Chapter 17: The Rain

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"Huh?"

 


Why can't I see anything besides these eyes? Whose eyes are these? The head of the latter moved side to side. With another second, the latter backed off immediately.

 


"Kya!", she even hit her head on the wall for exaggerating.


"Wah!", that got me scared too. "W-who are you? Please, don't freak out. I won't hurt you."

 


The rising and falling of her chest decreased. Is she about to collapse with what she testified? Yes, she did. I hurried towards her. What could I do to help her when I am even the reason why this happened to her?

 


"Please, wake up."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


While searching for her, my feet stopped moving when a flashing light showed up from a room. That light is different. That light indicates that Y/N already transformed.

 


"The light.", I wonder if Jeongyeon caught it with her eyes too.


"How?", Jeongyeon immediately ran as I followed her. "Oh no. She was found out."

 


It took us a bit longer to open the door since we were competing in turning the doorknob. We slapped each other's hands. At last, the doorknob opened unexpectedly. What we saw was more surprising though.

 


"She needs help. She hit her head in the wall."

 


Y/N was holding the fainted latter in her arms. What just happened in this room? Jeongyeon immediately held Y/N's hand and grabbed her.

 


"We have to go, Y/N. She did see you clearly. I'm gonna make up a story that she hit her head causing her to have delirium and fainted for her to see you as a human. Let's go now before she could validate your existence."

 

 

I agreed with what Jeongyeon recommended. Y/N slid off from Jeongyeon's hand. She refrained from walking.

 


"How could we just leave her behind when she needs our help?"


"I'll stay here to help her.", Jeongyeon passed Y/N to my hands. "Nayeon, bring her to your room now."


"You did not have to sneak her from me."

 


That blank face, stiff body, and dry voice. No movement from her. Her body was still leaning on the wall. I was about to grab Y/N and run fast towards my room.

 


"I knew it already.", her hands were shaky as she laid it on top of her closed legs. "What I didn't know was that the two of you knew."


"Momo.", I let go of Y/N and stooped in front of her. "Please, don't tell anyone."

 


Momo looked straight in my eyes then turned to look at Y/N who looked away. A smile was planted on Momo's face.

 


"She's pretty."


"Yah! You are the one who had some explaining to do!", Jeongyeon broke off the overwhelming moment. "How did you take her from my room?! And why did you even take her? How did you found out about her in the first place?"

 


I glared at Momo who was now staring at us shyly. Y/N, on the other hand, was examining the whole room.

 


"This room is familiar. Isn't this the room where we saw each other, Jeongyeon?"


"Stop that talk for a moment, Y/N.", Jeongyeon is not buying it. "Ahh. Yes, Y/N. Momo stole you that time too because she's having a night party here with her own dolls. I cleaned her mess that night."


"Look who's talking.", I called out Jeongyeon who realized that she was the one explaining instead of Momo.


"Now, you!", Jeongyeon pointed straightly at Momo.


"M-me?", Momo looked on her back then pointed to herself after facing the wall. "Ahh. I guess I cannot escape this time. I was having a lot of mess inside my room now so I decided to go to your room to ask for your help in cleaning my room."

 


The smelly clothes were dispersed around. Spilled foods on the floor cause she's eating way too much. This room seriously needs some cleaning.

 


"No, Momo. You wouldn't only ask for my help, you will ask me to clean your room!"


"Stop being too loud or else you'll wake up everybody and then they'll find out what's going on here.", Momo hindered Jeongyeon from erupting.


"Especially Jihyo.", Y/N stopped Jeongyeon too.


"You know Jihyo?"


"Go back to the other question, Momo!"


"Fine!", Momo squealed quietly as she could. "That time I went to our dressing room to give the toy to Boo, I noticed a shadow when I opened the door. I was certain it was Y/N's shadow because of her hair, her nose. I caught a glimpse of her outfit. I was shocked at first that's why I was already pale when I went backstage. I'm fighting inside if I should tell anyone about what I saw. I decided not to because I pity that pretty doll."


"How the heck would she transform when it is not yet afternoon that time?!", my hands are moving towards my head. "Is it true you transformed in the dressing room, Y/N?"


"Yes."


"But, how? Are there other circumstances that you could transform?", queries. "That placed us in danger because of you, Jeongyeon! If we had only left her here."


"Who would've anticipated that?"

 


Momo stopped Jeongyeon from talking aloud while Y/N blocked my view so that I wouldn't rage in front of Jeongyeon.

 


"This is getting pretty crazy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Good morning, unnie and Y/N.", Momo beamed as she went inside my room. "Ahh. She looks helpless when she's like that. No wonder Jeongyeon brought her yesterday."


"Do not mention that again."

 


Speaking of the devil. Our eyes were all filled with black bags. We stressed out too much about the situation. Momo was still fresh and was enjoying playing with my doll.

 


"If only my dolls could be like Y/N.", she murmured.


"Ahh. You want to have these?", I pointed on the black spots. "Whatever, I'm gonna cover this with heavy makeup for now."


"Isn't it fun that you could interact with your doll?"


"You can do that with your friends!"


"I know that no one would understand my point.", Momo hugged the doll.


"Y/N transforms unexpectedly.", Jeongyeon suddenly talked. "She is not safe in this place anymore."


"What's the next plan then?", I stopped applying the cream on my face. "We are always almost caught, Jeong! Nothing really works for now!"


"Yeah. One day, everyone will eventually find out about this magic.", Momo said as if it isn't a problem. "Why are you even hiding her from us?"


"Are you seriously asking that?", Jeongyeon cupped her own cheeks.


"Yah! Momo! Maybe it's because Jeongyeon pitied me when she saw what's inside my eyes. Maybe it's because you find it amazing and you are fond of dolls. Both of you might've taken it lightly but others might not take this issue lightly. Understand?"

 


It's still 6:28 in the morning but why is there something strange? A heavy rain cried on top of the roof that we couldn't even hear each one's voices. A light flashed on Momo's face?

 


"Are you all fighting again?", the voice emerged making us stand back.


"Yah! What happened? Did we overslept?", Jeongyeon was quivering.

 


Looking outside the window to think about how could this happen at this time of the hour, it finally hit me. The realization hit me.

 


"It was because of the rain."

 


That sunset. It was raining that time making that sunset disappear. While on vacation, I was washed not only by the sea but also by the rain. My father carried an umbrella to climb up the treehouse because it was raining. Yesterday, we all didn't notice that it was raining outside while we were dancing. Outside the venue, my shoes were sprinkling water to my ankles cause...

 


"It rained.", she disappears after the rain.


"Was it because of the rain?"


"Too bad it's rainy season right now. I cannot keep you."