Chapter 23: The Sadness

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


I know it wasn't a long time since we discovered each other. I first hated her. Never thought that the saying "The more you hate, the more you love" truly exists. I didn't even know that every time I hold the steering wheel, I go excited with the thought of seeing her. Every time the sun shines the brightest, I curse not because of the strain in my eyes, because I'd like it to disappear. And when it disappears, she appears. I never knew I would like the rain like this. It's like the rain quenches the thirst my soul feels.

 


"I don't know what's inside of me, Nayeon.", her eyes were fixated on the rain. "Every time it rains, I am recalled that I should not be happy. The sadness inside immerses me."

 


With what she said, I lost desire. What I felt wasn't reciprocated. How could I feel happy when the happiness for me is the sadness for her?

 


"But the rain is the only time that you could be alive except for midnights wherein everyone's asleep.", I'm trying to change her mind. "Do you still despise the rain with that reason?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nayeon.", I didn't hear Jeongyeon calling me though she's right beside me. "Nayeon, look!"

 

 

A flashing light made my eyes grow round. I cannot see the rainfall anymore even with the brightest light.

 


"Yah! What are you trying to do?!", the man came out of his car. "Look at what you've done! You have to pay for this!"

 


The angry man was going wild knowing that it was my mistake why his new car's headlight was shattered. Why am I even on the other side of the street?

 


"Mianhe.", with embarrassment, I still went outside to apologize. "Sure, I will pay for that."


"Oh my gosh! Twice's Im Nayeon!", is he gay?


"Umm?", I took out some cash inside my wallet. "Would this be enough?"


"There's no need to pay me, Nayeon.", what's with the sudden change of mind? "I am honored to be bumped by you."


"I do not need to pay?"


"Of course! I know that you are very stressed out because of your promotions. You might have fallen asleep while driving. I understood why it happened. Don't worry about this. I could afford to fix it."

 


Glad that Y/N isn't here or else I would be reprimanded if I wouldn't do at least one good thing for this man. Sure, I'm gonna do something then. I'm proud to smirk despite my mistake.

 


"How about my autograph?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"What happened to the headlights?", Jihyo was investigating what happened.


"It was nothing.", I then looked at Jeongyeon. "We had a minor accident because of a minor dispute."


"The two of you again?"


"Normal.", Chaeyoung overlooked everything.


"Come inside now. We are gonna have a short meeting.", Jihyo made us hurry. 

 

 


"What am I here for?", Tzuyu was scratching her head.


"Did you do something wrong again, Sana unnie?", Dahyun was eyeing on Sana who clumsily kicked her tibia on the center table.


"Why me?!"


"May I have your attention everyone?", the president walked in so we all sat down. "Wondering why I summoned for us to assemble here?"


"If it was me, and if I knew what the agenda is about, then I wouldn't gather here.", Chaeyoung whispered to Tzuyu.


"Where's your respect?", unluckily, Jihyo heard her. "You rebel."


"Let's get straight to the point now.", with that tone of voice, I bet Mina is playing another game.


"Okay.", here we go. "There is something that most of us didn't know."


"What could it be?", Dahyun pinched her chin to think deeply.


"Another straight to the point, we have to go somewhere after our stage tomorrow."


"How is that statement straight to the point if she did not answer the 3 Ws?", Tzuyu whispered to Chaeyoung this time.


"Mina, will you please sit between the two young ones?", Mina did so, then Jihyo cleared . "That restaurant the 4 went last time, it went to be the hottest talk in the town and not only because of some members going there but also because the food is good. Momo, as the critic, what can you say about it?"


"It was the best!", Momo stood up with her raised arms.


"Then we'll go there tomorrow.", everyone cheered with Jihyo's next statement. "My treat."

 


The hectic moment that we are used to didn't pass by my mind for I am still thinking about her.

 


"However.", everyone behaved when Jihyo spoke immediately again. "After our performance tomorrow, PD-nim needs to talk to us. I suppose that we are gonna go there at midnight. Hot soups, cold alcohols, and deep talks would be perfect during midnights."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 

Why are there a lot of people here outside is staring inside? My height couldn't be compared with the number of the crowd here.

 


"Excuse me? Could I please pass by?", fitting myself in a can of sardines. "I work here."

 


My voice couldn't be heard. They were chattering about something. That shouldn't be my focus because I badly need to work. They shouldn't even stay here outside or else that would stress grandma. Is there an emergency for them to gather around here?

 


"Ahhh! They look so pretty!", cameras all over.


"I wish I could come inside and sit beside them."


"This is a dream come true."


"Twice is the best!"

 


That statement echoed in my ears. Now, I know what the reason these people are spelled to wait here outside.

 


"I said excuse me!", I swear that was the first time I screamed very loud. "I need to work! If you don't have work, mind your own business! Find something that you should work for!"

 


"Yah! Who do you think you are?", a guy looked back at me and he formed a fist then punched it again and again on his palm. "Your small restaurant wouldn't raise up if it wasn't because of Twice. Parasites. We only eat here for us to encounter them."

 


He is a big guy. I am a small one. If a fight breaks out between the two of us, I would be definitely beaten down. A part of me was hurt when he said it's only because of Twice that the restaurant I'm working in was having a lot of customers. I am the one who is a parasite in their fame.

 


"In that case, leave.", my valor, my foolhardy decisions that I might repent soon. "I don't like customers who pretend to like the recipe because of their idols, who don't appreciate the real essence of the foods that were served, who doesn't appreciate grandma's efforts. I realized I am not the only one who is a parasite here. You are all parasites too. Your happiness is dependent on your idols. You don't even have the idea if they are still comfortable with what you are all doing. Obsessive fans. Most dangerous parasites."

 

"What did you say?!"

 


He manned up and his curled fist won't be put to decay. Human as I am, I shut my eyes as a reaction. I waited for a minute. Nothing happened.

 

 

 


"How dare you call her a parasite?"

 


The standing person in front of me was the one who caught the punch. I could see her side profile because of the strong punch. Why did you take that punch for me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 


"I am going out to see what Nayeon and Jeongyeon unnie are about to do.", Jihyo told her members as she panicked because a fight emerged outside. "Nayeon unnie! Jeongyeon unnie!"

 

 

 

It was a disappointment for her to see her member's bleeding face. A curse left to face the one who dared to strike her member.

 

 


"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!"

 


With how enraged she is at the moment, she forgot her name as an idol. She forgot her stage name. She forgot what would happen to their group if this scandal will be published. She didn't mind if her boyfriend would unlove her for acting this way. All Jihyo knows right now was that she is Jisoo. A girl capable of fighting the bad ones like how she went into fights because of those bullies when she was young. She was also Jihyo, the leader of the group who swore from the start to protect her members over her dead body. She was not having it. She landed her toughest punch making the guy fall though the guy fell over her weak, bleeding member making them fall together. The only one that was left standing is the girl whom her member saved. Why did she save you?

 


"You look so familiar."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Who's teaser will be released tonight? Comment down!