet.", I placed my hands on my waist as I viewed the large dollhouse owned by Momo. "Wouldn't her head bump on the ceiling of that dollhouse?"


"That's why we're making her lie down.", Momo assisted the doll comfortably on a large cushion. "There you go, little girl."

 


She was composedly sleeping on her own now. The dollhouse was facing on the wall so no one would witness Y/N's transformation unexpectedly.

 


"Let's leave her be."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The last time I've seen you together was going inside Nayeon unnie's room.", Tzuyu not now. "Why is it in Momo unnie's room?"


"Yeah. Next time, it will be in my room.", is that part of your lies, or do you mean it, Jeongyeon?


"Why can't anyone come with the three of you?", Tzuyu's interest flared up. "How about me?"


"Ah! No! No! It's for adults! You sleep now, baby! It's late at night!", I pushed Jeongyeon and Momo inside while smiling at Tzuyu. "That was close."


"Hmm. Not so."


"Midnight is about to come.", Momo went to the dollhouse. "Who's turn is it to take her?"


"Mine."

 


That plain look we gave to each other. Why is Jeongyeon competing with me? I wouldn't let this.

 


"I'm the owner."


"I'm the savior."


"Your argument is invalid."


"And so is yours."


"Why don't you let me go with her this time?", Momo pushed us away from each other. "You can have your argument until whenever, so for now, I'll take her."


"No!", both of us refused for this first special night.


"Come on, Jeongyeon. You are weak. You cannot save her. You have to rest until you become strong."


"Says the one who only has the mouth but never the hands."

 


Our argument halted when that same light finally shine. We glanced at each other. We knew that the best choice for this argument is to let the protagonist decide.

 


"Arguing again?"


"Yeah. They are arguing if who shall take you to work.", Momo exposed us. "After all, we think that this first day of having alone time with you is special. I mean, for taking you to work. Lol."


"I choose no one.", Y/N listened to us this morning as she opened Momo's window and climbed out. "Bye!"


"Hey! You can't just go alone!", we watched outside the window.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


I should run, run, run. I wanted to meet Mina and I hope she comes to the restaurant so that I could reason out.

 


"Why are you running?", their front door opened and I met the latter who went outside. "This street is different than the street you took last time when you're about to go home."

 


Maybe she's having that bitterness inside that she'd like to examine me to ruin my mood.

 


"Why are you still standing there?", she walked slowly towards me and glanced at the back to see if someone's coming out of the door. "Were you waiting for someone?"


"I'm waiting for you."

 


The everyday expression of Mina suddenly turned into a panicking one though she isn't showing it. Her body's reaction doesn't cooperate though.

 


"Huh? What was that for?"


"I'm saying, I wanted to go out with you because of how I handled you last time.", I'm finding it hard to explain it to her. "I feel sorry. I didn't mean that."


"Come on.", the forgiveness of Mina was all that I wanted. "I already forgave you for having the guts to say sorry and to ask me out."

 


Her hand that was wrapped with her sweater was asking me to take it. I did and she started walking, leading me while she was smoothly squeezing my hand. What I didn't know was that Jeongyeon and Nayeon were left dumbfounded on the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


The way that Mina squeezed her hand made me want to squeeze Mina's hand too. She doesn't like Y/N. I could confirm it. I could feel it.

 


"If you had only given Y/N her number, she didn't have to come all the way to Mina.", Jeongyeon seems like she's going to pound on me for what happened. "She could've just apologized through text!"


"You are overreacting, Jeong.", Momo snapped her fingers. "Don't tell me you like Y/N? You aren't gonna act like that if you don't have feelings with her."


"With a doll?", Jeongyeon stated with disbelief and that even made me cling on false hope.


"Let her be.", I just wanna go back inside my room.


"You know, you are hella weird. You are restricting Y/N too much when it comes to her freedom but now, you're just letting her go with Mina?", Jeongyeon couldn't take it in. "What's with you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Don't you have work?", it was Mina's decision where to take me. "Is it your day off then?"

 


The river meets my eyes. The river is running like the forgiveness of Mina. What was I thinking?

 


"I was absent yesterday."


"Huh? Why?"


"Something came up.", I sat watching the river then Mina sat beside me.


"Is it about Nayeon and Jeongyeon again?"


"What are you talking about?"


"Do you think they're handling you just because they have to take care of you?", she crossed her knees and looked at me for a moment. "Just because you are a doll?"

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello! Author-nim here again! I hope I'm not a disturbance through my notes! I'm giving this chapter as a gift for #5YEARSWITHTWICE! Happy 5th anniversary beloved babies of Onces! (Everyone! Greet them on the comment sections pleaseeee!) 🥺 Also, Mina is MINE (She posted in Twicetagram. Omo. 🥺). Wear your pajama shorts comfortably, my Minari~ 🥺😘❤️💐