Chapter 12: The Cake

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"How did you know?", my mouth was wide open with surprise.


"Shh. Don't talk about that in front of your cake!", she hushed me with her fingers. "Make a wish now!"

 


I swear she is really a kid who enjoys life innocently in her own ways. How I wish I could forget everything else except us. Hey, no! That's not my wish! I closed my eyes and made my wish. My wish is a secret. The wind blew the candles and reached Y/N's face making her smile widely.

 


"What's your wish?", Jeongyeon tapped my back making me open my eyes and glare at her.


"You shouldn't ask her that or else it won't come true!", Y/N shushed Jeongyeon this time. "Godspeed, Nayeon!"

 

 

While I was still glaring at Jeongyeon because Y/N shushed her, there was a sticky thing that I felt in my face. How dare someone touch my pretty face?! Do not ruin my beloved face!

 


"Kya!"


"There you go with that 'Kya' again!", Y/N did not only use a finger, she used her whole hands.


"Let me join.", Jeongyeon did not only wipe the icing but even the cake itself.


"What a waste."


"It's my money!", Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.


"But I want to eat the cake!", Y/N did not enjoy it.


"Is that so?", Jeongyeon's hands went down. "Fine, let's eat."

 


The knife shone making me and Jeongyeon shriek as Y/N was carrying it. The tip of the knife was pointed towards us. Do not kill me! It was Jeongyeon who destroyed the cake and it's my birthday!

 


"Please, do not do it like that!", Jeongyeon grabbed the chance to take the knife from Y/N.


"Huh?"

 


Jeongyeon sliced the cake. Does Y/N don't know how to handle a knife? Maybe they don't have any knives in their world. That would be peaceful then.

 


"Here you go, old woman.", Jeongyeon shoved the plate towards me. "Well, yeah. Happy birthday."

 


Unequal sizes? Unequal distribution? Y/N's piece of cake is big. Jeongyeon's piece of cake is big. Why is mine thinly sliced?!

 


"Yah! It's my birthday! Why do I have the smallest portion?!"


"Yah! You have the largest portion!"


"You blind?"


"You stupid! You have the largest portion!", she pointed my face with her index finger. "It's all over your face!"


"You brat!"


"Do you want my cake, Nayeon?", a plate was presented in front of me before I could smack Jeongyeon's head. "You can have this. Just don't fight each other please."


"Ahh. No, Y/N.", I faked a smile at Jeongyeon. "Besides, you are the one who wanted to eat this cake. Can you now tell me how did you know it was my birthday?"


"Jeongyeon told me."


"Jeongyeon? I remember not registering Jeongyeon's number in your phone's contacts. You only have my number."


"Jeongyeon always comes here."

 


The sudden look of disgust I delivered to Jeongyeon. Why the heck are you bothering my doll?! Do you go here every day, Jeongyeon?! What could you have possibly done to Y/N every time you go here? I have a lot of questions to spurt to Jeongyeon but I chose to keep it for now. You just made me look bad in front of my own belonging.

 


"Yah! It's not like what you are thinking!", Jeongyeon could read my mind. "I was just curious how she is doing and if someone disturbed her here. We cannot be sure! I don't go here every day!"


"You are the one who disturbed!", cut. "Thank you, Jeongyeon."


"What?!"


"You were the one who told Y/N that today is my birthday, right?", still, I was thankful.


"I just told her about your birthday but it's not my idea to make a surprise for you! It's hers!", she doesn't like to admit she cares. "Stop looking at me like that! Disgusting! Ahh! We are all done here! I'm going down!"

 


Jeongyeon's was displayed in front of us as she bends to went down quickly. I looked at Y/N who was still looking at me. I took both of her shoulders as I looked straight in her eyes.

 


"Thank you."


"My pleasure."


"Why haven't you contacted me?", I did wait.


"Hmm. You told me that I will only contact you if a problem occurs. So far, nothing dangerous happened. Besides, Jeongyeon was always here to check up on me. I guess I'm alright then.", it stung me because I am the owner. "I know you are busy so I'm trying to keep myself from disturbing you."


"Yeah, right. Good night and good morning.", I started crawling back. "By the way, prepare yourself at 8 in the morning. We are gonna start our mission."


"Good night and good morning, your majesty."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What took both of you so long?", mother surprised me with a cake as my whole family was carrying their confetti. "Did something happen between the two of you?"

 


There was a long competing glare between me and Jeongyeon. How could my mother think like that?! The whole family was waiting for our response.

 


"Happy birthday, Nayeon!", Jeongyeon clapped her hands while singing to distract the whole family and she succeeded with her sudden plan.


"Is something going on between the two of you?", mom whispered to me after I blew the cake. "And why do you even have icing on your face?"


"Mom, will you-"


"Jeongyeon surprised you!", Mom teased me again and again. "That's why I just let her come here on midnights cause I know she is planning something. I did not even bother to look in the treehouse cause she told me it was a secret. Does she make you happy?"


"Mom.", I flapped my hands. "Nothing's going on, okay?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nothing's happening between the two of us, alright?", Jeongyeon spoke out immediately when I started driving.


"Why would you even think about that?!", a smirk formed on my lips. "Perhaps, do you like me?"

 


There was a sudden loud thump on my head. Ouch. If I'm gonna die because of a car accident, I'm gonna ghost this human beside me. I cannot die yet. Not when Y/N needs me.

 


"You assumed I like you because of that surprise?", huff. "I'm not doing anything for you."


"You did not have to hit me!"


"I had to!"

 


Yellow lights flashed before us with a honk of another car going towards us. I lost control of the steering wheel. Jeongyeon on the other hand was able to maintain the car's pace.

 


"Focus on the road!", she taunted me.


"Sorry.", I'm glad I was able to stump my feet on the brake. "But you didn't have to yell at me!"

 


We pushed and pull each other but it wasn't new for us. We always did. Others think there was a love-hate relationship between us. That's why people think there is something between the two of us. We beg to disagree.

 


"Yah. Jeongyeon. What's gonna happen to our plan for later?", I started driving the car again. "Where are we gonna start?"


"Why ask me? You are the one who received her."


"You did not have to be rude!"


"Do you even have the idea who's the sender?", a huge slap in the face when I realized I did not bother to search for the sender the moment I discovered Y/N's transformation.


"No."


"See? That was stupid of you."


"Yah!"


"Show me the letters you received.", we talked like adults as we were walking towards the main door.


"I left it in the house."


"Ahh! You are so frustrating! You are not making it easier for us!"


"Then, I'm sorry!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm glad it's already our vacation we can already find out little by little about-"

 


After opening the door, our conversation halted as someone was standing in front of us. My birthday, my date of death too? The look in her eyes was unpleasant to be focused on.

 


"It's already 5 am in the morning.", her voice deepened and buried us to the ground. "Where did the two of you come from?"


"U-uhm.", come on Nayeon, think.


"We prepared for the things that we need since we are going together later!", Jeongyeon was praying. "Pardon us."


"To where?"


"Uhm."


"Ulsan!"


"Good timing! Had you already packed your things?! That's where we are heading for our vacation!"


"We?!", Jeongyeon was astounded


"I thought it's only about us?" I looked at Jeongyeon


"All of us are going!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Uploaded 2 chapters today for Nayeon! Our rainbow, Nayeon! We love you! Happy birthday! 🥰❤️❤️❤️