Chapter 46: The Reason

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"I dislike going in cycles anymore, so please just tell me quickly."

 


We were standing facing each other with no more words to say. What is it that this person seeks for revenge? What is the reason why these are all happening?

 


"I have a lot of reasons."


"Mind to tell me the reasons?", I was charged with passion at the moment. "One more minute and I'm gonna discover it on my own."

 


I was counting inside of my head, but it seems like it wouldn't be too fast for us. 60 seconds plus 10 seconds as I extended it.

 


"That's it."

 


My hands stretched as I pushed my members away, and with a strong force, I busted on the door of that room she is keeping anything away, not minding my members' protests. Not minding if I'm gonna be invading the privacy.

 


"I advice you to stop-"


"I also advised you to speak, but you did not listen, and nor am I."

 


My right shoulder did an extraordinary depth, but I still couldn't get in this room. Where's the key? My eyes scanned all around the room, but the key is just on the side of that person.

 


"I said, do not come inside that room.", the latter tried to hold me, but I took the key instead without her recognizing it.


"I'll step in the game.", with my long fingers, I was able to place the key in the doorknob.


"No!"

 


I might not have seen what's inside the room yet because the body of this person landed on me. My members' eyes were able to formulate what's inside though.

 


"What the-"


"What is it?", I pushed her away and stood up just to see a huge cauldron with some colorful liquids inside a lot of containers. "What?"


"You! Why do you keep on destroying me?! Why do you keep on destroying our lives?!", she dashed towards us, but we were able to escape from her.


"What is the meaning of this?!", I was bewildered. "What sorcery is this?!"


"You think you can escape just by dodging?", she smirked.


"Eek! Run!", Jihyo was alarmed enough, so she pushed all of us towards the door, but the door promptly locked. "Open this thing!"


"Not so fast, Im Nayeon.", the pounding noises on the door disappeared when Jihyo became lethargic and suddenly feel down unconscious.

 

"Yah! What have you done-", Jeongyeon, who is ready to attack the woman, also disheartened and fell down motionless.

 

"Is she killing us?!", Momo was about to freak out but slanted, making her mute then also pass out.

 

"Do not hurt Nayeon unnie!", Mina blocked me from the point of the stick, making her dilate her eyes before she gradually shut it.

 


"What are you trying to do?!"


"Making you the last one to be alive.", I could see the color inside of that stick trying to get near me so I closed my eyes only to see the string of color, stop before it could touch my face. "Just kill me now. Don't make my brain ache anymore."


"Where is the courage you had when you burst on the doors? When you raised your voice at me? When you entered the dark places? When you defended your doll? When you had the will to live because Y/N needs you?"

 


The color spurted all over my face making me flinch and glare at her. Not only that, the spurt traveled through my arms and formed some liquified rings on my wrist Yes, she's right. I do not have to die right now. Not when I'm seeing my fallen doll resting on the floor.

 


"So you are seeking revenge on Y/N's family?", I articulated softly. "That's why they all vanished? Because of their richness, they were able to discover your plan? Is that the reason why Y/N was turned into a doll because of your wickedness?"


"What?", it looks like she was about to laugh, but in a moment, she was dead serious. "You have that way of thinking? This is entertaining."

 


She neglected me and started climbing on her mini ladder to get some colored juices. The juice of each bottle dropped on the huge cauldron after she made a fire with the magic of her stick. The mixing of each color was hypnotizing me until the fire became large, making me go back to myself.

 


"What are you trying to do?", I tried to set myself free.


"I did everything I could.", she took some strands of hair from the doll version of Y/N and splashed it in the huge cauldron.


"Do not touch my doll!"


"Your doll?"

 


A faint smile on her lips was formed as a huge book flew to her hands. The pages scrolled by itself as she uttered some words that no human would ever understand.

 


"Are you sure she is your doll?"


"Please, don't let her endure more.", I was sobbing. "Her body was in the hospital. What have you done?"


"I gave her life."


"But not her freedom."


"Shh."

 


Pointing her stick and stirring it on the cauldron, she backed away then started to move towards me.

 


"What are you going to do to me?", I shivered.


"Shh."

 


Her face is just a few inches away from my face. She then looked down and pointed the stick on the heads of my unconscious friends. I wanted to stop her, but the fluid from the stick already dripped on top of their lips. The color orange sparkled and disappeared after dropping.

 


"I said, do not touch them!", I strived to get out from the rings to help my members.


"Long will your friends forget everything.", she started walking towards Y/N now. "I'm sorry, but they have to forget."


"You did not kill them, did you?"


"How about her? You are concerned about this doll, right?"


"Stop what you are planning to do.", I closed my eyes.


"You want to know the reason why everything is happening like this?", she was carrying my doll further away from me. "Just answer yes or no."

 

 


"Y-yes."

 


"You are the reason why she both doesn't have a life and freedom, Nayeon.", she perked up and pointed the stick to me. "Catch her if you can."

 

 


No, she is flying freely as a doll. My mind went back to the time when it was written in the letter to take care of her because she is fragile. I have to take care of her. I just need to focus on me to get out of these rings. Catch. Catch. It echoes in my mind. I opened my eyes to see my doll almost on the floor.

 


"Y/N!"

 


I finally released my hands, so I dove right into her before she would break on the floor. I hope it's not too late.

 

 


"Huh?"

 

 


I looked around to see myself inside my own room. I am not in that cramped house anymore? I have the same clothes, the same hairstyle, the same everything! That tricky woman!

 


"Since when did you arrive here, unnie?", Dahyun opened my door. "And why are all of you looking restless?"


"Uhh?", I was thinking the same thing. "We just came back! We are trying to help Y/N but I guess we did not succeed for now."

 

 

"Huh?"

 


Now that I mentioned Y/N, I remembered that I was about to catch her before shifting in this place. Where's Y/N? Leaving Dahyun, I went inside Jihyo's room, Mina's, and then Momo's. She isn't anywhere around. Jeongyeon.

 


"Jeong!", she is still sleeping, but I shook her shoulders eagerly. "Jeong! You have to wake up and help me!"


"H-huh?", her eyes were opened slightly. "What do you want right now?!"


"Jeong! It's Y/N! I couldn't see where she is!", I started speaking even though she pushed me away. "The last time I saw her was that she was thrown for me to catch, but before I could catch her, we were immediately placed here! We need to find and help her, Jeong! I can't do this alone!"

 


Jeongyeon was listening to me, but she isn't doing anything. Was she thinking of an effective plan? Please, speak. She then suddenly laughed, making me glare at her for laughing when we are in the middle of a crisis.

 


"What's there to laugh, Jeong?"


"You're crazy.", she continued laughing at me.


"Ugh! If you aren't gonna take me seriously, I'll ask Mina for help!"

 


She was still laughing, but I ran towards Mina's room, did the same thing that I did to Jeongyeon.

 


"I can't remember someone named Y/N, unnie.", Mina is not the type of person to lie, but what is this? "Is she your new friend? I'll be glad to help you anyway."


"No. What is happening?"

 


Running to Jihyo and Momo's room, they all have the same reactions. Have they forgotten her? If so, maybe my doll was already shattered into pieces making her disappear, also on each one's mind. They had forgotten.

 


"If you aren't gonna help, I'll have to go now!", I ran outside. "She took her away from me. She hid her from me, and I won't let her disappear in my sight just like that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Even if I used the highest energy for the light of this car, I couldn't still see anything along the road. It's getting dark and the snow keeps on going. Still, as long as I'm alive, I'll also keep her alive. Isn't that what love is about? To be safe, I kept on honking in case another car will meet me halfway. No, no. Why is the car not balancing well? I left in the afternoon, and now it is midnight. I am leaving already. A light but not from another car. Why is my car not moving forward? My car is falling. I could see the sea. I lapsed on the cliff. It's me who is falling this time. A sudden scenery flashed in my eyes. Did I shift somewhere again? Another place, another time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Prepare yourselves on the next chapter? 4 more chaps. 👀