The Present

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Ugh. I am so tired.", I plopped on the sofa as soon as I woke up.


"We don't have anything to do right now. I'm so bored.", Sana sighed.


"You should be happy that we have a day off today!", I told Sana as we saw Jihyo prepared to head out. "Yah! Ji! Where are you going now? Can I come with you?"


"Uhm. No. I'm gonna have a date.", Jihyo raised a finger. "And no one should follow me, understand?"

 


We sighed when our leader happily went out of the house. Of course, who would want to be such trash inside their dorm while their leader is going out to enjoy? Ahh. I feel so jealous that Jihyo has someone to enjoy with. I mean, romantically. Like, someone's gonna take her out, someone's gonna surprise her, the kissing scenes.

 


"I want to do something. I don't want to watch an action movie or play some video games again.", Mina pouted as she also went outside. "I want an isolated place by myself only, okay? Bye, guys. I want to be solemn."


"Wow! In this early morning, huh?", Chaeyoung banged her room door. "That sounds suspicious, Mina!"


"Aish. Why is everyone here all abnormal?", I moved my feet and packed some of my stuff.


"And where are you heading off?", Jeongyeon popped her head out of nowhere.


"Home.", I rolled my eyes and pushed her away as I went outside.


"Momo yah! Where are you going?!", Dahyun held her hand.


"Shopping?", Momo giggled. "Buy some dresses for my Barbies?"


"Eww. A kid." Tzuyu passed by them.


"Hop on!", a car parked in front of where I am standing. "Aren't they coming with you?"


"No, mom."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Ding dong! Everyone stared at the front door when the doorbell rang. I stood up as everyone was caught up watching the TV show. I slowly opened the door and found no one around. Mwo? A box?

 

"Strange people.", I placed my hands on my waist and stared at the huge box that looks presentable enough as a gift. "Is this from my fans?"

 


My eyes enlarged when I think pessimistically. What if this box is from a sasaeng or a hater?! What if this is a prank?!

 

"Who's there, honey?", my mom asked me.


"No one's here.", I shrugged and locked the door while carrying the box that was left outside.


"What is that?", mom pointed the box.


"I don't know. Someone left it outside the door though I did not see who left it there. Aigoo."


"That's truly strange. Let me take a look outside again.", mom opened the door. "You're right. No one's here."

 


We all shrugged and everyone went to watch the show again not minding what just happened. I did not join them as I went straight to my room. I set the heavy box on my bed. There's a tag. A red tag. A present for Im Nayeon? I know it's my birth month but not my birthday? A chilly sigh puffed from my mouth. My hand gently touched the red ribbon as I was planning to open this gift from an unknown sender.

 


Untie on top. The ribbon slid on each side softly as it swept on the fabric of my comforter. I removed the expensive wrapper by cutting it with my long nails as it dug and lacerated it. Opened the box unveiling the enchantment that filled the air. Why are there sparks circling my room? My eyes glued at the sparks like I was daydreaming until my vision slowly landed downwards. My hands crept slowly inside the box and took a beautiful gift I had seen. I lift it as a genuine smile formed in my lips.

 

 

"What a beautiful thing you are."

 

 

I could feel this porcelain doll smiling at me also. She has this beautiful jet black hair that seemed natural, her skin was very pale like what porcelain dolls usually have, her eyes were glistening brown and I could see my reflection through it, her nose was small but fairly pointed, her lips were cherry red like it was a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning, she has a sharp jawline that could stab anyone. The shape of her face is diamond.

 


"Damn. If you'll turn into a human, you'll be a perfect maiden-like."

 


What I failed to notice in the first place was that the doll has a red envelope clenched in her hand. Not contented with a gift tag? Why does the sender need to place an envelope in her hand? Poor fingers of this doll. It must have tired her fingers to hold this thing the whole time. It must have tired her arm to be fixed in this position. I took the envelope and placed her arm back sideways carefully. I used to be so reckless with dolls when I was a child. I like torturing them by cutting their hands and legs then removing the head. I guess I'm matured enough not to hurt a doll this time. I opened the envelope with nervousness traveling to my nervous system.

 


"Nayeon noona!"


"What the f-", I shrieked loudly and the envelope was thrown somewhere around this room when I heard a child's voice.


"Language, Im Nayeon!", my mom gave me a piercing look. "Do not ever dare to curse in front of a child!"

 


I rolled my eyes, fixed myself, and ran towards the kid tickling him. A tremendous laugh could be heard making my mom sigh and leave the kid alone.

 

"How's my young neighbor doing? What made you go here?"


"I saw you went out from ahjumma's car! I immediately took a bath and made myself presentable!", he proudly pointed on himself with both of his thumbs. "I missed you, noona!"


"Aish. This 6-year old kid.", I eyed him up and down and noticed that he is wearing formal wear with a neat gel holding his hair upward. "What's with your formal appearance?"


"A-ah.", the kid felt uneasy and a tint of blush surfaced on his cheeks. "I want to impress you, noona."


"Waeyo?"


"Ahh! Stop talking! Shut up!", aye kids' mood swings. "I noticed that you were holding an envelope awhile ago, noona. Is someone sending you a love letter?"

 


His eyebrows scorched waiting for my answer then he avoided my face and looked towards what's on my back. His mouth went agape as he ran towards my bed but I caught the hem of his shirt immediately and lifted him on the air.

 


"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!"


"Yah! Noona! Your admirer even gave you a gift?! Who gave you that?! Is he a good guy?!", he went wild. "Let me take a look at that doll!"


"Kya! Enough!", I walked him outside the door, pushed him away, and locked it.


"Noona!"


"Go away, kid! Bring noona some foods from the refrigerator!"


"No!"


"Whatever."


"I hate you, noona!", his voice was crackling indicating that he was about to cry so his running footsteps were heard.


"Aish. Mom is gonna get furious why I made that kid cry, but he is annoying!", I bit my lip. "Gosh! Was I too harsh?"

 


The tapping of my foot, torn between feeling guilty that I made an innocent kid feel bad and another was that I was still scared of my mom even if I'm a grown-up adult. Asian kid and Asian parents' treatment! I trembled with the thought until I remembered the envelope! I messed up everything inside my room trying to find where that envelope landed.

 


Not here.

 

Not here.

 

Not here.

 


Here you are!

 


"Ahh! My back aches!", I stretched my back and heard some cracking from my spine. "No intrusions this time please."

 

"Hello there! Today is my birthday! Always remember this day! Oh how much I want to live and become a human! Please take good care of me! I'm fragile! As for my birthday gift, I want my birthday to surprise you instead! I am your present!"

 

 

"What?", I clicked my tongue when I read the letter. "Fine, happy birthday. Wait, who gave you to me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm finally back! And for my birthday today, I'm going to present this fanfic for you guys! This is for you~ Hoping for your support. I love y'all! ❤️❤️❤️