Chapter 4: The Sender

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Took you long enough.", Momo tapped her foot with her arms crossed on her chest.


"Well, I found her.", with apologies I raised my proof to make her sulking go away.


"Wow! Is that your new doll?", her hands were lifted as she approached me so I immediately hid the doll behind my back.


"Ahuh. Do not dare to touch her!"


"That's so unfair! I helped you search for her outfits yesterday!"


"Fine."

 


The tips of my doll's fingers brushed against me when Momo took her from my hands. There was this uncommon feeling like I've felt those fingers before. The honking sounds of the car woke up my senses. The doll was sitting on Momo's lap when I entered inside. She was playing with it and it made me feel awkward. Why is that so?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Had you ever thought of your doll's name already?", Momo munched a lot of food compared to me, who was the hungry one here. "Wait, how much is that doll?"

 


The bulgogi moved smoothly inside my mouth as it was tender enough to spin around like laundry in a washing machine. My eyes smiled as I looked at my doll sitting beside me observing us how we are eating. I know you cost too much.

 


"I never thought about it yet. I did not buy this doll."


"What? You did not buy her? Was it given to you then? Who gave it?"


"I don't know.", the smoke of the grilled meat spread around our faces. "But I guess the name of the sender is Y/N."

 


The smell of the food's smoke is enough to make a hungry person's mind high. Higher. Until a cloud of memory lingered in my head.

 

 


"I did not even know why I am here.", an unsure smile tried to come out from her face as her eyes looked down to the ground. "Actually, I don't even have any idea who you are, but hey! My name is Y/N!"

 

 


"She was the sender?!", I choked on my food when I remembered the intruder mention her name which matched the tag of my doll. "That's impossible! She said she doesn't even know me! Aish! Of course! That liar was lying!"

 


A form of small pouting hands faced in front of me. It opened then closed imitating the movement of a living clam. I glared at the latter doing that as she made me think that I must be crazy and delusional.

 


"Talking to yourself?", she suddenly stopped what she's doing when she saw my serious face. "What if we name that doll, Gracious?"


"Gracious! Goodness!", I'm glad I could laugh even though it wasn't meant to be a joke. "GG. Gay gay. That's too gay to call my doll like that."


"Yah! What else do you have in your mind?! You cannot have your doll's name have the same name as my dolls, okay?!"


"Y/N. Let's call her, Y/N."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I was cleaning your whole room, unnie.", Jihyo dashed out from my room. "Why is your room messy and there are shreds of broken glass on the side of your closet? What happened last night?"


"Oh. That."


"And what are these for? Are you pregnant? Were you expecting a baby? Is that why you broke your glass cause you are overwhelmed with the feeling that this could be a bad issue for us?"

 

 

Jihyo lifted the shopping bags filled with my doll's clothes. The members went out to witness what is the uproar about cause you know, Jihyo's voice sounds scandalous.

 

 

"Jihyo-ya, Nayeon unnie has a new doll. Those clothes were for her-", Momo lifted both of her arms defending me from this overprotective leader.


"Then, show me the doll."

 


Jihyo sternly looked at me with the drumming tension as the members were all hopeful for my answer. Mina doesn't care. She has the slightest idea. Was she even the one who threw my doll outside? Aish. I was thinking of complex thoughts.

 

 

"Ta-da.", the doll was shown off to everyone as Momo was holding my doll's axilla when she noticed I wasn't attempting to move, might as well, I'm taken aback with what Jihyo thought of me. "Doesn't she look good, everyone?"

 


The slow nodding of Momo's head was followed in sync with all of the members' heads. They all agreed! They all thought the same! Jihyo, on the other hand, sighed her worries. She grabbed my arms comforting me from that scary moment.

 


"I'm sorry I doubted you like that, unnie."


"Jihyo, you know I don't have a boyfriend. How could I possibly have a kid inside of my uterus?", a pinch in the gut.


"Yeah. I know.", Jihyo looked away ashamed of what she did. "But, each one of us has hormones. Well, just like that."


"Don't you trust me?"


"Dinner everyone?", good escape, biggy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyeopta!"

 

 

I regret having to share my doll to my members. I cannot even have her on my own now. Those were the hands who took you away from me and now I'm lonely.

 


"Dahyun! Look! Same skin!", Sana attached the arms of the doll to Dahyun. "Incomparable."


"Nayeon unnie, Jihyo mentioned that there were broken glasses in your room.", Momo sat beside me with a pat on my shoulder. "Is that true? Did something happen last night? Aish. Why haven't I seen this broken glass when I went inside your room this morning?"


"That's because you are Pabo!"


"Ahh! Just tell me what exactly happened, will you?"


"Fine. To keep the story short, I was carrying a glass of water from the kitchen cause I was really thirsty. While outside my room, I heard some-"

 


Pluck. Sana was plucked on the sofa by this tigress who was calling out to give her the doll. Any moment from now, they could break my doll! Stop the fight!

 


"Aye! Her hair looks good that I feel jealous.", Momo grabbed the doll from them making me suffocated in case the doll would break. "How about I have this kind of hairstyle on our next comeback with a pinch of swag?"


"Give her to me.", Dahyun acted out as a mom. "What's this cute doll's name? Nayeon unnie didn't give you a name yet? Okay, from now on, we should call you, Kyeopta! Clap your hands! We will baptize her!"


"Enough!", what everyone was doing halted. "Give her back to me. We need to sleep."

 


Momo's question was long forgotten when my battery immediately went 10%. A tiresome for me and though this doll is not alive, I know she would feel the same way. Realizing how hectic the people are that surrounds you, that would drain you.

 

 


"Good night. You are kyeopta."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Footsteps again? Whose are these? The latter have soft footsteps but I could still hear those. Footsteps?! I held my blanket over my head to hide me. Yes, someone is walking around. What should I do now? My fingers slowly moved it's way to my doll whom I placed beside me. Comfort me. Empty. I tapped my hands slightly to the space beside me. Space. Where is my doll? Does she need to be stolen every time I sleep? I wouldn't let this happen to my doll. My back curved instantly to look around if someone is really here inside my room again. Hurling sounds of the darkness deafened me. All I have to use now are my other senses. My sight! My gosh! There was this girl looking through my window. She wasn't outside the window! She was inside my room!

 


"Y-you."

 


The blanket was curled in shape because of my unusual force. The latter's eyes were shimmering as she watched the moon outside. Her shadow was moved by the illumination. Her eyes focused on me.

 


"Oh. Hello there.", she raised her hand as I backed away but her hands ended up forming a wave instead. "I did not turn on the light. I wouldn't want to bother you from your sleep, but it looks like I still did."

 


The faint smile with her waving hands all fell down in a short minute. I tried to look at the time to conclude if she disturbed me for a long time. 12:27 AM.

 


"What are you doing here?", ready for a fight. "And where's my doll?"

 


My eyes searched around her hands if she was holding the doll but it looks like she wasn't hiding her. Did she throw it by the window?! I jumped off my bed and opened the window to look if my doll was there.

 


"Don't get near me!", I warned her cause I am scared of her, cause we are only inches away.


"Hmm.", she nodded.


"Wait, can you please tell me what's your name again?", this time I'm begging for an answer.


"My name?", she paused when I went soft on her. "Oh yeah! My name is Y/N!"


"So, are you the sender?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry I'm a bit late! I watched Mulan! (◕ᴗ◕✿)