Chapter 19: The Bear

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"Why are you holding me and where are you taking me?", I stopped running together with this random stranger who took me with her.


"You need my help!", she smiled at me.


"Me? Need your help? Why would I need your help? What can you help me?"


"Stop talking for a moment. We are almost there.", she grabbed me once again but I stopped walking.


"Are you going to kidnap me? My mother said not to talk to strangers! Who knows? Maybe you are going to sell my organs on the black market!"

 


It's not like I don't trust others. I even trusted Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Momo. This is different now though. I am in the city and I am in a dark subway at this moment. She did not even bother to explain why she's doing it. Without hesitation, she grabbed me again.

 


"Hey! Will you please stop?!"


"We are here!", she let me go as she opened her arms wide.


"What is this place?"


"A small restaurant.", she just went in leaving me outside wondering. "Come in!"

 


Ahh! That smells good. This is a low-key business, but I think that they cook good things here. Is she gonna buy me food then? Is that her kind of help?

 


"Erika! You are finally here!", an old woman in her late 70's appeared from the kitchen. "Got what you wanted already?"


"Yes, grandma!"

 


The sudden nervousness came back again when I heard the old woman's words and when the girl looked back at me. Maybe they wanted me. They wanted my organs! I was about to run when the old woman started speaking again.

 


"I can see you brought a friend together with you.", the old woman held my hands. "You are welcome here. What do you want to eat?"


"Aren't you even gonna ask my name first before you would let me eat?"


"Old people's instincts are always precise.", she did not bother to ask me that question. "If I could feel that I could trust you, then I trust you."


"Grandma, she is not my friend!", Erika took me along with her.


"What is she then, darling?"


"She will work here!"


"What?!", I did not know that there was hiring going on here.


"It seems like she wasn't expecting that.", the old woman went inside the kitchen again and took ramen together with her. "The weather's cold due to the rain the whole day. This kind of heat is better than giving off the heat in your minds."

 


The soup was flowing back and forth because of how unstable the hands of the grandma moved. I took it as a sign for me to take it so it won't tire her.

 


"This is for you."


"Huh?"


"How are we gonna have a profit if you kept on giving stuff away out of kindness, grandma?", Erika pouted.


"Life isn't all about money, darling. Giving kindness and receiving a 'thank you' from people is already a profit.", grandma sat in front of me. "Do not talk like that in front of the soup. Manners."


"Thank you.", I slurped the soup with a loud sound to know that I am pleased with how welcoming grandma was.


"Yah! You are still gonna payback for that!", Erika was a bit farther so that grandma won't tell her not to talk like that in front of the soup. "You weren't able to get the bear you wanted in the toy shop. Earn money by working here then."


"Manners!"

 


Earn money. The house they bought for me was immediately bought because of money. I'd like to repay them for doing everything. I also like that bear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"I wonder how's Y/N the whole day yesterday.", Momo was carrying a lot of food.


"What if someone broke in the house and broke her?", we tensely glanced at Jeongyeon because of her statement. "What?"

 

 

 

 

Minutes after, we had already arrived at the place. Jeongyeon the lights and we saw the doll lying on the floor.

 


"She changed her own clothes?", Jeongyeon chuckled.


"I guess so.", the clothes she previously used was already in the laundry. "I wonder why she did that by herself."


"At least she grew up to be independent.", Jeongyeon shrugged as she did the laundry. "Though she doesn't know how to clean her clothes."


"That's not mandatory.", Momo lied on the sofa and after some chips. "Midnight snacks everyone?"


"It's not even midnight yet.", I told her.


"20 minutes until midnight. Don't you know how to estimate?", Momo munched her chips. "No wonder why you are not stupid than me it's because you cannot do simple math."


"What did you say?"


"Admit it already, Nayeon.", Jeongyeon teamed up with Momo.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"It's finally midnight!", Momo woke up with the alarm she set. "Wake up, Y/N!"

 


Y/N finally rose up and looked at us. She stared at the shopping bags that Momo brought together with her. It was unexpected but she seemed down when she saw those.

 


"Foods for you!", Momo exalted the groceries.


"I need to go.", Y/N went directly and washed up in the comfort room.


"She needs to go?", Jeongyeon was confused with Y/N's actions.


"Yes, I need to go.", she was in her bathrobe, and then she took some clothes in her closet. "Turn your backs or I'll get inside the bathroom again?"

 


We immediately turned our backs with our eyes sealed. She is trying to become autonomous this time. The last time, it was only Jeongyeon who was commanded to turn her back. Now, even I should heed to that request. I turned a little too see if she's already done.

 


"And that's the reason I had to go inside the bathroom!", she winked while she pointed her finger at me.


"Yah!", Jeongyeon pushed me aside. "Why would you look at her?!"


"A stye will grow in your eye, unnie.", Momo teased me.


"It's not like that!"


"Where are you even off to, Y/N?", Momo asked as Y/N was about to go outside.


"I can not talk about it now but it's something important. I have to be early there.", she opened the door. "I swear, I'll explain everything soon."


"Yah! I am your owner. Why can't you tell me about it? Everything you should do should be relayed to me first.", she was about to stop herself from coming out.


"You go now, Y/N. I'll take care of your 'owner'.", Jeongyeon emphasized that word with her fingers.


"But-", she started to become hesitant.


"Go on now. Live your life to the fullest.", Momo shooed her away. "And eat a lot of foods."

 


Y/N wasn't encouraged to the action of both girls beside me. It is still my decision if she will go or not so she waited.

 


"You can go.", she started running very fast.


"I wonder where she's going.", Jeongyeon went outside to follow Y/N's figure. "Shouldn't we follow her?"


"Yeah. What if someone discovers her secret?", Momo was scared for her. "We need to go now, Nayeon!"

 


They all headed outside and Momo even grasped me. They went inside the car but I didn't.

 


"Aren't you moving?", Jeongyeon rolled down the window. "Come on now or else we will lose track of her."

 


I went inside to drive the car in a rush. The two were thrilled and were concentrating on the streets. I smirked at the view. My eyes turned towards where Y/N was running.

 


"Yah! Where are you going, Im Nayeon?!", Jeongyeon was still looking at Y/N while our car was going in the opposite way. "She's over there, blind woman!"


"Hypocrites.", I crossed my arms. "You were the ones who encouraged her freedom and yet you want to follow her. If she wants freedom then let us give it to her sincerely."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"For starters like you, you are late.", Erika tapped her right foot.


"Sorry, something came up."


"Oh. You are already here, Y/N?", grandma came out from the kitchen. "Do you want to eat? I have a fresh-"


"Grandma, she is a worker here." Erika halted her grandma from saying so. "I will now train her what to do."

 


She trained me in taking orders and in addressing the clients about their orders. She also introduced me to her sisters, Nicole and Abegail, who were the cook inside the kitchen together with grandma.

 


"I wonder why you look like foreigners and you even have foreign names.", I asked when I was able to have a break.


"Our father, he is a foreigner.", Erika didn't really want to talk about it but she did. "Both of my parents died because of a plane crash while we were left here with grandma. Never thought that one day, we would be permanently left with grandma."


"Sorry about that."


"It's fine. Now, you've gotta work.", I know Erika is a good person though she's a bit strict because of their family's small business.


"I wonder why this place doesn't have a lot of customers.", I placed my face on the palm of my hands as I looked and there were only 2 people here. "Grandma cooks well."

 


While I am not yet busy, I saw a person stood outside the shop's door scanning the menu. She wears a black cap and mask. Her eyes then looked into mine. She looks familiar. Is she coming in?