Chapter 41: The Competition

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


What's with the first snow that she was talking about? Suddenly, a snowdrop landed on the tip of my nose making me cross-eyed as I straightly watched it. It wasn't melting.

 


"Cute.", Nayeon let go of me as she took her phone then the camera shutter clicked. "A memory to keep."

 


A memory that she wants to keep. I'm just a memory for her. I will be a memory for her. I will melt like the snow. I am the snow. The snowdrop on my nose melted when the heat was able to melt it away. A warm lips on my nose. It made me more frozen to feel it.

 


"Do you somehow feel warmer now?", you know I wasn't able to answer you right away, Im Nayeon. "Still frozen?"

 


She was right when I was still frozen on my spot. The competition of the hot and cold when it's her lips this time on my steady lips.

 

 


"Ah?!", it was her who went back on senses first. "What have I done? Y/N! It's not like that! It's- you aren't talking! Why aren't you talking in the first place?! I'm worried you were having a brain freeze! Please, talk!"

 


Nayeon's hands were swaying and shaking as she was talking nervously. She knew what she's doing, but why blame me? Although it's a bit darker, I could see the flushing of her skin. She didn't have to hide it with her scarf. I loved the way she looked like at this moment. I simply can't.

 


"Wasn't kissing meant when you dearly like someone?", I finally talked, but it made her more uncomfortable. "I thought you wanted the words to come out of my mouth?"


"No! You can kiss whoever you felt like kissing!", her hands were holding each other as she turned to look at her side. "In this new generation, you could kiss your friends! No malice!"


"Ahh. That was a friendly kiss that you gave me then.", I nodded, as my feet started moving before the coldness could totally freeze my muscles. "Seeing how clingy you are to the other members, there's no doubt you have the same intention to me. How about we go inside now, your majesty?"


"It's not the case-"


"Next time, don't do it to me. Kiss on the lips should be taken seriously. Only lovers who have commitment should do that kind of stuff.", I pouted.


"I said, it's not the case!", I was a bit farther away from her when she yelled. "It's not the same!"


"Huh?"

 


Walking furiously towards me, she grabbed my waist and attached her lips once again. Yeah. This is a friendly kiss that she is giving. Why is she moving her lips though and not just a peck? I pushed her away in shock.

 


"Can you still tell if that was a friendly kiss?!", she's growing more impatient. "I know this time you can differentiate it."

 


The competition inside my heart whether it's going to pump the systole or diastole. This is dysrhythmia.

 

 

"It's not.", hope I cam control like this. "Cause I am not your friend. I am your doll."


"Seriously? You still think that way?", she was going to prove it for the third time, but I moved backward. "Y/N, it's a different kind of love."


"Does love could only be taken by a kiss?"


"I-"


"I cannot accept that kind of love."

 


I know I had to do it. I didn't mean it, but I somehow mean it. I know I love her like that. Love isn't in favor of us though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

 


"You happy with what you are seeing, Jeongyeon unnie?", Mina had another cup of coffee. "That was hot."


"Did she just reject Im Nayeon?", Jeongyeon was gripping on the curtains, as she watched how Nayeon kissed Y/N not only once, but twice! "She left Nayeon standing like that, she could've rejected her then."


"Too bad. We cannot hear their conversation.", Mina would've liked the story. "By the looks of it, Y/N somehow turned Nayeon unnie down. I feel bad now."

 


Mina closed the curtains making Jeongyeon glare at her. Jeongyeon opened the windows again, but Mina insisted to close it.

 


"You enjoyed the show already and it's done!", Mina blocked her sight. "Curtain's finally closing!"


"Yah! What if Y/N comes back to surprise her with a kiss?!"


"I'm certain that Y/N isn't like you to prank like that."


"You have no jams!"


"And so is she."

 


The curtain wasn't moving until both of them gave up on pushing and pulling. The competition halted and Y/N didn't go back to Nayeon.

 


"Maybe she went directly to my room. I have to go now.", Mina excused herself. "And please, both of you, don't pressure Y/N. Accept whatever she wanted in her life. We cannot be sure of how long she's gonna stay in our world. That girl is fragile. More fragile than I am."

 


Mina left Jeongyeon alone as thoughts were creeping inside her head. Jeongyeon looked at Momo who was sleeping freely. She, too, should go back as to not cause more trouble.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


I guess the first snow was very effective in making me walk like this. Like I have stick hands and a carrot nose for me to move and breathe like this. I was a snowman that deserves to be laughed about because of what happened. My head bumped on the chest of someone who could easily laugh at my situation but she isn't showing it.

 


"It wasn't foggy outside. You had seen it.", why am I mad? "You have a chance now. Grab the chance."

 


Heaving the biggest sigh that made a smoke towards Jeongyeon, I looked away from her. Since when did we grow serious like this when it comes to love?

 


"I intend to.", she crushed my heart just like that. "Contemplating what Mina said to me awhile ago made me think that it's not going to be fast."


"Well, I wasn't able to hear Mina out."


"It wouldn't be easy for Y/N if she'll be sandwiched by the two of us.", she offered her right hand to me. "Therefore, let's end the competition we were always doing. Let's have a fair fight. Let's accept whoever Y/N accepts without being awkward about it. Hear?"

 


It was nice to be comforted in this way. I felt like I wasn't done already. We just have to smoothen things up. Raising my right hand, I shook Jeongyeon's hand in agreement.

 


"For now, we better go back before both of us would be beaten by Mother Jihyo."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Both of you wake up!", I could feel someone kicking me. "Why are the two of you sleeping on the floor?! Outside was filled with white! How could you sleep on a cold floor?!"


"They are sleeping on the floor?!", mom opened the door. "Aigoo!"


"No need to worry. We are perfectly fine."

 


Jeongyeon and I started rising slowly and everyone was observing how my foot is doing. Come on, I'm independent.

 


"Move your butts! Breakfast is ready!"


"Why does the two of you look so tired?", Jihyo was observing us. "Did you do something I didn't know?"


"Nope!", I tried to push her away. "We gotta move fast then get back to where we belong!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"You all set now?", I asked Jeongyeon who just entered my room.


"Yeah. I guess so."


"I'm sorry. I had to dress her. The cold's a bit unbearable."

 


Imagine? You are the one dressing up the one you love just to give her away to the one who also loves her. This cold is what I meant by unbearable.

 


"She's ready."

 


I dressed her perfectly. She was wearing a red coat that is quite fashionable. Before she turns, I'm going to give her everything she hasn't seen. Then, there, she turned into a beautiful maiden.

 


"H-hey.", Jeongyeon was struggling with her words.


"Huh? Why am I dressed like this?"

 


I held her hand, but she took it away. Things did get awkward. Maybe I am the only one who feels it did, but I think it really did. Jeongyeon offered her a hand, although she's right in front of me. I would like to snap that hand, but the competition is over. Tell me you won't take her hand, Y/N.

 


"Umm. I'm taking you out."

 


Y/N looked at me first, but she then avoided my gaze, so I looked away to lessen her worries. When I turned around, I lost her. She took the hand of another person.

 


"You can go anywhere wherever you want."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE:

Author-nim here again! I'm sorry I'm a bit late cause I am searching for things that I could donate. (Even Misa retweeted it. ❤️ Thank you, Misa.). I hope you guys will donate too! If you can't because of some reasons, you could also watch this "video for a cause". Thank you. Video link below.



Here is the link: 

https://youtu.be/UrnCMpMzLuc