Chapter 14: The Phone

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"What do you mean?"


"Look at this!", a phone was revealed.


"What about that?"


"I saw that in your treehouse!", how about my doll? "The camera flashed while I am talking with your father! Your father climbed there to look at what just happened! He saw this!"


"Then you might have seen?", I asked smoothly since my mother was panicking on what she discovered.


"The stalker?", my mom became absentminded for a moment. "I'm sorry we did not find the stalker, Nayeon."


"What?", I nudged Jeongyeon's side when she asked my mother.


"Come on, mom. I did not come for this.", taking the phone from my mother's hand, I gave her my eyesmile. "This phone is my extra phone. I might have dropped this when Jeongyeon surprised me in the treehouse."


"Then, who could've flashed that camera?"

 


Jeongyeon, answer for me, please. Help me again. Please, receive my mind signal. Jjirit.

 


"Ahjumma, it was raining at that time. Maybe it was just the flash of the lighting!", a good one, Jeong!


"And the shutter sound?"


"The ripples of the rain that fell onto something you did not notice!", I reasoned out and wished we aren't that bad in lying.

 

"We saw another thing.", here goes the thrill again making my stomach ache in fear. "Your doll."

 

"What is it?", our ears perked to listen very well.


"She's in your room. Why did you even leave her there?"

 


Jeongyeon and I had a staring competition. I will not let an ostrich win this time! Our feet were prepared to take off when mom grabbed both of us and made us sit with foods in front of us.

 


"Why are you rushing? Dinner first!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you think your mom found out about Y/N?", Jeongyeon was looking back and forth as we were walking towards my room.


"I don't think so. She might've mentioned it if she found out about her."


"I really hope so!"

 


The inside of my room was cleaner than what I left it to be. Did mom clean my room? Thank you, then.

 


"Look out!", my whole body was slammed on the floor when Jeongyeon shoved me forcefully.


"What's wrong with you?!"

 


Sorry was visible on her face but she pointed below her and there was the doll on the floor. Did she attempt to flee from my mom?

 


"I was just worried for Y/N!", she took her by the arms. "Why aren't you even watching your way?"


"What the-"


"And why would your mom even place her on the floor?!", she seemed so annoyed.


"I bet my mom didn't!", argument again.


"Then, how can you explain that?!"


"She might've transformed, Jeongyeon!"

 


We stopped arguing for a moment when she took care of my doll. My trash can is full. If mom cleaned here, she should've emptied this. Aish. Y/N, did you? The gift wrapper, red tag, and envelope were there.

 


"Speaking of, here are all that we needed for us to start.", I gave everything to Jeongyeon.


"Eww! Trash!", Jeongyeon hesitated to accept what I offered. "Put it back there, Nayeon! Clean your hands after!"


"How strict of you when it comes to hygiene.", I pouted. "Blame that doll why I needed to retrieve this from the trash bin! I placed this anywhere but she threw this!"


"Good doll!", Jeongyeon patted Y/N's hair


"How is she good?", a screeching sound torched my larynx. "Okay. You were looking for what I had when Y/N was brought here! These are all things! Stop being keen enough! There aren't dirt here!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Now, did you find anything that is relevant?", I was waiting for her.


"Nothing.", Jeongyeon scowled. "Ahh. This is frustrating. Why don't you know where you came from?!"

 


Jeongyeon was talking to the unresponsive doll. There's nothing to do than to wait until midnight for us to talk to the one who needs our help.

 


"I'm gonna take a bubble bath.", why stress out?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

 


Jeongyeon went outside when Jihyo called, curious about what's happening. Another lie again.

 


"Could you explain what just happened?", Jihyo was too anxious to hear why the birthday girl disappeared from the event.


"Geez. Ji, calm down. She doesn't have anything against you. Her mom called her because of an emergency."


"And what kind of emergency is that right now?"


"It's just her mom was thinking that there was a stalker that entered their premises."


"Jinjja?!", Jihyo believed that. "Do we have to tell our managers now about that? Is it him again (you know who I'm referring to)?"


"Ahh. No.", Jeongyeon scratched her nape. "They taught someone left the phone outside. It was just Nayeon's extra phone that she dropped."

 


There was a movement of the door. The child was grinning as he peeked through the slightly opened door. He jumped on Nayeon's bed immediately.

 

 


"I thought Nayeon noona is here.", he threw some things that are irritating him while he was jumping. "Ouch!"

 


His ankle folded when he stepped on something hard. If he was a bit mature in age already, he could've cursed in pain.

 


"What's in here?!", unfolding the comforter, he saw the porcelain doll. "Creepy! Isn't Nayeon noona creeped out with this thing?!"

 


His thoughts of concern for the older lady made him think to do something that is unacceptable. To throw the porcelain doll outside.

 


"Ugly!"


"Yah! What do you think you are doing?!", he struggled when a forceful person stopped his intentions by grabbing the doll who was on top of his head.


"Who are you?!", he fell down because of the strength of this unknown woman.


"I should be the one to ask you that! Why are you going to throw something that you don't own?!"


"This doll is creepy! Nayeon noona might be creeped out!", he finally turned around to see the face of the latter. "Oh. You are Nayeon noona's groupmate."


"Ahuh.", Jeongyeon bobbed her head.


"You are the ugliest Twice member! You only became famous because of your groupmates' fame!"

 


The little boy bickered making Jeongyeon a bit shock on how a little boy could throw hateful comments at that age.

 


"You brat!", Jeongyeon seized him by the arm. "Don't your parents thought you a lesson? I will-"


"Yah! Jeongyeon! Why are you hurting a kid?", Nayeon was in her bathrobe as she went out to know what's the uproar outside.


"Nayeon, I might have been offended but if you want something that could ruin your mood, I'll tell you what he did then.", tighter grasp on his arm made his eyes watery. "This spoiled brat almost threw your doll outside! If I wasn't in time, he could've crushed your doll!"


"I only did that because that doll is creepy! I don't want you to get scared!"


"You brat!", Nayeon grasped his cheeks making his lips pout. "You are not cute!"

 


Nayeon grabbed the kid from Jeongyeon's grasp. Jeongyeon was taken aback but is happy inside that Nayeon did that. Nayeon and Jeongyeon are both amazing.

 


"You go out!", Nayeon shoved him away.


"I hate you, noona!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Were you worried much that he could've done something bad to Y/N?", Nayeon tried to talk to a distracted Jeongyeon who wasn't listening to her. "Yah! Jeongyeon!"


"H-huh?", her eyes flickered.


"I was talking to you!"


"Ahh. Don't mind me, unnie.", she laid with her heavy thoughts. "I'm tired. I think I need a rest now."

 


Nayeon was confused about why Jeongyeon wasn't acting her usual self. Why Jeongyeon was so distracted? Why Jeongyeon felt down? She must've got scared the moment they almost lost Y/N.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


3 minutes until midnight comes again. Nayeon was still wide awake as she really wanted to talk to her doll.

 


"Yah! You've done something really bad!", Nayeon exploded the moment the doll transformed. "You almost exposed everything! Why aren't you careful?!"


"Yah! Nayeon! She just woke up and you dare bombard her with questions!", Jeongyeon woke up after hearing Nayeon's voice. "I said I'm tired! Aish! I will have to go outside!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


The sudden change of the wind left the two of us standing alone with each other. Is my owner mad at me? What had I done this time?

 


"Explode the bomb.", I can manage.


"First of all, you took a picture of my mom and dad talking outside!", Nayeon was overreacting. "They almost had you!"


"I did not know that when you touch that center it would take a photo."


"Gosh. I didn't know that someone is more stupid than me.", Nayeon whispered that to herself but I could hear her. "And why is it that you are on the floor near the door as a doll?"


"You weren't anywhere around me so I thought that you already brought me somewhere and you were just waiting outside for me."


"Ahh!!!!", I swear she went absurd. "I'm glad you transformed into a doll before you were able to go outside!"


"Wae?"


"This is my room. This is our family's house. My dad, mom, and little brother are living here."


"I thought you are taking me somewhere."


"Well that.", she became modest just now. "Something unexpected happened. I did not need to explain."


"Why do you force the explanations to come out from my mouth but you cannot even explain when I asked you only one question?"

 

 


I left her alone and searched for Jeongyeon instead. There she is. On top of the tree. Outside the treehouse. She was looking at the blank space above. No moon, no stars. I climbed up to talk to her instead.

 


"Ahh. Y/N.", did she just wipe her tears?


"Does it feel emptier inside because the outside is empty?", I pointed to the skies and then to her chest.


"Huh?"


"Just cry. It may be empty over there but your tears look like meteors. Aren't we all hoping for the best every time we cry? Cry then. Wish over your meteor-like tears."

 


Her eyes looked at me in a different way. Emptying her eyes to make a lot of wish. May her wishes be granted.

 


"Y/N."