Chapter 24: The Hero

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


The hero fell on the floor bleeding. Another hero showed up. The hero of my hero is looking straight at me. Am I the protagonist of this story?

 


"Jihyo! Stop that!", Nayeon shouted but Jihyo did not even listen. "What have you done to him?"

 


Yes, it was Jihyo. The big eyes that give me goosebumps as if she has authority over me. I kneeled on the floor bowing.

 


"He deserved it."

 


Leaving the scene with those words, people made a pathway as she passed by them then went inside the restaurant again.

 


"Jeongyeon!", the reason why I kneeled on the front. "Let's get her inside."

 


Nayeon couldn't do something for me so she aided Jeongyeon to help me. At least, that's what she could do because she was late. We went inside and all the members were standing shocked because of the fight that happened outside. Jihyo was nowhere to be found.

 


"Oh my gosh!", Erika went to Jeongyeon's side. "Y/N! Get the first aid! It's near the bathroom!"

 

 

 


They were too busy on Jeongyeon so I'm the only one who searched for the kit. Water drops inside the silent bathroom. The heavy breathing of someone could also be heard. I went inside and the latter who was looking at herself in the mirror turned her attention towards me. Blood was rushing in the sink. That came from her hand. Her hand was now clearer and I could see some sores. Seeing her hand, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. That must have broken his jaw. For a girl like her, she seemed like she got used to using her knuckles.

 


"When are you gonna stop staring at this?", her eyes landed on her knuckles.


"That must've hurt. Wait for a moment.", I opened the kit but her other hand stopped me from doing so.


"You think my hand hurts?", now, that was a sudden question.


"You're a human so of course, it will hurt."

 


I took her hands regardless of how scared I am because of Nayeon and Jeongyeon's warning about her. I was about to apply the ointment but she took her hand away.

 


"I'm okay.", she shook her head. "That was meant for Jeongyeon, right? Go there to her now. Don't worry about this. This pain was already covered by another pain."


"Huh? What did you mean by that?", I continued talking to her. "Ahh. Right. I have to go to Jeongyeon now."


"Why do you talk casually about Jeongyeon's name like you seem to know her? Why do you talk casually in front of me?", what is she talking about? "People wouldn't talk to us like that. Nevermind about that. Of course, not everyone is fond of us."


"The hero would be uncomfortable if I act like that.", I tried to walk away from her again.


"Why do you seem so familiar?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"What took you so long?!", Erika immediately grabbed the kit from Y/N's hands.


"No, let me.", Y/N didn't let it be easy this time. "I am responsible for this."

 


The ice bag was taken away as her hands replaced it. The brush of her hand was more tender than the cotton with betadine that was brushed on Jeongyeon's face. My back turned away seeing that. I could've been the hero. Her hero.

 


"There.", the wound was clean enough so Y/N placed a band-aid that fits with the straight cut on Jeongyeon's face. "Do you feel better now?"


"I do.", Jeongyeon took Y/N's hand before she could lose it then realized that everyone was staring at her so she stood up and shook Y/N's hand rather. "Ahh. Thank you!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N: Is Jeongyeon alright now?

 


I never had received any message from her and this would be her first message for me? Being annoyed, I immediately erased the message.

 


"Why would you ask about her to me, huh?"


"Are you talking to yourself, unnie?", Sana looked at my side.


"Huh? I wasn't!"


"You just said 'Why would you ask about her to me, huh?'", she didn't have to repeat everything that I said.


"Look! A puppy!", I pointed to the window.


"Where?!", she rolled the car window down. "Wow! Fresh air."

 


She misdirected her own and I was about to laugh at her but I realized that I am also in the wrong direction. Overcoming my guilt but not my sulk, I took my phone and clicked Y/N's name. I sent her Jeongyeon's phone number that's all.

 

 


"Huh? Unknown number?", minutes later I heard Jeongyeon's voice and I was expecting that and was expecting Jihyo to ask about that unknown message which she didn't.


"Who's that?", Chaeyoung tried to eye on Jeongyeon's phone then I looked at the back to where Jihyo was sitting.


"Nothing! An old friend of mine who had time to chat with me!", what is Jihyo thinking?


"Why won't you let me see?", Charyoung pouted and still forced herself.


"Ouch!", Jeongyeon pretended that her wound was moved.


"Sorry, unnie!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"What is happening with you guys?",

 


PD-nim called for a meeting late morning. Last time we had a meeting with Jihyo as the hostess. We knew that this would be a lot different than Jihyo's agenda last time. I stared at Jihyo and she seemed unbothered about it.

 


"These days, a lot is happening. Now, can you tell me what's with your behavior?", everyone had their head facing on the floor. "Jihyo, what you did set the group at risk. That was unethical. I'll have you defend yourself."


"I did what I had to do.", Jihyo was unpleased with the kind of tone the PD had. "They were being too much. I can handle myself every time I am pushed away from my members at the airport. I can handle myself every time the cameras were shoved in my face. I can handle myself when I am bombarded with my appearance. All of those, I could show instability and just wail. Touching my members and ruining others in front of me is way out of line."

 


It's either PD-nim will take Jihyo's enragement lightly or tell her that she's the one who is way out of line. We were holding each other's hands to gain and give strength to one another.

 


"How about you, Im Nayeon?", I had everyone's attention now. "Do you have problems with cars? 2 cars were already crumpled because of you. You have to be careful or else your license would be revoked."


"I understand."


"It is not Nayeon's fault that the driver was drunk while he was driving!", Jeongyeon likes pestering me but does not like it when others are pestering us. "Now, tell us, was he already in jail?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Would you look at that?", Erika was chattering around as she was watching her phone. "That was funny."


"Twice would think that you are their hero for trying to turn those crowd around.", Abegail popped her head out. "We all know that even if they are used to have more massive crowds, it would still be better for them to be alone in privacy."


"Yeah. She's even trending now.", Nicole laughed. "Her video is circulating around social media."


"Though we have lesser customers now compared to before.", I was sorry for Erika.


"Do not ever care about fraudulent people.", grandma came out after a short rest. "They are not worthy to be served."


"Never knew my grandma has this rough side.", Nicole stopped cooking after she heard her grandma say that.


"Do not tolerate evilness."


"Excuse me.", a fully clothed pertain who's hiding her face with a mask and a cap came inside then went directly to where we are standing. "I would like to talk to you."

 


With the word 'you', did she mean me? Is there something to talk with me?