Chapter 2: The Glass

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Yah! Im Nayeon! What did you do to make that child cry?!", mom started walking towards me so I ran faster dashing towards the door. "When are you gonna learn to take care of others especially the young ones?!"


"Bye, Eomma!"

 


Mother became an enormous beast as she's already near me. Gah! Help! Doorknob, can you please come near me instead?! My body slammed into someone making me fall. Ouch.

 


"Noona, are you okay?", my little brother helped me up as I caressed my gently but I felt another tingling sensation in the part where I caressed.


"Ouch! Eomma!", of course, it stung again because of this cruel woman's pinch. "When are you gonna stop treating me like a child?!"


"Never! Cause you will always be my daughter!"


"Noona, you just arrived here and now you are going out again?", my little brother fixed the backpack that I was carrying.


"What the f-"


"Not in front of your mother!"


"My doll! Aigoo!", I grabbed my bag from my little brother. "Give me that!"

 


I took out the doll and scanned if the doll was damaged because of the fall. Mother's right. When am I gonna start caring for someone? I'm an ignorant piece of shi-.

 


"Wow! You made a child cry yet you can take care of a nonliving thing, Nayeon?", mother lectured me again because of what she witnessed in front of her eyes. "Aigoo! How many times I told you not to be a materialistic type of person, Nayeon!"


"Eomma! Will you let unnie be? She treasures her fans so much that she's willing to take good care of their gifts cause she can't manage to interact with them. That's the only thing she could do the least for them!", my little brother supported me.


"That doll's new. Was that what's inside the box that was left outside?", mom noticed almost everything about me. "Was it from a fan? That doll costs much for a fan to give it to you."


"Eomma! Even if it's not from a fan and even if it came from another person, that person could be special then, making that gift special for her!"


"Aish. You two were blabbering enough.", I stood up after confirming that my doll did not receive any damage. "I am going. Thanks for your help also, brother dear."


"No problemo.", he winked at me.


"I'm gonna send you some cash on your account.", I whispered at him before I went out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Where are you?", I called Momo.


"Eh? Eh? Eh?"


"Why are you startling so much?", I observed Momo's tone. "You said you went to the mall to buy some outfits for your barbie dolls, right? I will go there with you. Let's meet-"

 

"Momoring~", a voice a bit farther from the other side of the call could be heard.

 

"Of course. You lied.", I smirked.


"Yah unnie!"


"I'll still come but don't let me be the third wheel.", I cringed at the thought. "I just need your help for something since this is your expertise."

 


The call ended as I gave Momo the time to spend with her boyfriend, Heechul. Aish. Momoring is still shy to show off her boyfriend despite that their relationship was published already. She is just conscious of our members' teasing towards her so she is covertly seeing him. I know cause I caught her doing that four times already! How about me? I am older than Momo yet I'm the one who doesn't have a love life yet. May the sender of this gift show up cause I appreciate the gift. I love the gift. I love this doll.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie!", Momo waved at me when I arrived in the mall. "I'm over here!"

 


Her eyebrows raised and I smiled gently inside my mask as I walked towards her. Her head hung low when I stared at her for too long.

 


"I did not mean to keep it."


"Hey. No worries. Date in private if you find it comfortable. Who am I to stop you?", I held her cheeks in both of my hands comforting her.


"Yah. Stop doing that, unnie. Others would find it weird when we are acting like this.", she gently shoved my hands away. "What brings you here, unnie? What kind of help can I do for you? All this time I thought I was worthless."


"Wow. Do not ever talk like that.", I slapped her but she just walked forward. "Where are the dresses meant for dolls, Momo?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rummaging, rummaging, and rummaging on the fantastic outfits made for dolls. Meh. These are too much. These are too fabulous. Where on the earth are the decent outfits meant for my doll?! I slapped some outfits and there! I saw a purple-colored sweatshirt that would fit for the size of my new doll.

 


"What do you think about this one, Momoring?", I waved it like a flag.


"Unnie! This is not for dolls anymore! This is for kids' section of clothes!"


"Ahh. Jinjja?", my eyes went to search for the label and yes, it's on the top of my head. "Doesn't matter. I like this."


"Wouldn't that be too big for your doll?!"


"It wouldn't."


"Aish.", Momo's shoulders were dropping, tired that we rummaged for an hour already. "Well, how about this one? This is cute!"

 


The pink flowery dress with a short sleeve was presented in front of me. Making my doll a princess, eh? Momo's childish taste.

 


"My doll wouldn't like that. Besides, I want my doll to look like a modern doll cause my doll looks like a real human.", my tongue stuck out to make Momo jealous.


"Let me see your doll!", she grabbed my bag.


"Hey! Careful! I will show her later when we change her attire!", I turned my back and faced Momo. "One isn't enough. I'm gonna buy her pajamas also."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one's POV

 

"Unnie?", Momo went directly to Nayeon's room after washing the dishes but she saw Nayeon already sleeping heavily. "She must be tired of rummaging."

 


Nayeon hasn't cleaned up herself yet and has changed her clothes. The shopping bags were also unopened yet. Momo went near Nayeon's bag as she was curious about what Nayeon's doll looked like.

 


"Ahh! I shouldn't do this! If Nayeon finds out I touched her things, I will be pulverized!", her hands stop midway and it turned towards her face cause she slapped her face purposely. "I didn't even change her clothes and I had the guts to change her doll's clothes."

 


Before she could chuckle when she heard Nayeon's heavy snore, she walked up slowly and closed the door eyeing everything for the last time. What she did not know was that Nayeon hid her doll on her closet cause she was expecting that Momo would search for her doll inside her bag.

 


"Jal jayo, unnie."

 


It was a reserved night and all the members are fast asleep. Midnight is about to come and the chippering bugs were the noises your ears could only hear. It sounds pleasant like that though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"Ugh. I'm feeling thirsty.", I my throat. "What time is it? 11:58? Really? Did I just fell asleep like this? What a shame! Ahh! I'm thirsty! I should go out to drink first."

 


I walked outside and went through the dark. I was so thirsty that no one could stop me. I took a glass and the pitcher in the refrigerator. Gulp. So satisfying. After being satisfied with the water, I walked like a zombie with my eyes closed towards my room. Due to my absent mind, I was still carrying the glass with water in it.

 


Pluck.

 

My eyes immediately opened and my iris dilated. What is that sound inside my room? No one is inside there, right? Did Jihyo barge in again? My head moved to look at the right side searching if there was an open door of my groupmates. They were all closed. No one's lights were also . I cannot solely disturb them. A thief? Cold sweat started coming out from my sweat glands as my system is showing me the fight-or-flight response. My doll! My hand leaped its' way to the doorknob and turned it cautiously. Well, I'm glad that I have this glass in my right hand ready to launch to the stranger. There is no one. I assure myself that there is no one here! I immediately ran towards my closet and opened it to save my doll before the latter would break my things! My doll is porcelain! It could be shattered! I let my eyes see clearly through the dark and even my hands are helping me to search for the doll. It's not here! I swear I just placed that doll here! Could it be that the sender took the doll away? Maybe that doll has a locator? Maybe?

 

 

"Was that meant to trace where our dorm was?!"

 


I my back frustrated on what is happening but a figure appeared in front of me and all I could see was a shadow-like figure. My hands uncontrollably chose the fight response and the water was splashed in front of the figure. Her hair is long. The figure got wet and I feel sorry for that but this person, who are you? She is a girl. But she's only a shadow! Eotteokhae?! I was caught by my thoughts until I heard the glass broke and the shattered glass bounced on my feet giving me some scratches but I couldn't properly feel the pain because of the adrenaline that was rushing in.

 


"Who are you?!", I moved away from her even if my feet's hurting. "Stay away from me!"