Chapter 31: The Discovery

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


I woke up on not a lighted room. Instead, I was in a more shaded area with only the streetlight supporting me to see clearly. Wait, I just transformed. Why is the person in front of me, the one who doesn't know me?

 


"Kya!", Jihyo fell on her seat that made everyone alert from their deep sleep.


"What's happening?", Dahyun stood up and prepared herself for fighting.


"Kya!", Jihyo was pointing on me. "Neo!"

 


Nayeon was biting her lip. Jeongyeon was gasping profoundly. Mina had a concerned look in her face. Momo was still sleeping so well.

 


"I knew that clothes.", Chaeyoung checked up on me and took her phone to check on a photo she took when Sana was clinging on Mina, which she zoomed in Momo's area to confirm what she is witnessing right now. "Don't tell me."

 


The discovery that made everyone focus their eyes on me. Those faces that were glowing with glee every time they call me adorable were never fully found anymore.

 


"You are real, Y/N?", Jihyo swallowed the huge lump on . "After all, I only thought that Nayeon named the doll after you. The Y/N who is a doll is actually a human. No, tell me I'm just drunk. This is the alcohol's fault."


"But it's true, Jihyo.", I refused to look straight at her. "I'm telling this so that Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Mina would stop filling lies from their mouths anymore. I hate lies."

 


Will the discovery of this harsh truth change their treatment on me? I don't know what's going to happen to me, but I don't want to hide on people who I am together with. Enough of secrets.

 


"How could this be?", Jihyo patted her face. "Are you seeing what I'm seeing right now?"

 


Everyone nodded and was still scared at me although I'm not gonna hurt them. This is the kind of lump that is very hard to swallow.

 


"Y/N, go down and sleep.", Nayeon motioned me to calm down. "I'll take care of this."


"But it is my issue."


"Let me handle this.", she looked at the mess everywhere. "It's not good for you to stay here. Mina, accompany her please. You can also take the sleeping Momo with you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"I can't believe it.", enough of alcohol because we should talk about this seriously. "What are we going to do now?"


"I'm glad I've let it all out.", I beamed at Jihyo. "It's been a long time since we've been hiding this secret. It's easier now that all of you knew about this. It doesn't need to be told in the whole world. All I needed was for all of you to understand the situation."


"We are trying to find out where she came from.", Jeongyeon added. "That is why we are always going out. Just this mission is very difficult."


"I see, problems are staying up high.", Jihyo was drinking again. "All those issues were connected to her. No wonder Jeongyeon saved her in an instant, those car accidents of Nayeon unnie, the stalker, and now, the location where she belongs. I don't blame her. No one should. She's innocent. Though Im actually disappointed why you never trusted us in the first place. We could've lessened the burden from the start."


"Wasn't she working every midnight on that small restaurant?", Tzuyu was reminded. "It's midnight right now. Shouldn't she work?"


"She couldn't.", I was saddened to hear that. "I'll just bring her back there tomorrow for her safety and now that you understand why we always excuse ourselves during midnights."


"That's no problem."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Am I a problem?", I was worried about what they are talking about.


"Shh. Don't try to bring that up.", Mina hushed me as she gently placed Momo on her bed. "Jihyo is not that bad. She might be strict but she is the most understanding person I've ever known."

 


Remembering the short time that I spent with Jihyo made me think positively. I hope she would still see me as the same person.

 


"How did it go?", Mina asked Nayeon who just opened the door.


"Did she get mad at you because of me?", I looked down but was still hopeful.


"She is-"


"Y/N, come with me.", Jihyo excused herself.


"Nae."

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were alone right now and my knees were feeling giddy. Is she going to kick me out from here? She looked at me first and that worsened my state.

 


"Look at me.", she took my hand. "I know you are probably tired right now so I'll have to make this short."


"Hmm."


"I don't hate you.", she smiled at me. "Actually, you are even better in person cause you are very modest compared to the members I'm handling here. You are not a problem. I don't loathe you. Please, do not ever think that way. I will always cherish you just the way you are. I'm sorry for my reaction. As long as you are under this roof, I am the leader. The leader who will also protect you."


"Thank you."


"You better sleep now.", Jihyo gave me a comforting kiss on my forehead. "Let's go out just the two of us again tomorrow."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"Y/N and I will be hanging out tonight. I need to talk to her as a leader.", that was Jihyo's first words this morning.


"Are you deaf?", I placed my chopsticks down. "I said that I'll be going with her to bring her to her workplace."


"Maybe I was groovy that time that my mind did not get it.", Jihyo nodded but gave me her flaming eyes after. "Who are you calling deaf? Isn't it too early for her to work? Give her rest."


"I bet you, she would want to go to her workplace after a long time."


"Mind you, she said yes to me last night."


"She's scared of you that's why she said yes!"


"I'm the leader! Follow me!"


"I'm her owner! I have the right!"

 


Our heads were bumping with each other as we were facing while at breakfast. Everyone doesn't want to go in between because of the strong tension.

 


"Fine, let's have an agreement."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


No one was around the room this time. I took this time for me to prepare and did myself before she comes.

 


"Oh. Nayeon?", I looked at the latter who opened the door.


"You ready?"


"Uhm. Yes?", I looked at myself again in the mirror.


"Let's go then."


"Huh?", I was taken aback. "Where are we going? Jihyo asked me out."


"Don't bother about that.", she used her lips in disbelief. "Would you rather go with her or would you like to see your workmates and grandma?"

 


Sudden excitement and nervousness built up inside of me. What would grandma react that I wasn't present for how many days? I bet I'll receive some whipping and they will fire me for it.

 


"But what about Jihyo?", both choices made my feet stuck in the ground.


"Don't be scared of her. I'm here."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Y/N?", Erika, Nicole, and Abegail were surprised to finally see me. "Yah! Where have you been all this time?! Grandma was very worried about you."

 


A pint of oppression was displayed by my face. The shop continued to have a lot of customers. There was also construction for an extension. I was happy a lot so I smiled at Nayeon.

 


"Y/N's already here?", grandma popped out while she was clutching her chest. "Aigoo! Where have you been, you kid?"


"I'm sorry everyone.", I bowed and let my head hit on the floor. "I'm very sorry."


"Aish! Just tell me what's going on."

 


With a little bit of time, I told them everything that has happened and even my hidden secret. That shocked them but I still trust them. Trust isn't hard when you know how sincere a person is.

 


"That's fine.", grandma tuned in. "I believe in extraordinary. You cannot deny that."


"What?!", Erika, Nicole, and Abby looked at their grandmother.


"The three of you, keep your mouth shut. A lot of people don't take this lightly and does condemn this.", grandma hushed them. "Even love is considered extraordinary."


"Grandma!"


"So, what's your plan now?"


"I want her to retire.", Nayeon manifestly said and bowed in front. "It is not safe for her to go outside nowadays. We are going to ensure her safety first before going back."


"Nayeon!"

 


I was pretty disappointed that she said it in front of the people I trusted the most. In front of a frail old woman. Words hurt the most. I had grown attached.

 


"Y/N, silence.", grandma thoughtfully asked. "Is that so?"


"I'm really sorry."


"You don't have to say that. Wait here for a moment.", grandma went somewhere then she came back with an envelope. "Here is your salary for being with us even though it was hard for you, Y/N."


"Ahh! Grandma! There's no need!", I refused to accept it.


"It's rude to refuse from an old woman, lady.", grandma placed it in the palm of my hand then she closed my knuckle. "Now, buy that teddy bear."


"Grandma, thank you. I'm sorry."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I heard the news from Nayeon.", they had an agreement to being me to Jihyo after. "That's what I needed every time I'm very sad."


"What's this?"


"Alcohol."

 


With what she said, although I'm a bit confused why would she give me this, I poured the fluid on my hands.

 


"This is a different kind."


"What the heck did you just do, Y/N?!", Jihyo scolded me. "That's a drink for adults!"


"Why would you drink alcohol?"

 


Jihyo was so tired of explaining it to me so she just drank it in one gulp. She was anticipating me to do it also which I did.

 


"Blah!", she laughed when I threw up. "Beer!"


"Relax. There's nothing wrong in trying that.", she laughed again. "You'll get used to it. Wait here for a moment. Is someone following us or am I drunk again?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

I CAN'T STOP MYSELF FROM FANGIRLING OVER THEM! WHO ELSE CAN'T BE STOPPED?! (┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻
Btw, I released this chapter as a gift for Twice's hardwork and for you guys, to work harder in streaming! (^3^♪