Chapter 25: The Pain

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"You wouldn't mind if I take her along with me, right?", it was Jihyo.


"Ahh. Not at all.", Erika smiled and gave me up to her making me look at her.


"Follow me?"

 


She extended a hand to me so I followed her without taking her hand. I'm frightened I might hurt the bruise on her hand.

 


"You might think there's no reason for me to talk to you.", she took me on a table in the shop where I'm working. "I don't have to take you far away from me cause that would cause a nuisance to you."

 


I think she's been managing her members a lot that it made her socialize with people very well. Perks of being a leader.

 


"I'm gonna order-"


"No. I have to serve or else my workmates will be offended if I let them serve me.", I went to process her order. "I'll come back."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"Are we gonna visit Y/N today?", Momo asked with excitement.


"I don't think it's a good idea for us to go to her.", I sighed. "Fans might follow us there again. Also, Jeongyeon's condition is not good enough to stroll around."


"You saying I'm puny?", Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.


"Yah! I know you acted brave last night but your soul is separated from your body. Your body is weak. Go and have some rest.", I commanded her but she did not even bother to move.


"So, we can't see her?", Jeongyeon touched her bruise though the ache is still there. "What if those creeps follow her around and would attack her if they found the right timing?"


"Would you please stop talking about it?", that scared me. "I'm sure she's in the restaurant right now and would come home on the dawn. It would not be easy for them. If she turns into a doll, they wouldn't know it's her."


"You'll never know."


"Go to your room now.", I was stressing out. "Well check up on her tomorrow but for now, have some rest."

 


With frustration, they all went out of my room. There was someone exposed when my door opened.

 


"Oh. Dahyun?", Momo confronted her. "What are you doing here? Aren't you sleep yet?"


"I was actually searching for Jihyo unnie.", Dahyun smiled at us. "Isn't she there? I thought she's here inside this room to talk about the problems."


"Ahh. She's not here.", Momo turned to look at me. "I bet Nayeon unnie and Jihyo unnie doesn't even have the chance to talk with each other since we are here the whole time."


"She's probably hanging outside.", Sana interrupted as she was listening to us from the main door. "Maybe having a talk with her boyfriend."


"Ohh. Okay. I'll go there.", Dahyun thanked Sana for the information.


"What I meant by outside was that she's not just outside of our house!"


"You are confusing us.", Jeongyeon's mind was puzzled.


"The car's not outside! She could've gone with a date!", Sana's statement is clearer now. "I was having a phone call with my mom when Jihyo went outside then rushed on the street without glancing at me!"


"Sleep now! If the leader isn't here, you follow me!", I spread my arms in the middle.


"Good grief."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The bed feels uncomfortable if a lot of thoughts are rushing inside a human's head. All I could do is curse at Jeongyeon for making me think this way.

 


Me: Hey! How's it going there?

 

 

 

 

 

It's been 15 minutes and I got no reply from her. Fine, I'll go there on my own. I did not bother to change my pajamas so I only clothed myself with my jacket. Why wouldn't she reply? She's having breaks sometimes. I walked so that I wouldn't gather the attention of people again. My hands are inside my pocket as I was walking with a chill as my new name.

 


"Isn't this Jihyo's car?", I examined if there's a person outside. "No one's here."

 


The car was parked outside a building so I was thinking that Jihyo was having her date inside. I shrugged it off and continued walking towards the restaurant that's only a few blocks from where I am right now.

 


"Jihyo? Why are you here?"

 


My hands could only be glued outside. Something came up inside my mind. I went inside and hid very well to eavesdrop what they were talking about. I am near their table. I typed my order on my phone and I did even mention that I am mute. Erika who doesn't have any idea that it was me, prepared my order.

 


"That was strong of you to act like that.", Jihyo praised Y/N making me awe. "For how many years that I kept speechless about that cause I was scared enough that our fame will sink if people knew what I'm like if I'm angry."

 


She laughed a laugh that I had never witnessed before except maybe if she's together with her boyfriend. I never saw her feel carefree in my life so I smiled together with her.

 


"And? What did I have to do with you?", why ruin the mood, Y/N?!


"If you didn't stand up like that, Jeongyeon wouldn't stand up to save you, and I wouldn't stand up to hurt the guy that hurts people for shallow reasons.", what a relay that Jihyo made. "I know it's complicated to understand what I just said but you were a factor why it happened. That is why you are trending now."


"I'm not after publicity. I don't know why it's a big deal.", my order arrived now. "You just have to be you, Jihyo. It might not be easy for you to show it off because you are conscious enough about how your fans will react and that you might be bashed again. Be the real you because people who truly loves you would appreciate you."

 


Jihyo placed her chopsticks down on Y/N's wise words. I would like to second the motion on Y/N's statement.

 


"You are right. I'll consider that.", if she is comfortable enough to cry, she would cry but she couldn't because she's afraid that she will terrify the girl in front of her.


"You look like you will cry. Do not suppress your emotions.", Y/N handed her a tissue. "Cover your mouth and cough to scare the people away so that it would be more convenient for you to cry once the restaurant will have fewer people."


"You have a dark joke.", Jihyo laughed and wiped those small tears. "Come on. Eat a lot. I'll pay."


"I'm not a glutton like some of your members.", both of them laughed when they knew whom she meant by that as I was also about to laugh yet I slurped the soup to stop myself before they will find out that it was me. "You loved the soup so much that you go here most of the time, Nayeon?"

 


Chokes. I'm choking and the soup is hot! The bowl uncovered my face and I could see that both of them are already looking at me.

 


"What are you doing here, unnie?", Jihyo came back to her serious self. "And why are Jeongyeon and Momo not here?"


"They're sleeping.", I have to unveil myself now. "I don't want to bother them. Sana mentioned that you went outside so I searched for you. I haven't found you and for my break, I went here. It was a coincidence that I found you here instead."


"Why search for me?"


"Hello, Jihyo. I'm scared you'll be in trouble! It wasn't a long time ago since that thing happened.", and I worry about Y/N too.


"Puff. I can handle myself.", Jihyo flexed her biceps. "Come over. Why stay there? Join our table."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for lending me your time, Y/N.", Jihyo shook her hand as we are about to leave. "Thank you also, manager, for letting me borrow her."


"No problem! You can borrow her anytime!", Y/N's face looks like 'Am I an offering?' so I laughed at that.


"And Y/N, you look like Nayeon unnie's porcelain doll. I don't know where's that doll now.", our eyes looked at each other trying to hide it. "Let's now go to the car."

 

"I went here because you weren't answering my text!", I quickly whispered to Y/N before I left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Why is your car parked here?", I pretended that I didn't have any idea that it was here.


"Silly. So that no one would know I ate there again."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


Me: I'm going home now. I think you are still snoring but I also think that I gotta let you know.

 


5' o clock and it's still very dark so I walked fast while I'm texting. A shadow on my back? I stopped and the latter also stopped. I walked and the latter walked. I cannot run and I cannot turn back or else the one who's following me will realize that I found out that he/she was following me. I tried walking normally but I think I'm going to run any moment from now.

 


Me: Nayeon, I think someone's following me.

 


My pace went a bit faster. Streets are dangerous if it's dull. I don't have parents, I only have some of the Twice members. Nayeon, please reply. And at that moment, that someone was already behind me then held my hand.

 


"No-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I was biaswrecked by my own bias because of her teaser! Omg! How could Jihyo do this to me?! 😵 Anyway, GET WELL SOON, JEONGYEON! 🥺