Chapter 48: The Curse

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"I was the one who set the curse in her."

 


All of those flashback visions flushed away in front of my eyes. I could only see my blurry tears. I closed my eyes to erase the tears that I could see.

 

 

 

 

 

 


*Flashback*

 

 


"Appa! When are we gonna arrive at our destination?", I was protesting the whole time. "Are we still far, eomma?"


"Nayeon, I told you to stay still and just sleep. It's already dark so I'm trying to slow my driving.", my dad who was driving, kept on glancing my way.


"You keep on saying we are already near yet we aren't stopping.", I crossed my arms in my chest.


"If you don't want to sleep, Nayeon, you could play with your toys there. Just don't bother your father.", Eomma warned me, so I behaved.


"Boring."

 


I wanted to ruin my toys because I'm already getting bored. Even the music that's playing in our car is boring. I love music but not that kind of music.

 


"Yah! Im Nayeon! What do you think you're doing?", father used his right hand to stop me.


"Changing the station."


"Nayeon, I told you to behave. Don't try to change the music cause it's our wedding day's theme song.", mom also pulled my hands away.


"Still, it's boring."


"You spoiled brat.", father lost his focus as he was about to scold me threateningly.


"Yeobo! Look out!"

 

 


My head carelessly slammed somewhere and I didn't even know what happened, but I could hear a loud honk that came from another car and I sensed our car bumped into something. I felt that we are falling. I could see the top of the cliff. Mom took her time to cover my head. I couldn't retrieve what happened back then or what is the cause of the accident. Not until I grew mature and realized it now, that it was indeed my liability.

 

 


*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

 

 

"Can you see what happened now, Nayeon?"

 


That wicked woman is standing in front of me as she lifted my chin. She awfully wanted to hurt me. I was a careless, spoiled brat and it's no wonder that Santa won't give me gifts back then. That Santa won't tell me if he's really there. I'm a naughty kid.

 


"No.", I slapped her hand away and grasped her whole neck not letting her breathe unobstructedly. "You are giving me false illusions. You are keeping me away from Y/N! You are just fascinating me and I don't know why you are even doing this! What is it that you really want?!"

 


My hands were taken off by her strong hands or maybe her eyes were the ones who hypnotized and weakened me. She took all of my might.

 


"Think what you want to think, Nayeon.", the dark became darker making it the darkest. "But you know it to yourself. You know what you've done. It's your conscience."

 


Then a doll appeared in her hands. It wasn't Y/N. It was the other doll that Y/N tried to save before their fall. Holding that doll tightly in her hands, the dress of the doll curled. There was sudden blood that came out of the doll. She slapped the doll on my face. I heard her say something.

 


"The curse is meant for you, Im Nayeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ring! My alarm clock. I'm back in my room again? Why is it that every time we will have the chance to talk she would suddenly send me to another place?

 


"Nayeon unnie.", Jihyo opened my door. "I'm glad you're awake and you are here. Didn't you go somewhere yesterday? I waited for you until midnight cause I really am confused about how you acted yesterday."

 


I checked my whole skin and even poured myself some alcohol to feel if there are cuts on my skin since I believed that I fell off the cliff last night once again.

 


"Oh no. I think I'm going crazy.", I continued rubbing alcohol.


"Unnie? Should I bring you back to the psychiatrist?", Jihyo whispered. "You are getting worse day by day."


"No, I'm gonna be fine.", I quit acting oddly. "I'm gonna go somewhere again, Ji."


"Where to?"

 


If I tell her the truth, she would oblige to go with me. If I told her a lie, she would follow behind me.

 


"I'm just going home. I'm missing home so much that it kind of bothering me.", I told her a white lie instead. "Don't worry! I'll be back when all is well!"


"I hope that well will be soon, unnie!", she waved at me as I headed outside and realized that the car I used yesterday is still here and doesn't have any scratches. "Take care!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Yah! It's you again!", Y/N's doctor was astounded once again when I was waiting outside Y/N's room.


"Yep.", I placed my hands in my pocket. "And I won't let go of you unless you tell me the whole truth."


"Ahh! Coming here to be arrogant when you're at fault!", his eyebrows twitched. "You know that we lost some records at the same time you went here last time! I always knew it was you, girls!"


"Well, that was the past now."


"It wasn't even a long time since that occurred!"


"Look, I am not here for an argument.", I conceded. "I am here for answers, doctor."


"Why are you so persistent?", he sighed in disbelief. "I told you I won't disseminate any information about my patient."


"I know you are old and experienced enough to handle her, doc.", I held his hand. "I just wanted to know what happened to her for her to end up in this room."


"Not gonna tell."


"Is it because of a car accident?"

 


He stopped when I mentioned it. The look on my face is begging him to answer my question now. He looked at me from head to toe. Am I gonna have a free checkup because of the way he looks at me?

 


"Was the car accident that happened, have other victims, doc? I mean, except her family."


"I could barely remember.", he pushed his glasses. "But there was."

 


My heartbeat went crazy when he mentioned that indeed there was. I was hoping that it wasn't me or else I will have to blame myself for my whole life. I will know I was at fault.

 


"What's their surname again?", he slapped his head. "Their daughter was mostly affected because of her left leg. Hmm. The Im family?"

 


I looked away and clenched my jaw. The justice that wasn't served and was considered as pure accident when my conscience is telling me otherwise.

 


"That's all that I needed."

 


I smiled and bowed at him before leaving him alone. How could I look straight at her face when I know that I was the main cause of why all of this happened to her? I couldn't stop my tears and so I run to escape from this. To escape from the crime I committed.

 


"Yah! I told myself not to tell her about anything but why did my mouth move on its own?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I was at fault. That's all that's inside my mind the whole time I was driving until now that I arrived in another place. With shame pasted on my name, I knocked on the door softly to find deeper answers.

 


"It's you again?"

 


I know that she was frustrated enough to see me. I don't even know if she's an enemy of Y/N's family or not. I do know which side she is taking.

 


"Can I come in?"


"I guess the rain last night was able to wash your pride away.", that made me more apprehensive. "I already gave you the answers that you were looking for. What else is there for you to inquire?"


"Can I come in?"


"And why would I invite an uninvited person inside my territory?", it seems like I really am uninvited. "Follow me."

 


I could only see her feet as she went inside her home, stamping in an orderly manner. I shook off the dust on my shoes to not bring the curse with me. She was already sitting on the main chair, but I did not even bother to pull a chair for me to sit.

 


"If your hands can't move, the curse will not move away.", the chair was suddenly pulled without any hand touching it. "Sit."

 


"Why did you have to show me that? Did you turn back the time as well cause my friends can't recognize who Y/N was? Is this the curse for them and for me because I am the suspect that made that accident happen?"


"First of all, I made your friends forget everything about this situation cause they shouldn't know what's real."


"What's real?"


"That I am a witch.", she took out her stick asks lifted it up for me to see. "And I am Y/N's aunt."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:


2 more left! Are you excited for the ending?! 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜