Chapter 30: The Stalker

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"I'm still wondering how Y/N transformed that time even though it did not rain.", we kept on chatting even by the time we arrived in our place already.


"Yeah.", Momo started to eat again. "And she even mentioned something about that place."

 


What she said that time keeps on buzzing in my ears. Everything about her is a mystery.

 


"Let's put it this way.", Mina held her hands. "She only transformed on that specific place and after passing by, she returned to being a doll."


"Sounds ridiculous?"


"No.", Mina was trying harder now. "What if her world is over there? What if she belongs there?"


"You're saying she could be a mermaid?!", Momo grabbed Y/N and placed her on the bathtub.


"Yah! Momo! What are you trying to do with my doll?!", I turned off the water and took my doll from her.


"Isn't that what's happening in movies? It's possible! Even her who is impossible is possible!", Momo poured some bubble soap on the bathtub. "Mermaids would have their tails once they are wet with water! Ahh! No wonder she turns during rainy days! Rain is water!"


"Smartass.", Mina smirked in sarcasm. "We cannot justify it yet. Next time we'll have our free time, let's come back on that place again to test if it happens again."

 


We were having a serious talk until there was a knock on our door. Mina opened the door revealing our own leader.

 


"Hey.", she greeted Mina first then looked at us with confusion as she saw my doll soaking wet. "After doing what you're currently doing, walk to the living room. Manager's gonna talk with us."


"Yeah. We'll be right there."


"And, Mina?"


"Hmm?"


"Please, try your best not to follow the weirdness of the other members.", Jihyo hit us. "I trust that you are the most decent one here."


"I don't even need to try.", Mina laughed before Jihyo left us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, it's possible that he's working with someone bigger?", the manager is cooperating with us. "Is that what you're saying, Mina?"


"Yes, I figured half of it.", Mina was standing as she was lecturing what she had discovered.


"We are also discoursing to the authorities about this.", the manager nodded. "Another thing, would you please cut off your time with that girl?"


"Were you referring to Y/N?", that got me. "Why is that so?"


"Even if at that moment you got close, it is still not good for your reputation to go out with her.", the manager could only sigh. "You know some of your fans. They consider it unfair. She doesn't even have a name in society, to begin with."


"Take what you said back.", I stood from the sofa.


"Nayeon?"


"I said, take it back.", I walked towards the manager. "Who could dictate us on whom we want to hang out together? No one should enter that kind of life we have. Having a big name? Were we only permitted to go out with those who are popular?"


"You just met her."


"And so?"


"Nayeon, remember that you are an idol. You should be responsible for your actions."


"Screw that idea.", Jeongyeon supported me all the way. "You wouldn't even know if that someone who has a name could be using you to enhance their own fame. Is it all about showbiz? Is it all about satisfying the public leaving us unsatisfied?"


"Look-"


"Manager-nim, you should probably get out.", Jihyo was in front of us. "We don't want to get in further with this. Please, get out."

 


The manager, with disbelief apparent on that face for how we talked back and how Jihyo had the audacity to command like that immediately walked away.

 


"Alright, I'll contact you once we have the latest news.", that's all the manager could say after our debate. "Please, always remember that I only want what's the best for this group."


"Leave."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Ji.", I sat beside her who was drinking alcohol, trying to get herself drunk for what she did.


"Hey."


"I was just stopping by to tell you how thankful I was for what you did this morning.", I was uncomfortable so I was rubbing my arms. "You were marvelous."


"I cannot just let my members in vain when my members are on the right side.", she poured a drink on her glass and offered it to me. "Do not just stop by. Drink."


"Aish. Oldies.", I sat down.


"I was wondering why you were with Y/N.", she gulped the heavy drink softly. "Why didn't you ask me to come together with you?"

 


Now, what am I going to tell her this time? How many times do I have to lie? Maybe as long as she's by my side.

 


"Who's calling?", Jihyo stopped drinking to look at the screen that lit.


"It's Jeongyeon.", I excused myself to answer the call. "Hello?"


"Yah! Where are you right now?!", Jeongyeon screamed making me move my ear further.


"On the rooftop with Jihyo. I am drinking with her like a thanksgiving for what she did."


"Drink?", this is Momo's voice this time. "Alcoholic drinks?"


"Yes."


"Jeong, let's go now! It's been a long time since I last tasted alcohol.", yeah, you will never think of Momo liking alcohol because of her innocent aura. "Mina, come on."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes after, we were all gathered together in this rooftop. Jeongyeon, Momo, and Mina weren't the only ones who went here. Everyone is here.

 


"Cheers!", Momo raised her glass and so we did.


"Mina, you should try to drink.", Sana handed a glass to Mina.


"I don't drink."


"Just this one for me please.", and so, Sana did her aegyo.


"Fine.", she sighed and took a sip little by little. "I was just confused why are they after Y/N. Was it simply because of that kind of grudge? If someone supported him and had never met Y/N before, then they are having a tandem together to achieve their goals."

 


Mina's eyes were already droopy when she said those words. She's digging down the issue more now that she's drinking alcohol. What your mind couldn't do with alcohol.

 


"Mina is so funny when she's like that.", the one who made her drink took a photo of her then went towards Mina to kiss her on the lips. "Toast to Mina!"


"I think Sana unnie is funnier than Mina though ", Chaeyoung was taking a photo of them.


"Yah! No kissing!", Mina pushed Sana away.


"I'm sleepy.", Momo is having less energy compared to her usual self. "Y/N, I would like you to try this alcohol but you are not alive yet."

 


Everyone didn't really mind what she said cause Momo was heavily drunk right now. We don't even know what time is it right now. All that we know was that we are happy in this moment. No problems. No worries. Nothing serious to think about. Others were already asleep in their seats. I'm feeling groovy now and so is Jeongyeon. Jihyo is the last woman standing. I admire her alcohol tolerance. I just wanna sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

 


"Ahh!", Jihyo kept on drinking though her mind was foggy already. "What am I to do with them? I cannot carry all of them in their rooms just by myself? Might as well sleep here."

 


Jihyo stood up to check if everyone is already asleep. Some were talking silently in an unconscious way. Jihyo saw that Momo's hands were hung low and that her right hand wasn't letting go of the doll's hand. Jihyo giggled at the sight and took the doll from her clutching hand. She positioned Momo comfortably than before.

 


"There you go, everyone. Sleep tight."

 


Kissing their foreheads, Jihyo looked at her members admiringly. She placed the doll she took away, on a chair and she faced her, observing her.

 


"You really look like Y/N. Did Nayeon name you after her? Possible. Good night, Y/N."

 


With an aching head, she still grabbed the chance to look at the time. She could still clearly see the displayed time.

 


"12?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Who's excited for tomorrow?! (ノ•̀ o •́ )ノ ~ ┻━┻