Chapter 16: The Shadow

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


Momo was walking with heavy feet. We stopped dancing as we didn't leave our eyes on her.

 


"Momo?", Sana held her limbs. "What's wrong?"

 


The whole team gathered and saw Momo's pallor face. Better than having cyanosis due to hypoxia.

 


"Everyone!", the director called out. "Let's take a long break or else you'll not get any better."

 


Everyone nodded and went on their ways while the medics are going near Momo. A sudden realization hit her.

 


"No!", Momo's unexpected energy went back. "Let's not take a long break!"

 


Inside her pocket was a snack. I wonder how could she have random things inside her pocket. The snack was lifted as she turned around as if she was boasting it to everyone.

 


"I was just hungry but I remembered that I have food here!", the snack was opened then she munched it in making it full. "We cannot rest. I wasn't even able to finish the performance. What is going to happen in this position, director?"

 


The director wore his glasses and a bit of disappointment was seen on his face as he called for everyone to go back to their works. When is this going to end?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kya!", after our performance, Momo headed to the dressing room immediately.


"What's happening to her?", Mina asked me.


"I don't know."


"Yah! I know you would attack the foods, Momo!", Jeongyeon also ran. "I won't let you eat all of them!"


"No, Jeongyeon!", Momo's limbs are speeding surprisingly. "You cannot get in there!"


"No!"


"Both of you should run away now before I could catch you!", there goes our leader holding her towel ready to smack them.


"This is usually unusual."

 


Both of them were grabbing the doorknob while battling each other. Jeongyeon had opened the door but Momo pulled the doorknob not letting Jeongyeon inside. Jihyo arrived smacking both of them but neither gave up.

 


"Please, no.", Momo's face is getting redder than before.


"I won't give up!"


"Give up!", Jihyo pushed the door making the three fall on top of each other.


"No!", Momo rushed to stand up messing some of the makeup sets.


"Oh my gosh!", Dahyun took Momo's dog who was barking even if we aren't inside yet.


"Yah! What is happening?!", everything is messing up my mind.


"Y/N!", Momo was caught by Jeongyeon and we saw the doll in the closet.


"Wasn't the doll right here sitting?", Mina fumbled her own hair. "I swear, I was the last to come out. Jeongyeon placed her here."


"What do you mean?", Chaeyoung held Mina's hand as she got fearful.

 


Horror was apparent on everyone's face. Everyone's eyes were on my doll. Did she transform again? Jeongyeon, say something. She looked at me hopelessly. She ran out of reasons.

 


"Nayeon, I'm sorry.", Momo stepped in. "The reason why I was rushing here was because Boo played with your doll. I had to go back upstage so I just placed her randomly."

 


I'm relieved when Momo spoke. She did not transform then. That was a scary moment not only for my members but also for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Unnie.", Momo approached me as I was about to go inside my room with her fingers fiddling


"Yeah?"


"I just want to tell you that.", she wasn't looking straight at me.


"What?"


"Please, take good care of Y/N!", she bowed her whole body as if she was pleading her life for it. "I swear she is a beautiful doll."


"Huh?"


"Ahh! That was nothing! I was still eaten by my conscience when my dog almost broke her!", Momo waved her hands in panic and started running towards her room. "I need to sleep now, unnie! Good night to you and to Y/N too!"


"That's strange.", I went inside my room but a hand stopped the door from closing. "Of course, it's you again."


"Didn't you find it weird how Momo acted?", Jeongyeon paid attention to her. "Why would she say that to you?"


"So, what are you implying now?"


"Aish. Nevermind.", she rolled her eyes and went to take care of Y/N. "Another thing."


"Say what?", I did my skincare.


"I noticed Mina was gazing at your room.", Jeongyeon combed Y/N's hair. "It's as if she was acting like how I acted when I wanted to confirm Y/N's existence. Yah! Nayeon, what if?"

 


Our heartbeats are ringing up to our ears. Is there a new member that will find out about our secret? How will the new member handle it this time?

 


"Mina is the smartest in this group. There is no way that she wouldn't discover this soon!", Jeongyeon was panicking now. "I discovered Y/N coincidentally. Mina won't discover her in that way! She would solve this puzzle easily!"


"Oh my gosh! What are we going to do?!"

 


Jeongyeon's smirk is telling me something. Did she find out a way out of this already? That was fast! Well, that's how cheaters on games think.

 


"Leave it to me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

 


Everyone was fast asleep because of today's events. An exception for the one going inside Nayeon's room right now. She was searching for the doll. Why is Nayeon's room always entered by someone?

 


"Now, where is she?", she did not need to turn on the lights since her eyes were keen enough to find the doll. "Why isn't she here?"

 


She kept on searching anywhere but what she's been searching for couldn't be found. No words are coming out of because of the seriousness.

 


"Why isn't she here?", she pouted as she gave up.

 

 

 

On the other hand, the plan did not really go well. Someone also entered Jeongyeon's room. Without any doubt, she took something that she didn't expect to find.

 


"Why are you here?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon! Wake up!", Jeongyeon shook Nayeon's whole body. "Ireona!"


"Yah! I'm so tired!", Nayeon pushed her away.


"We have a serious problem, Nayeon!", Jeongyeon went on top of her to slap her face. "Our plan didn't work!"

 


The plan to let Y/N stay in Jeongyeon's room so that no one could take her from the real owner's room was a failure.

 


"How dare you not know that she was taken away?!", she suddenly woke up and grabbed Jeongyeon's collar.


"I told you she was smart enough!"


"You!", anger filled the owner that she was not doubting to hurt the person in front of her.


"Before you are going to do what you wanted to do to me, let's focus on the problem.", Jeongyeon took Nayeon's hands from her. "Look at the clock!"

 

 

11:56. If the two people inside this room could only make a wish, they wish that they could stop time and find her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I am waiting.", the doll thief talked to the doll. "I really wonder what's with you. I hope I'm not mistaken by my speculations."

 


Running footsteps were heard outside. She was sure it was Nayeon and Jeongyeon. With guilt, she looked away. With curiosity, she decided to let the doll stay. 11:59.