Chapter 5: The Midnight

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"The sender?", her eyes twitched with what she's hearing.


"Yes, you are! Come on! Don't be shy! Where did you hide my doll? Why are you always here inside my room?"

 


I looked down below my bed to search for my doll. I need to show the person that her name was written on my doll. A sigh of disappointment left me after I haven't found my doll for the whole 10 minutes. When I finally stood up, my head hit the bed. I wished I was tiny that could not feel this kind of pain while crawling.

 


"Geez.", a small bump formed on my forehead. "Yah! What are you doing there?"

 


My things were arranged differently around and she was there eager to look for something. The lights were even . Did I stay for a long time under my bed that I did not even see the light outside?

 


"You are searching for your doll. I want to be of help to you.", that gracious feet raised a bit while she jumped and jumped like a kid to search on top of my closet.

 


"That couldn't be there! If I placed it there, I could've thrown it with that height!"


"You sure about that?"

 

 

There was something strange about how she looked like and I just noticed it when the lights are entirely revealing her now. She was wearing pajamas. She isn't planning to sleep beside me, right?! Back to her again. I repeat she was wearing pajamas. Again, I repeat, she was wearing the pajamas that I dressed with my doll!

 


"Mwo?!", an exaggerated tone from my vocal cords went out making the latter turn to check up on me but she fell instead and landed on her . "Oh. Mian-"


"Unnie, what's going on?", there was a soft knock on my door. "Your lights are on, unnie. I also heard your scream and a banging sound on the floor. Should I come in?"

 


That was Jihyo, our leader. The latter was busy massaging her as she groans softly in pain. Please, get up. I don't know what to explain to Jihyo once she sees you.

 


"Palli! Hide!", I opened my closet and pushed her inside not minding if she cannot breathe well over there. "I'm sorry. I cannot with Jihyo!"


"Unnie? What's going on there?", the knocking continued.


"Who's Jihyo?", I'm glad her voice wasn't loud enough to cross through the door.


"I have no time to explain! Don't come out there! Not until the scene is safe, okay? Please, leave immediately once I turn off the lights!"


"Unnie, you are scaring me!", the knocks became impatient. "I'm coming in!"

 


There was a harsh click when she forcefully opened the door. She did not kick the door? She just clicked it? Didn't I lock the door? Aish. This is why this stranger could easily walk in. That's not good, Nayeon.

 


"Unnie."

 


Jihyo seemed surprised that she disrupted the sleep of this queen here. I rubbed my eyes acting like I don't know what's happening. I was sleeping on the freezing floor at least that's what she thought.

 

 

"What are you doing here?"


"Ahh.", Jihyo looked around my room investigating. "I saw that your lights were . There was also a massive thing that fell on the floor. I was scared that there is a perpetrator that entered here."


"Oh. I'm on the floor?", my hands tapped the floor as I acted how surprised I was that I was laying here. "Well, I guess I am what you heard. I was having nightmares."

 


The knees of my leader tried to struggle by kneeling in front of me. She carried me with all her might as she laid me down back in my soft bed.

 


"Sleep tight, unnie.", she left my room switching the lights off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sounds of the alarm clock made my eyes open. Of course, I need to set an alarm now before the other members would give me a sermon because of my body clock.

 


"8'o clock is so early.", the tired me fixed myself as I was looking at myself in the mirror. "I'm Im Nayeon and I'm beautiful."

 

 

I winked at the mirror and started humming some songs while I danced around the room weirdly. Morning sessions with myself. Don't mind me. Oh. I wonder where Y/N, the sender, was right now. Aigoo. Why does she have to keep it from me that she was the sender? What should I wear today to enhance this beauty of mine? One move on the center of my clothes revealed a certain thing. What is she doing here?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Unnie.", Jihyo's voice was the first one I heard when I went out of my room. "Do you have time? Are you leaving?"


"Hmm.", I nodded and encouraged her to speak.


"Can we go somewhere?"


"You mean outside?"


"Yes."

 

 

 

 

There was a silence the whole time I was riding on the front seat. Jihyo looks so serious whenever she is driving on the streets. Though this time, the atmosphere is different. It was hella tense.

 


"Where are we going?", I decided to spoke out my inner thoughts.


"Just wait.", a short reply made me nod and think that she wouldn't want to talk while she's on her steering wheel.

 

 

 


It took some time until I could feel that the car is slowing down. The wheels the right side showing the front of a hospital. 

 


"What are we going to do here?", there was a feeling of apprehension.


"I think you should go see a doctor, unnie.", the car was parked in a spacious area.


"What?! What for?", she went out of the car so I followed her.


"Unnie, please! We are going to resume our schedules tomorrow. I need to assure you that you are still in good condition."


"Is there something wrong with me for you to think like that, Jihyo?", I was pointing hard on myself. "Tell me what's wrong with me!"


"I cannot say that. Just this morning, I talked to Mina about it. There are times that Mina is sleepwalking. She also mentioned about REM disorder-"


"Are you saying I have a health issue?"


"Look, unnie.", her hands are on her waist now with her head bending. "Mina's sleepwalking is not a problem. You. You are violent. I think if that kind of sleeping behavior would continue, you would always hurt yourself. I am just looking out for you. Please seek medical guidance to ease my worries. This is for your own good, unnie. I wouldn't want you to break another glass that would pierce on your feet again. I wouldn't want you to keep on falling from your bed."


"Fine.", I rolled my eyes cause I cannot just give her the reason that there was a certain person who causes all of this ruckus. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You happy now?", pride was my sense of achievement. "See? I'm normal, Ji. You should stop doubting me. Everything was just an accident. How can my brain have some problems when I don't even have one?"


"That was a lame joke, unnie.", she was fulfilled with the result. "Though I'm happy about the result. Again, I'm sorry."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I heard that Jihyo took you to the hospital.", Momo offered me her time for a talk before we are gonna sleep.


"Yes, because of our smarty-pants.", I comb my doll's hair and changed her clothes while Momo helped me. "Minari."


"That information scared the hell out of Jihyo!", a bursting laugh rang on my ears. "Aww. This sweet doll."

 


Momo was making my doll's pajamas neat. She is a good doll sitter. I couldn't still get it out of my mind when I found this doll in the closet. I did not even place her there! I took a picture of my doll when everything was done. I could not tell Momo about what's really happening or else another member would work about my state. Just not for now.

 

 

"I should head back to my room.", she finally stood up. "Good night, Nayeon's Y/N doll."

 

 

I might as well be waiting for the sender to name her and make it official. Y/N would come around again tonight, right? What time does she even come here? That's right! It was midnight! I guess I could wait. It's 11:11 now though. I wish Y/N wouldn't lie to me this time. I just wanted to talk. Why do I even let that stranger stay inside my room? I unlocked the door and opened my windows for her to pass by easily. I'm weird. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Did I just fall asleep?! Oh no! I shouldn't let Y/N wait for me. The flashing red light of the digital clock verifies my question. 11:58 pm. I'm glad I was able to wake up from this nap. 2 more minutes. My arms are supporting my cheeks as I waited for her to come through. I looked at the doll sitting on top of my desk. She watched me while I slept on this desk. 3,2,1. The flashing red light of the digital clock was replaced with another light. It's at zero o'clock. It's midnight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Komento, komento

(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻