Chapter 7: The Owner

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Yes! I swear! You are my doll!", I repeated again and again as the person in front of me won't believe what I'm saying. "Look, I don't know where to start. It's just, you are transforming into a human every midnight!"

 


A hysterical laugh was all that she gave me. How could she even have a lack of knowledge about what she had become? My members think there's something wrong about me and even this girl in front of me thinks the same thing when she is even the reason why this is all happening to me.

 


"Y/N.", I tried to stop her from laughing. "I am very sleepy now. Too bad I can't stay for a long time to talk to you about this. Aish. Why do you even come alive at midnight?"


"You just called me by name.", there was a bounce on my bed when she sat on it. "How about you? What is your name?"


"Just call me.", I went to my bed and pushed her away. "Nayeon. I'm the owner."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Another alarm clock meant for today. We are gonna prepare for our next comeback which means that we are all gonna be busy today. Let me see first where Y/N went. Hmm? Why is she nowhere to be found? It is painful to remember when I pushed her outside and found her on the bushes. Yeah. She might've slept there.

 


"Nayeon unnie?!", Jihyo's voice was yelling louder than my alarm clock's sound. "Why is she here?!"

 

"Huh?", I forgot everything and went to the living room to find what Jihyo meant. "Aish."

 


Oh no. Y/N was sitting on the chair in the kitchen. Why of all the places you chose to be there?! The members were simultaneously looking at me and my doll. I know their doubts.

 


"Did you bring her over here?", Jihyo interrogated me in a way like she was acting like Sherlock Holmes. 


"Umm. Yes, I ate here last night. I might've forgotten to take her back with me cause I was exhausted."


"That's strange. Nothing was taken from the refrigerator.", I will pinch you Momo for inspecting that frickin' refrigerator.


"You are more strange. How could you memorize all of the refrigerator's content and be stupid on other stuff?", Tzuyu bumped Momo away as she closed the refrigerator.


"Yah!"


"I have foods that I bought last time! I just felt like it would be better to eat in the kitchen!", I'm freaking, freaking out.


"How about we focus on our breakfast cause we are about to go to the company in 10 minutes?!", Dahyun showed us the time making all of us shriek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And cut!", the director clapped his hands. "You may now take a break."


"Thank you!", we all uttered as we scattered around the set and found the most comfortable area for us.


"Where's your doll?", Momo crawled her way towards me. "I want to play with her."


"You cannot play with her.", caution.


"Why not?!", Momo sulked.


"If you wanna play dress up, just play it with your phone.", my doll is not an ordinary doll to be played.


"I want to play!"


"Momo, I am the owner. You listen to me."

 


At the corner of my eyes, I noticed that it wasn't Momo who took the doll. It wasn't even Momo that I should be cautious with.

 


"Yah! Sana!", I grabbed the doll aggressively from her making her shock but did not give in to me immediately. "Give her back to me!"


"I won't!", we are like kids playing tug of war.


"She is hurting!"


"Hurting?", she immediately let go of my doll making me fall backward with no one to catch me this time, unlike the last time. "The doll was hurt? How come?"


"Kids.", Mina tried to get our attention.


"How could a non-living thing be hurt, unnie?", Sana helped me up this time. "That's not possible!"


"Yah! Sana! Owners who really care about their things would try to protect it. We developed an attachment with our things!"

 


For a moment, I felt safe with Momo's reason. No one dared to ask another question again as we were called to resume our jobs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahh! I'm so exhausted!", I plopped myself on my bed. "Is this a new normal for me now? To wake up every midnight? That's too tiring! But I don't have a choice since this thing only works at midnight!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No One's POV

 


"We still have a schedule for tomorrow, aren't you going to sleep yet?", Mina sat beside Jihyo who was drinking a cup of tea. "Do you have worries? Is it about Nayeon unnie again?"

 


She from her cup as it made the tea travel in her digestive system to soothe her. A leader worries too much for her members. She knows she cannot make it serious.

 


"Are we stressed enough to act like this somehow, Mina?"

 


Mina couldn't straightly answer. It would lead her back to the past wherein she needed a lot of time to rest from the schedules. She cannot simply answer that question.

 


"I'm sorry about that.", Jihyo rubbed her temples. "I shouldn't have talked it out to you."


"No, it's alright. I know being a leader is hard cause you will have to watch all of us.", Mina patted Jihyo's back. "That's not a problem for me. You are the best leader anyone could ever ask for."


"Thank you, Mina.", the month-older was somehow comforted. "I am just gonna ask PD-nim for a break."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


11:35?! 25 minutes more until I could talk to her again. I wanted to ask her about what her mind could barely remember. I looked behind my back but she was not here! Oh no! Not another trouble again.

 


"Y/N-ya~", I softly call her to know her whereabouts. "Please, show yourself to me. If you were hurt this morning, I'm sorry."

 


I searched all around this room to find traces of her but I couldn't find her. It's not yet midnight. She hasn't transformed yet, right? Unless there's another factor that could make her transform into a human!

 


"Y/N ya~"

 


I called again and again but to no avail. If she had already transformed, she would answer me immediately. What's going on?

 


"I am not having fun. If you are being childish and would prefer to play hide and seek, I would beat you. This is not funny anymore."

 


Did she leave this house?! She could've done that because she was annoyed with me and my members! Okay, bye then. No, what if she's lingering again in the kitchen and in the living room? No, not yet midnight. What if I misplaced her?! If she transforms into a human and a member has seen her, she would be doomed.

 


". It's 11:55."

 


I dashed through my door running all around the house trying to lift my feet on the air while running to prevent any noise. No, where are you? Please, not now. No more suffering anymore. Only 1 minute left! There you are! Here are my hands! Hold me!

 


"Nayeon?", a light clicked and lightened the hallway making me fall down on the floor for another time.