Chapter 10: The Secret

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"What are you looking for, unnie?", Dahyun followed me as I kept on searching all around this place.


"My doll.", I am worried that maybe she left me.


"Why? Where did you last place her?"


"She's just right beside me last night.", I tried hard to think then I saw Momo opened her door and came out. "You!"


"Me?", Momo pointed herself as I rushed towards her.


"You took her last time! Where is she right now?", I did not wait for her answer as I went inside her room and her dolls were arranged well on the shelves. "Ahh! Y/N, where are you? The room is a bit cleaner. Jeongyeon."

 


And there goes Jeongyeon standing outside her door not looking at me. Her face was dead serious as she is sort of contemplating her mind.

 


"I was playing with Y/N last night.", Momo started to speak. "Didn't I return it to your room? I think I returned her. Was it just a dream? Unnie, look at your room again."


"I am certain she's not there."

 


I left everyone as I went outside to search for her there. The bushes! Yes, she's here! Thank you, I finally found you. Unbeknownst to me, Jeongyeon followed me in searching for her. Her eyes widened as she also saw Y/N from the bushes.

 


"I was wondering how did you easily find your doll here?.", I turned around when I heard Jeongyeon's voice. "What's more strange was that why is your doll over here out of all the places?"


"Umm.", please think of a reason.


"Nevermind.", Jeongyeon tucked her hands inside her pocket as she went back inside. "Take care of her."

 


A soft sigh came out from my mouth. I'm glad she let it slide. If only I was clever enough, I could've defended myself in the most unexpected spot. I'm glad I'm safe from Jeongyeon's speculation.

 


"We made rules. How could you put me in danger again?", I shook my doll.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 


"You seemed so distracted, Jeong.", Momo surprised Jeongyeon but she did not even recoil with her action. "What's up?"

 


Momo waited for a response but Jeongyeon was only sternly gazing at her. She moved her head to the right and then left and Jeongyeon mirrored her actions just to look straight at her eyes.

 


"Momo.", Jeongyeon shook Momo's shoulders. "Haven't you noticed anything about Nayeon's doll?"


"Huh?", Momo was confused twice as much as Jeongyeon. "You mean, Y/N? She's a good doll!"


"Aish. That's not what I meant!", Jeongyeon finally let go of Momo. "Forget I even spoke about her."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I noticed that you've been pacing back and forth gawking at Nayeon unnie's room." Tzuyu was scrutinizing Jeongyeon's action. "What are you up to?"


"H-huh? Me?", Jeongyeon stammered. "Yah! You just misinterpreted my actions! It just happened that I was staring at her room! Mind your own business!"


"Just happened but there are times that you would also attach your ears on the door?"


"Yah! Tzuyu! I told you to mind your own business!"


"I also noticed that you kept on mentioning that you don't have someone to date.", Tzuyu taunted the elder. "Jeongyeon unnie? Perhaps, do you like Nayeon unnie?"

 


Her long legs stopped moving as if she was paralyzed by what she heard. Out of all the people, she would like Nayeon? That was a big joke to hear for Jeongyeon.

 


"You are kidding, right?"


"No."


"No."


"Denial stage." Tzuyu is reinforcing the thought of making Jeongyeon leave the area.


"Think what you want.", there was an annoyed one, there was a happy one. "I'm gonna come back later."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"You have some explaining to do later!", I muffled as I was changing Y/N's clothes again. "I was nearly caught, Y/N! I thought we have some rules here! You will be rigorously punished!"

 


Eyes that look like it didn't do something wrong. I rested beside my doll. When can you talk back to me? I wanted to know what happened last night. Did someone toss you outside intentionally? I wish I could guard you at all costs.

 


"Didn't you transform this afternoon?", I continued communicating with her though I wouldn't get an answer. "Alright."

 


A paper and pen were placed on top of my desk as I'm about to write her a letter. If I can't wake up in times you could, I hope you'll read what I'm about to tell you then. Aish. No. Not this. A crumpled paper was thrown to my trash bin but it did not go inside so it rolled somewhere. I'll wake up for you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 


"Finally, Tzuyu is not here anymore.", Jeongyeon pondered to herself as she went back directly to Nayeon's door. "She's not singing anymore, huh? I guess she's finally asleep then."

 


The doorknob was twisted but couldn't be completely twisted because it is locked. Jeongyeon was becoming impatient. That secret should be revealed soon. That's what Jeongyeon wants to know. Without any chance, she moved away from the door. No, she's gonna make a move. She better.

 


"Jihyo."

 


With a slow pace, someone entered Jihyo's room this time. She needed this. Where is it? Three drawers were opened until the key was there. She wanted to thank Jihyo yet she cannot.

 


"Huh? It's already 11:49?", that's what she said when she saw the time on Jihyo's clock. "I've gotta go now."

 


With the closed door, someone's eyes opened. This would be a double kill. A lot will be exposed. A lot will know. Who knows? Let's find out later. 

 


"Here we go, Jeongyeon."

 


The key penetrated on Nayeon's door making it open and making Jeongyeon achieve her goal. She looked around the room and saw Nayeon sleeping tightly. She was glad that it wouldn't be too hard for her to do what she is planning to do.

 


"Now, where is that living doll?", she messed up some of Nayeon's things but would return them to its place. "Why isn't she here?"

 


Her hands were now on her trunk. What are you waiting for, Jeongyeon? Are you waiting for the magic to come? One thing caught her eyes, it was the closet. She slowly walked towards there. The sound of the closet made her look back if she awakened the latter. It was a relief she didn't. Ransacking through the clothes, she still found nothing.

 


"Had she disappeared?", she was almost giving up. "Maybe she left by herself because I discovered her last night. Maybe I am paranoid. It was her face, right? It was the doll!"

 


Turning back, she looked at Nayeon again. She tried to lift the blanket. There you go! She lifted Nayeon's arms who was embracing the doll tightly. Please, don't wake up!

 


"Finally!"

 


The time just clicked to 11:59. Jeongyeon who was holding the doll was about to leave. Who wouldn't leave if you got what you needed already?

 


"Not so fast.", a growling sound was heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Shorter chapter than the usual! Advance happy birthday, Nayeon! 🥳❤️