Chapter 45: The Guardian

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"No one's inside?", Jihyo kept on knocking. "Aish. Where could her guardian be?"

 


With what I am discovering now, I could just simply laugh in disbelief. Jeongyeon grabbed my shoulders for support.

 


"Y/N isn't awake yet?", Jihyo turned to look at Jeongyeon, who was carrying her.


"Not yet."


"That's weird."


"What are we to do now?", Momo was looking around the place, cautious of something. "How did we even manage to get past here?!"

 


Mina was holding her phone to flash over the paper. We are just lucky there are some passersby on the road, and though they aren't sure this is the exact address, at least they happen to have the idea about it.

 


"Last time we went in the middle of the forest, but this time we are in front of an abandoned house.", Jihyo sighed in disbelief.


"I cannot do this anymore.", I hovered. "I've got to find a way to enter this house."


"We are gonna do that again?", Momo's mouth went agape. "But what if we're gonna be caught again and worse, the guardian of Y/N would undeviatingly report us."


"I'm with Nayeon.", Jeongyeon clutched my hand. "The street is empty. No one would notice us."

 


Everyone was looking at me. I have no doubts. If we wanted to know furthermore about Y/N, we've got to risk it all.

 


"Now, how do we break in?", it only takes a Jihyo to initiate the work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"This house is pretty big.", Mina nodded. "No wonder they could've paid the hospitalization of Y/N for 2 decades."

 


We broke the window on the back, feeling sorry because we cannot use the front door, or else we'd be discovered that we invaded without consent.

 


"Use your phones.", Jihyo commanded, as we switched the flashlight on.


"Shall we divide ourselves?", I asked them.


"No!", they yelled altogether.


"Fine."

 


We started touring around, finding some pictures, and even a baby picture of Y/N. Yes, this looks like her.

 


"They look like a happy family.", Mina smiled at the view. "But what could've happened?"

 


This is a kid's bedroom. I'm guessing this room is Y/N's. I would like to show this to Y/N, but we left her inside the car since she's unconscious.

 


"H-huh?", Momo grabbed me, but she still ended up falling. "Ouch!"


"Yah! Be careful!", Jeongyeon caught her on time.


"I'm being careful, but I stepped on something unexpectedly!", Momo buzzed.


"And what could that thing be?", Mina flashed her phone on the floor. "T-that."

 

"The gift wrapper that was used!", I took it from the floor. "The doll form of Y/N was wrapped here then!"


"It could be.", Mina checked it with me. "But this is a formed piece. No cuts. We couldn't be sure. It could just be the same."


"Wow! A lot of dolls!", Momo opened the tall cabinet, exhibiting the big dolls in our viewpoint. "By the looks of it, I think it wasn't only bought from the malls. They are all customized dolls! Daebak!"


"Come on, guys.", Jeongyeon spoke out. "I don't think this is an abandoned house. Maybe Y/N's guardians just went on a business trip! Look! Everything looks neat and was recently polished!"


"Of course! Who would visit Y/N in the hospital if she doesn't have her parents anymore?", Momo rolled her eyes.


"Though I was still wondering why she became a doll.", I deliberated. "And why was she presented to me?"


"Do you think she needs help that only you could possibly do, Nayeon unnie?", Mina pointed out.


"Guys, I think we are being too clamorous. What if Y/N's parents were just in the main bedroom? They could hear us anytime!", Jihyo went on the center. "Let's just go now!"


"But we are not yet done-"


"Let's just stop here. This place is giving me creeps.", she pushed us outside.


"Fine, just let me go.", she did what I said. "There's still a lot that was undiscovered."

 


All we could hear are the noise of our footsteps in this dark house. We were too anxious, but we kept on walking. Before going down the stairs, I saw the main bedroom at the end. It has a large door and was opened wide. My eyes were gazing blankly. Should I come inside? Is it a good time to meet her parents? Yah! Pabo Nayeon!

 


"Yah! Pabo Nayeon!", Jeongyeon whispered on the air. "Don't you know how to use the stairs?"


"Wait for a moment."


"Oops! Yah! Where are you going this time?!"


"Follow her!", Jihyo pointed at me, as they raced back towards me.


"You cannot just go-", Jeongyeon was about to grab my hands, but she stopped when we saw that no one's inside. "You're right. It's a good idea if we come inside."


"You are nuts."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just like what we did inside Y/N's room, we hunted around the room, and placed everything back in its place after inspecting those things.

 


"Nothing here."

 


My breathing hitched because of tiredness, so I leaned on the drawer then tried to get up, but my long sweater's cloth was somehow stuck on a drawer.

 


"Uh oh.", I tried to grab it, but it wouldn't. "Guys, I need help. What's with this thing? It's so hard to open!"


"What the heck, Nayeon!"

 


They all pulled me with strength, but I cannot completely escape myself from this drawer. With perspiration on our faces, although it's winter, we decided to give up. I'll be stuck here forever.

 


"You are stuck on Y/N's mansion and not on her.", Jihyo teased me, making me glare at her.


"I hope Y/N is fine inside the car.", a sound crept as the drawer opened on its own.


"Ahh!", we were all taken aback when my cloth was released. "This is a haunted mansion!"


"Shh!"


"Run!"


"For the last time!", I grabbed something inside the drawer first before leaving with them. "Now, run!"

 


We kept on running until we reached the back where we entered, but we all stopped when we noticed something peculiar.

 


"Hug me!", Momo lifted Mina's arms over her shoulders.


"How could the broken window be repaired immediately?!", Jeongyeon the glass. "I mean, they are wealthy but, how?!"


"The sun is showing up!"


"Y/N turned into a doll again then.", Mina sighed, then the window opened on its own. "Huh?!"


"Let's just go out for now!", I jumped through the window making them follow me.

 

 

 

"Next step?", Jihyo was still wheezing while driving.


"Go home?", Momo placed Y/N on the side. "Eat?"

 


I opened the letter that I got inside the drawer. Mina was leaning to read the content of the letter together with me.

 


"To my beloved who had forsaken me,

 

I lost you in an unaccepted circumstance. The new generation that we were seeking is at risk if we lose your daughter's presence. Together with my love for you, for your daughter, and for the whole family. I vow to keep your daughter breathing with what I could do, without violating the edicts that were established. With the blood that splashed on that massive downpour, her bloody tears will endeavor vengeance to the soul who made everything of this happen.

 


-The Guardian"

 


"Huh? This is strange?", I crumpled it again, but Mina took it from me.


"Address is attached.", Mina showed the backside to us. "This was sent through mail 20 years ago."


"Off to the place."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Excuse me, it would be great if you could answer our question, mister.", Mina bestowed the letter to a man in his late 60s.


"I'll be pleased to answer you, young lady.", the old man flashed a gentle smile at us. "What is it of your concern?"


"Do you happen to know the specific neighborhood of this place?", the old man's eyes, although not that brilliant, widened when he saw it.


"Are you sure you are going to this locality?", his smile stammered.


"There's no doubt that we would like to come here."


"What's your agenda?", could he just straightly tell us what's wrong?


"Helping a friend, mister.", Mina doesn't want to waste time. "If you wouldn't like to volunteer on our operation, mister, it's alright with us."


"No, let's go.", he held his hands. "I'll point it to you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The old man stopped walking and looked at the place that we are familiar with. He bowed his head and confirmed it to us that this is indeed the place.

 


"If I'm not wrong, this is the only place that is still standing in this old village.", with a concerned look on his face. "It's still morning, but if I were you, escape while the sun is out before you won't have the chance to see another sunlight, young ladies. I'll head out now."

 


With that, he left us alone and disappeared through the trees, since he was familiar with the place.

 


"That old guy is spooky.", Jeongyeon pulled herself together. "Remind me why we are back in this place."

 


"What are you doing here?", there was a sudden voice on our backs, making us turn around and was ready to fight. "Seeking for help because of winter?"

 


Pulling my friends behind me, I nodded at Jeongyeon to guard the unconscious Y/N. I stepped forward, took the letter from my pocket, and opened it wider for the latter to see.

 


"Are you the guardian?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:


Thanks for all of the comments! I love comments so much! 5 more chapters to go 🥰❄️