Chapter 37: The Unbelievable

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"Look, I'm sorry, Ms.", Jihyo cleared as she presented herself in front of the woman. "There was a heavy rainfall before the sun could set. Our car is on the roadside, unable to proceed. We searched for some place to keep us heated for tonight and ended up being here. I'm sorry if we just came inside without any permission."

 

 

The woman raised her eyebrow. That strict face that could make anyone melt. This kind of horror but when she glanced at me once again, the incredible response from that tough character was affirmed.

 


"You could stay for the night.", she walked towards her room and unlocked it with her key, but did not open the door yet. "Stay away from my room and don't even bother to look what's inside. Am I clear?"


"Crystal.", we all responded clearly, as she immediately went inside her room with only a tiny bit opening of the door.


"Aish. Isn't she even going to feed us?", Momo's stomach loudly growled. "Where's her generosity?"


"You bet.", Jeongyeon lamented.


"What about Y/N?", Nayeon whispered to them. "She saw Y/N! What if tomorrow morning when we wake up, she would realize that Y/N isn't somewhere here?!"


"She looks like the person who doesn't even care about us.", Jihyo assured me. "Don't worry. We'll leave early in the morning and reason out that Y/N went to where our car-"

 


That room opened again, as she came out with some beddings that are not enough for us. What would you expect from her? She did not even expect for us.

 


"Here you go.", she placed them on the floor. "Have your backs be comfortable."

 


The biggest bedding was laid in front of me so I looked up to her with no expression. I have the most presentable bedding.

 


"You look like the youngest among them all. You shall have this.", she turned to raise a brow again to my friends. "Do not disturb her."

 

 

Leaving my friends trembling, I laughed at them, making them glare at me. Ahh. This feels smooth.

 


"Can I sleep here with you, Y/N?", Momo crept towards my place.


"Ahuh!", I pushed her head away to . "Haven't you heard the woman?"


"Yah!"


"Serving her like a queen.", Mina blurted out. "Come to think of it, she is considerably tender with Y/N. Considering this place that's near the cliff you come alive, could it be you have the aura of a queen, Y/N?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It was pouring rain early in the morning so I did not turn back on my usual self. The members are also sleeping well.

 


"The sun isn't bright enough for you to wake up.", the woman greeted me. "You should've taken the time to ease yourself."


"I don't feel any heaviness."


"That's unlikely for a person to feel.", the teaspoon was ringing as it turns around the glass stirring. "Would you like a cup of tea?"


"I'm fond of coffee."


"That's for old."


"Somewhere in this world, people have evolved into a newer version of being oldies.", that gave me the time to look at the sleeping ones. "I felt like we were disrespecting you enough, Madame. I should probably knock some sense out of them."

 


No words were left by her. She just walked away passing by the dormant bodies on the floor. Her feet slowed down when she's on Nayeon's side. That feeling of uneasiness.

 


"Heya!", I pushed all of them together.


"Why are you being loud?!", Jihyo knocked me off and realized that it was me. "Y/N?"


"Who did that?!", Jeongyeon came out of her blanket.


"Actually, I've been awake this whole time.", Mina fixed everything. "I was even listening to your conversation with that woman, Y/N. Offering you a tea, huh?"


"So, it's raining?", Nayeon looked at the window. "That's a relief. Y/N did not turn into-"


"They were talking?", Jihyo asked Mina.


"Yes, they were. That woman was even comfortable talking with Y/N. They talk like they were from a different world. Not modernized. Never thought I'd hear Y/N talking that way."


"Does it sound bad?", I asked Mina.


"Not much."


"You were right about it then, Mina.", Momo pulled her back. "That woman is fond of Y/N."


"Does it concern you?"


"Not at all but.", Momo paused and smirked at me making Nayeon and Jeongyeon glare at her. "Aren't you thinking what I'm thinking? Come on, guys!"


"Do not ever think something wicked!", Nayeon rushed towards Momo. "Do not mention bad things once again!"


"Yah! I am not! That's not what I meant!", Momo was pushed on the floor. "Y/N, please beg that woman for food!"


"Ahuh.", my pride was going up at the moment. "Why would I get something that isn't for me?"

 


Every person's eyes were saying that they cannot think well because of hunger. Any moment from now, they would rather eat me and I wouldn't like that to happen. I marshaled up the courage and knocked on the woman's room. It opened a little with her eyes peeping outside.

 


"May I serve you?"


"Serve me foods. I eat a lot."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You did not even have to say please!", Jihyo was awed when the woman went out of her house. "She's more than thrilled to serve you! What have you done to deserve this? Are you a goddess?"


"Geez. Far from that."

 


I was trying to calm them down from what they witnessed. The tracks were echoing on the floor. Nayeon was already in front of the door.

 


"Don't you know how to respect privacy, Im Nayeon?", Jeongyeon took Nayeon's hand away from the doorknob.


"Leave me be. Aren't you curious why she's hiding her room so much? Even a bit wasn't shown. There's something I cannot explain."


"She is serving Y/N. At least, we have that.", Mina warned her. "Let's not be mislaid."


"Say, we could ask for her help to go down the cliff!", Jeongyeon had a sudden rush of ideas. "We could take some of the tires here for us to be able to go down there."


"How about the car?", Momo insisted. "What should be our priority?"


"Choice is yours.", Mina eyed on Jihyo.


"We shouldn't trust that woman easily.", Nayeon stopped them. "She wasn't even that warm and welcoming. We could be misguided."


"Do you sense something from her, Nayeon?", Jihyo knows her members well. "Is it that bad?"


"Just no."

 


The woman opened the door with a bang. That was so fast. How could she probably get those foods in a rush? I am now unimpressed with the Twice members' ability in hunting.

 


"The youngest one's request was served in front. Come and gather."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Thank you so much for taking care of us in just a short time, ahjumma.", Jihyo made us all bow down in respect. "I swear, we'll repay you someday."


"The debt was paid.", there's no smile on her face. "Along the way, do not ever leave the one that was made indifferently. There's a miracle and there's a curse."

 


Each one of us was staring foolishly to each other. It doesn't feel distinct. The unbelievable words that a woman could express. It doesn't seem unusual. Grabbing something on the side of the door, the woman handed me something. A long black umbrella. It was served directly on my hands making me grasp it with care.

 


"After the rain will fall.", her eyes became soft as I looked inside of those eyes. "May you find yourself."

 


Stepping back from me, her eyes shifted as it turned to a sour look when she looked at the person holding me. When she looked at Nayeon, I covered the view.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That was tense!", Momo was walking tiredly as we are only a few inches away from our car. "Now, what are we about to do with this?"

 


Momo's foot kicked the wheels. No one was in the right mood, as we are a bit soaked from the little rain.

 


"Would you look at that?", Mina went to get a rope that was uncovered by the wet soil that was flushed away. "We could've gone down there if we just dug on this soil. Plans?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since we only have one rope we are going down individually. Only Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and I are going below, the rest are gonna stay on the road to fetch us if ever we are ready to go up.

 


"I'll head in first.", Nayeon positioned herself on the rope that Jihyo was holding tightly. "We don't know what's in there. I'm the oldest. I cannot risk Y/N."

 


That swift murmur of hers made my heart have a soft murmur inside. The unbelievable fluttering heart of mine.

 


"Well, go.", Jihyo, Momo, and Mina were holding the rope tightly until Nayeon was already down below.


"All clear!"

 


We are glad that she has a loud voice that could echo all the way above. There was a sudden sense of fright when I was holding the rope. I should go down. What's hindering me?

 


"Y/N, you there?", Jeongyeon waved her right hand, as she was holding me with her left hand, not ready to let go of me easily. "Are you feeling uncertain? You could tell us so that we won't pressure."


"I'm fine. I'll be there at the end."

 


Nodding their heads, I slowly climbed down. To watch this 15-meter cliff made my feet weak. No, keep on moving. Although I had the spirit, nature itself wasn't at any help.

 


"Bring her up!"

 


Jeongyeon was screaming and did even help in pulling. No. What's happening? The heavy rain made the soil softer and the rocks, slippery. My feet slid off, and the last thing I could recall was that, I could feel a mighty wind cause I am falling. I know that I am falling towards the end.

 


"Y/N, don't worry! I will catch you!"

 


I trust you, Nayeon. Just in time when I whispered it to myself that I trust you, the unbelievable scene was playing inside my mind. I could see Nayeon's younger self. A lot of scenarios. What are these?

 


"Y/N!"

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Y/N is falling towards the end! The story too? 🤭🤔