Chapter 26: The One

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"No-"

 


I was taken away from the main street and ended up to an alley that I didn't know. I wanted to squeal but I cannot since the latter might stab me any minute. I decided to obey.

 


"Where are you taking me?"


"Hush. No need to be scared, it's just me.", the girl's voice that I knew.


"Mina?"


"Yeah. Whatever happens, just don't look at the back and don't ever run."

 


Mina is the one who took me with her. Our feet were walking in synchronization. I don't know where Mina is taking me but I know she has a reason to do so. I looked at my watch, 5:36. I didn't even notice we were walking for a long time. Suddenly, there wasn't anyone following us anymore.

 


"Huh?", it was time for me to turn back and when I looked in front of me, there's a police station over there. "What just happened?"


"Those creeps wouldn't just leave you, huh?", Mina finally took off her mask to breathe properly from exhaustion.


"How did you know that I was being followed?", that made my heart beat crazy.


"I didn't. I just saw you while roaming around. I followed the one who was following you. I had to keep you safe so I walked the other way where I could meet you halfway to take him to stay away from you. He didn't stop, so I had no choice but to walk to the street near the police station. That worked."


"Who is he?"


"The same person who was mad at you for last time.", Mina's brows furrowed. "Speaking of, we need to talk about this to the police then we could have a breakfast-"

 


Breakfast with Mina? Again, the time. It's 5:53. I will transform soon. I'd like to, but I can't.

 


"I'm sorry, Mina.", I took off her hands. "I really have to go home."


"I cannot let you go like this."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


Ouch! I felt uneasy for a moment. I rolled over my phone. Time to go back to sleep again. Why can't I sleep again if I'm still very sleepy?! I opened my phone and opened Y/N's message immediately.

 


Y/N: Nayeon, I think someone's following me.

 


Someone's following me? What she messaged me was like caffeine that made me abruptly wake up. No one's around yet so I walked fast outside not minding if I'm wearing pajamas and even if I hadn't brought my mask with me.

 


"Where could you be?"

 


Twisted my neck here, there, and over there. She's not here. I ran and ran and I was glad that the sunrise is starting to show up to make me easily find her. I also felt uneasy cause any moment from now, she would transform. The one who took her away from me will be grievously beaten.

 


"I cannot let you go like this.", isn't that Mina's voice? "You are in danger. Are you just going to let it slide? Besides, the sun is rising, we should have breakfast."

 


Who is Mina talking to? Where's that voice coming from? I never thought that Mina would be waking up this early.

 


"Mina, someone's waiting for me. I need to go."

 


The one that I was searching for. I immediately hid somewhere as I saw Y/N running away from her, but Mina is also catching up. 5:56.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"No-", someone grabbed me again then covered my mouth unable to say no with continuation again.

 


"I'm sorry. I'm late.", I'm so glad it was my owner this time. "You can turn peacefully now. I'll bring you back."

 


I was grateful enough that this isn't yet the time for the real me to be discovered. My eyes slowly shaded and the view of my owner is getting blurry. The last thing I felt was her hands on the back of my waist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


It's about time for her to go. I sneaked my hands over her waist so that she wouldn't fall once she transforms into a little one. I'm not gonna let her fall and be broken.

 


"There you go."

 


I finally caught her. I hugged her tightly then went out of this secluded alley. Never thought that I would meet the running Mina.

 


"Nayeon unnie?", she quit running as her eyes moved to the one I'm hugging. "What are you going in the streets with your pajamas on?"


"Is there something wrong with that?"


"Why do you have your doll?", she is still focused on my doll.


"I took her because the kid that borrowed her doesn't want her anymore.", I shrugged and lifted my doll. "So, here I am."


"At this time of hour?"


"Of course! Or else she might break my doll and that's the last thing I would like to happen!", I'm getting impatient with Mina's interrogations. "Would you please stop talking now? Let's just go home."

 


I started to walk to escape from her questions but before she could follow me, I saw her pout her lips in a sad way.

 


"I seldomly talk.", it was just a whisper that I was able to hear. "I swear, that doll was wearing what Y/N was wearing."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's with your haggard face?", Jeongyeon was already inside my room. "Where did you even came from? I was here for half an hour already. Oh! Why do you have Y/N?"


"We have a problem!", I sat in front of Jeongyeon, messing my hair.


"That seems serious.", Jeongyeon's breathing was altered with nervousness. "Did something bad happen to Y/N?"


"I mean, it's not that bad."


"So, something really happened to her!"


"I meant what I said by not that bad as what you were always thinking!", my back drooped. "Mina almost found out about Y/N."


"What?!", Momo joined in the conversation.


"I saw Mina asking Y/N out to have breakfast with her, but Y/N refused and ran away because of you know why."


"What?! I didn't know that Mina would be interested in her?!"


"Let's not dwell on that yet.", that changed my mood but this is serious.


"Yeah.", Jeongyeon did not like it too.


"I saved Y/N from Mina before she could turn. When Y/N's a doll already, I went out from where I hid. Mina saw us.", and at that moment I realized my failure. "She was able to recognize the clothes of Y/N was the same as the doll."


"Ahh! That's a complex problem!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After eating breakfast, me, Mina, and Jeongyeon were the ones tasked to do the dishes. With Mina in the center, Jeongyeon and I would like to compress her. This is the moment.

 


"Haven't you had the chance to grab breakfast while you're outside, Minari?", I sprang off blandly.


"Huh? Mina went outside this early morning?", Jeongyeon could be a good actress.


"Yeah. Needed fresh air."

 


The plain response coming from her. Now, how can I get the information about why she was there with Y/N?

 


"Did you meet up with someone?", Jeongyeon, thanks again for getting Mina even if you did not like the thought.


"Y/N.", glad she's honest. "While I was walking around, I accidentally saw Y/N. Not only her, someone was following her. I tried to find a way to save her from the stalker. That's how we got to go together."


"Someone followed her?", Jeongyeon eyed Mina then me, who feels sorry cause I didn't tell Jeongyeon about Y/N's text.


"Yeah. I took her towards the police station."


"So, that's why.", I approved it.


"What?"


"Hmm. Nothing.", I have to silence myself now.


"I do find it weird though", Mina was saddened for a moment. "I asked her out, but she rejected me."


"You what?!", Momo reacted. "So, it's true that you like Y/N?!"


"Why are you there listening?", Mina discontinued doing the chores. "By the way, Nayeon unnie, when were you able to buy your doll's clothes that she was wearing today?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Who was killed by Mina's teaser?! *I surrender*. Mina is my future girl (fight meeeeee😠) jk. 🥰