Chapter 40: The Snow

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"I don't even know why I'm still here!", I whined as I was sleeping in between my two friends.


"Yeah.", Jihyo was covering her whole body with the blanket. "I don't even know why we were dragged all the way here."


"Asian mothers.", Jeongyeon got off my bed, and headed somewhere.


"I can't sleep. I guess I should walk outside."


"Yeah. I have to sleep though.", the last answer of Jihyo. "Good night."

 


Feeling upset that I'm far away from her, made me leave my bed like that. I felt wasted that I wander outside while everyone's asleep. White snowblades started falling down one by one and I tried catching them. Even the snow cannot dictate me to go back to my room.

 


"So, it's really over?", Jeongyeon found me, although she was the first to went outside. "Is it really over?"

 


Hearing the tone of her voice makes it obvious what she meant by that. Her hair was filled with snow. Both of us might catch a cold but we didn't even care.

 


"I guess it's over.", I held both of my shoulders. "The rainy season is over."


"We have a lesser time to see her now then."


"What's in it for you?"

 


We could feel the snow was getting blizzard when the wind complimented the snow. We couldn't see each other well at this time. We need to ignite things up.

 


"What you felt with her, I felt it too."


"You know she can't be yours."


"Just because you are the owner, doesn't mean that she can't be mine.", Jeongyeon's breath made a cloud of smoke on the air. "You might own her when she's a doll figure. If she's a human being, it sounds ill-bred for you to own her like that."

 


Jeongyeon's words were sharp and triggering that I think the snow came pouring down because of the flames surrounding our atmosphere.

 

 

"We'll never know, Jeongyeon. We'll never know."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Remind me why we're here.", Mina was glaring at Momo who placed the kettle on the table.


"Oh! You're already here!", one by one, everyone entered her room.


"You made us wake up for?", Chaeyoung tried to keep herself awake.


"See outside!"

 


"Wow! It's snowing! I just realized it now!", Sana ran over Momo's window.


"Coffee?", Momo poured to each of us.


"I just noticed it now.", I whispered to Mina after I sipped the coffee. "But where is Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo?"


"That. Nayeon's mom called her over. I bet she wants to take care of Nayeon after that incident."


"This is all my fault.", I talked for a while, before drinking again. "If it wasn't because of me, still, it's a good thing for her that her mother is right there to take care of her."


"I thought they were coming home after. And hey! Don't ever blame yourself. Nature's grudge is always unpredictable."

 


I nodded and looked at the members who were having fun warming themselves as they consume their night with a coffee.

 


"The snow's here.", Mina had a gloomy mood now. "This made me a bit sad."


"What's making you sad? Are you reminded of something with the snow?"


"No.", Mina turned to look at me. "It's actually about you."


"Me?"


"Rain's not gonna come again. It might take months until the rain will come again for you to come again too.", Mina smiled at me. "I'm still disturbed by the fact that Momo interrupted our talk awhile ago. You weren't able to talk to me about it. With this coffee, warm up on me."


"It's-"


"Y/N! Wanna play a game on the snow?!", Sana surprised me with a hug.


"Ahh! Why me?"


"Look, Sana-san, we are actually talking-"


"Words could be let out anytime, memories can't.", Sana didn't let Mina finish her statement as she grabbed me outside. "Guys! Follow!"


"We'll be there!"

 


Everyone got up and started running outside enjoying the snowdrops. I looked back at Mina who was being hopeless as she was interrupted again.

 


"Why you? Cause you probably haven't experienced playing on the snow.", Sana grabbed a handful of the ice, and splattered it on my face. "There you go!"


"Yah! Sana! You would make her sick!", Tzuyu grabbed her away from me.


"C-cold.", my hands leaped on my shoulders, as I barely managed the coldness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's going on here?!", my eyes were getting drowsy that I was unable to see her. "Y/N!"


"Hypothermia.", Mina was facing me, and I saw her hand knitting something.


"What happened?"


"I thought you are going to take care of her, Mina?", Nayeon was so disappointed. "How could this happen then?"


"I did not mean it.", Mina pouted. "Who would know that she wouldn't bear that kind of cold?"


"Even though!"


"Jihyo messaged me that your mom forced the three of you to stay there. What are you doing here then? Why were you even running by the time you arrived?"

 


Mina continued knitting. Her hands were handling the needle well. The form of what she's knitting looks like a bonnet. How could she do it fast?

 


"Oh, that.", Nayeon shyly mumbled. "Yah! Why does it seem like I am under you?!"


"Will you shut up, Im Nayeon?!", Jeongyeon handled her. "Y/N is trying to sleep here."


"No! It's alright! I'm fine. Wasn't used in that kind of cold.", I got up. "I was just surprised."


"I should call Jihyo to tell her that the two of you are here while she's there left alone. It wasn't even her house.", Mina is trying to dial someone on her phone.


"Mina, no!", Nayeon and Jeongyeon struggled to grab the phone of Mina.


"This means, you ran away from your home.", Mina hid her phone. "Am I right?"


"You weren't wrong with that.", Nayeon bowed and looked at Jeongyeon with a bold look.


"Escaping at midnight. Tssk. If you don't want to be caught by your own mother, stop lecturing me."


"Heard her, Im Nayeon?"


"Why would you do that when you are just taken good care by your mother?", I pulled myself up. "You weren't always with your family. You should give them time. There's no such thing as more important than your family. What a disgrace."


"Yah! How could you call your owner like that when the reason your owner sacrificed herself to escape was just because of you?"

 


I wasn't able to hear Nayeon's reasons because a snowball splashed on the window. I got up and watched the members playing along. The snow looks good on a dark night with the lights. They even placed some colorful disco lights outside to make it more aesthetic.

 


"That's it! That's my cue to go!", I raised from the bed and ran outside.


"And where are you going?!", Nayeon called out.


"Sana said it would be fun to play with the snow! I wouldn't want to disappoint her! Don't worry, guys! I'm already well!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"So, both of you are racing home to declare the winner for Y/N's heart.", Mina spun her seat.


"Yah! How do always know what's going on?!", Jeongyeon grabbed her from the seat.


"You were pushing and pulling each other on the doorway. That's very obvious!"


"We are?!"


"With that kind of reaction, I bet I'm right once again. Aigoo. What an immature thing to do? Competing in that kind of manner."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Huh? They're already done being kids?", I looked out to see no one playing outside. "Everyone's sleeping now."

 


Setting the coffee I made with Momo's kettle, I slowly escaped from Jeongyeon and Mina's talk. Here, outside, I could see the girl I would always dare to do anything as long as I'll see her. With every step I took, the ice on the ground was formed as I got nearer to her. Her eyes were fixated on top of the skies where you can't see anything that was dotted over there. Looking at the sky, then looking back at her, my hands made its way to give her a back hug.

 


"Huh?", she gradually bent to look at the person who engulfed her in a hug. "What are you doing here? Isn't it too cold?"


"Yes, it is. That's why I gave you a warm hug."


"O-okay.", I swear, I saw her blush. "You should've been in your own home, right?"


"Why are you going back to that topic?"


"U-uhh.", she was dumbfounded enough. "I don't even know."


"I know when the skies will turn into a different season, Y/N."

 


I pulled her hand to make her face me. From top to bottom, she wasn't that dressed appropriately for this cold season. I rubbed and breathed on my hands then placed it on her cold face to avoid freezing her tongue. It was red. Not just pink. She was red.

 


"I came here.", I looked deeply into her eyes. "For the first snow."

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello there, author-nim here. I would like to share to my readers that my country is not in a good situation now and I couldn't just ignore the happenings. The typhoon had caused a lot of damage to my fellow country men. I don't ask for much and I don't even make paid stories cause I want my readers to enjoy, but just for this once, I hope my fellow Filipinos who are currently suffering would be helped. For those who have a kind heart, may I ask for your prayers in behalf of those victims. I am not forcing nor is the organization a scam. I, author-nim of this story, would like to use this platform and whatever it takes to be of help to my brothers and sisters. Thank you. Keep safe and take care always! 🤗💌