Chapter 47: The Accident

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Hey!"

 


I my back to look at the owner of the voice. I can see no one. This room is familiar. The pictures inside the picture frames were no other but her. I've been inside this room last time or shall I say just yesterday.

 


"Are you hungry already? You should eat this."

 


Finally, because of my taller height, I wasn't able to see the kid that was just sitting on the floor with her teacups evenly placed, and with her doll facing her as she feeds something on her doll that wouldn't open its mouth.

 


"Y/N? What are you doing? Can I come inside?", there was a soft knock outside the door, so I hid before anyone could discover me.


"Nae, eomma!"

 


I could see the woman in her long nightgown enter inside. She took the kid and made the kid sit on her lap.

 


"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be sleeping this time?", the woman pinched her leg slightly, making her bow. "Can't you sleep? Do you want eomma to read you a fairytale?"

 


Her smile was bright enough for her mother not to pity the kid who cannot sleep yet. She settled the kid, tucked under the sheets, pulled out a storybook, and tried to read for the kid while brushing her hair.

 


"Once upon a time..."

 


I obliged to listen to the storytelling too but I tried hard not to fall asleep before I will lose myself. I watched as her eyes were getting droopy and cherished her. Why am I being shown to the little image of her? Is this what happened back in her life then? But she said she couldn't remember anything? That wicked woman should've let her see her past instead of me! Why me?

 


"And they lived happily ever after."

 


Closing the book and closing their hearts. No one's closing their own eyes yet. Lights shall be closed.

 


"Do every story always end up happily, mother?"

 


She stopped herself from walking outside then turned to look at her little one. Giving the kid her faint smile, the kid became more hopeful for good answers.

 


"At least, that's what we believe.", the door clicked. "Good night and sleep well, my precious one. Wake up early tomorrow for our trip."

 

 

As the woman closed the door, I was transported to another room again. This time, it's also a familiar room. A room I had recently visited. There's still this the same kid looking outside the window with her hands covering her ears snuggly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I told you, I am not coming back here!", I could hear the same woman, Y/N's eomma, speaking outside.


"You are a disgrace to the family if you would totally back out.", another woman quarreled with her. "You should know where you belong and where you came from! This is our field!"

 


"When will they stop fighting?", the little girl looks like she will cry any moment from now, especially when the rain started falling outside. "I don't like fighting."

 


"Enough the two of you!", it was a man's voice this time. "Y/N could hear the two of you arguing! It's a shame that older people prefer to fight over this!"


"This is not just a manageable issue, honey!", if Y/N's mother called him with that, I assume he is Y/N's father then. "I am telling you. I don't want to live the same life anymore. I don't want to be hunted down by the same folks. I just want to live a modest life with my daughter. So, please, for our sake, stop persuading me to come back."


"You are going to give us up now?"

 


Together with the sharp voice of the other woman, the thunder also roared making my little one shriek and cover her ears tightly.

 


"Eomma! Appa! I'm scared!"

 


Her ears and eyes were already red. I can't just stand here watching her freaking out like that. I cannot stand it. I hugged her tightly and buried her face in my chest.

 


"Shh. I'm here. Don't be scared. Your Nayeon will never leave you."

 


"Y/N is the only one in her generation! I cannot bear a child! You know that!", they continued their argument while I am rocking to comfort Y/N. "By the time, Y/N reaches legality, she has to take over as our family's pride. The one and only Y/N."


"No! I am not gonna offer my kid! Stop magic! I want my kid to have her own fairytale and not to be considered as an antagonist!"

 


I think they had finally settled the argument as the rain also calmed down. The door suddenly opened making me flinch and let go of her, whom I was holding.

 


"I'm sorry! I was just comforting your kid! She looks troubled, and I cannot handle the sight of it!"

 


I was waving my hands when Y/N's mother appeared. I thought she was looking at me, but she ignored me and just took Y/N on her arms.

 


"Huh? She cannot see me? They cannot see me?"


"We're going home now, darling. We don't have any purpose here anymore."

 


She opened the door again, and I saw that wicked woman. It was her, whom Y/N's mother was debating! I glared at her, but it seems like she cannot also see me. The door closed and I fell down once again teleported to another scene.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Eomma? What happened?", little Y/N peeked over the front seat. "Isn't it bad to fight, eomma?"

 


Y/N's father looked at his wife then motioned her to comfort the kid. Y/N's mother tucked her hair on the side and kissed her forehead.

 


"Nothing's wrong, darling. Just behave over there before we will have an accident.", Y/N nodded at her mother's words then leaned back as the rain started to get worse again.


"Eomma, will we be okay?"


"Sure, darling! We'll be okay!", Y/N's mother leaned at the back again to comfort her. "After passing the cliff, we'll be okay!"

 


Y/N smiled and played with her doll once again. Few more meters, and we will see the cliff already.

 


"Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day.", when she sang that song, I could sense that she was scared of something.


"The cliff is near.", Y/N's father felt nervous while driving.


"Hey, mister! If you feel uncomfortable, let me drive the car. I'm used to this place already!", I tried to reveal myself just to keep the whole family safe, but I guess it's true that no one could hear me. "Y/N, can you hear me?"

 


We could feel how slippery the road is, so that made me wary and hugged my love once again, but she couldn't feel me.

 


"Mister, turn just a bit. It's a zigzag zone."

 


I was calling unto him, but who am I joking? A while ago, in the middle of the snowstorm, didn't my car went below the cliff? Wasn't I falling? There was a car fast approaching meeting with the car I am currently in.

 


"Honey, lookout and slow down!", I could hear Y/N's mother yell, so I hugged Y/N tightly.


"Eomma? Appa? My doll!", Y/N grabbed her doll and protected it with her body.


"Y/N! No! Protect yourself!"

 


I'm calling unto her. She, who cannot hear my call. The magic that shifted when I wasn't able to see the car that was supposed to bump us.

 


"No."

 

 

 

 

 


No. I am actually falling in real life. I'm back on my place again, and I could see the surface of the cliff as I am headed towards it. Those weren't true then? I'm actually the one who's gonna die. I closed my eyes and felt my whole body got hurt because of falling. Why am I still alive? Another scene? It's another scene. I'm inside the car. I'm inside our very own car when that accident happened. Looking at the window, I saw the kid in the other car crying while hugging her doll tightly.

 


"Nayeon, hold on tight!", I could feel my mother holding my hand as she stuffed me with some pillows over my head. "We're falling."

 

 

 

 

 

 


The magic that happened after anything else. I already fell. I am back to my usual self. The older version of me. I'm Im Nayeon at the present. After all, I can see over there my younger self crying because my foot was stuck on something. That was the accident that happened when I was just a kid. The other car, it made me tear up when I could recognize who was the girl I saw when I was just a kid that time. The girl whom I could recognize this time because she's the one that I love. She was bleeding, but her doll is tucked safely inside her own body. I ran to save her, but I cannot touch her. Seeing how they had it worse than us because of the accident. The accident that I had caused.

 


"Y/N."


"Can you see it now, Nayeon? You are the main reason why she both doesn't have life and freedom."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 


OMO 3 MORE CHAPTERS TO GO 😭