Chapter 29: The Picture

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Aren't you gonna answer it?", Jeongyeon was still looking at me. "Answer now."

 


Without a doubt, I skipped Jeongyeon by taking out my phone. I placed the phone in my ear directly not looking at the screen.

 


"Yeoboseyo?"


"Unnie!", it was Jihyo. "I thought you were together with Jeongyeon, Mina and Momo!"


"Yes, we are.", my eyebrows hoisted. "Why? Do you need something from them?"


"Where are they right now? As in right now."


"In their rooms. Jeongyeon and I were outside the hotel."


"They weren't in their rooms, unnie!", Jihyo shrieked through the phone making Jeongyeon ask what's wrong.


"How can you say that?", I laughed a nervous laugh. "Will you please calm down? What's happening with you?"


"They are together with Y/N."

 


That suspended our world. Jeongyeon took the phone from me and set it to loudspeaker to hear her more accurately.

 


"You still there?"


"This is Jeongyeon speaking."


"Open our group chat and see it yourself."

 


Jeongyeon closed the call for a moment. Indeed, they were outside the hotel. They were spending time in a place that we didn't yet know.

 


"The picture was sent to the manager recently.", Jihyo voiced out again. "And it was from an unknown number. Zoom in Y/N's face."

 


We did as we were told. We set the brightness of my phone to the fullest. I even wore my glasses to see what's in there. There's a small red dot on Y/N's head. A laser? Someone's threatening her!

 


"Who sent this?!", Jeongyeon was full of ferocity that both of us started running to search for their location. "I swear that was that creep who landed a punch on my face!"

 


While running, I took Jeongyeon's phone and being her best friend, I unlocked the phone undoubtedly. Mina, please answer the phone. Unattended. How about you, Momo? Cannot be reached. Don't they know how to use phones?

 


"Tell me your location so I could help you sort this out.", it's better if Jihyo shouldn't.


"The place is very far away."


"I'll still go."

 


"Excuse me? Do you know this place?", I asked the locals while Jeongyeon was dealing with Jihyo.


"Oh. That's not far from here. It's just over there.", the man pointed a few meters from here.


"Thank you, ahjussi.", I held his hand to thank him.

 


"No, Jihyo. We could do this on our own.", Jeongyeon turned off the call and we knew it's for the best or else Jihyo will be the next one to find out about Y/N. "Now, where did that man pointed?"

 


My finger pointed the way while we were running very fast. Indeed, they were there laughing as they were drinking tea. I looked at the spot where the place from the photo was set. No one was there. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"All of you, go out now.", Nayeon was running while whispering at us.


"Yah! We haven't even finished the tea yet!"


"I don't care."

 


I could only feel the pulling of my arms and I could see Mina and Momo dumbly following me to not gain the attention of people. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, swiped her card to pay.

 


"That's on me.", Jeongyeon patted her sweatshirt.


"Wow! Thank you!", Momo beamed at the thought.


"That's because we're on a rush.", Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. "You are gonna treat me next time."

 


"It's still unclear why you decided to grab Y/N out of nowhere.", Mina was somehow aggravated.


"Aren't you even watching your phones?", Nayeon was more annoyed compared to Mina. "We've been calling you for ages."


"Wae?", Mina pursued answers. "My phone was charging since my battery drained because of playing games the whole ride."


"Oops. I turned my airplane mode to stop Heechul from asking too many questions while I'm on a trip."


"Aigoo."


"Is there any problem?", I decided to speak up.

 


Nayeon and Jeongyeon found it hard to explain to me but I saw Nayeon showing her phone to Mina and Momo ignoring me.

 


"We'll be leaving early in the morning tomorrow.", Nayeon frowned and continued to ignore me.


"What is it about?", I tried it with Momo this time.


"A-ahh."


"It's not for you to know, Y/N.", Mina stopped me from bothering Momo. "Do not mind it."

 


I know that something is going on that involves me, but if I ask too much, they would try to burden themselves more by hiding the secret most possibly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"All set?"

 


Jeongyeon and I opened the door to see if everyone was ready. The sun is shining brightly outside.

 


"Make it fast, Momoring.", Jeongyeon carried the things. "It's already 7. We're a bit late than what we had planned."


"Sleepy", Momo was carrying the doll yet was walking groggily.


"Give me that.", I took my doll from her before she could break it accidentally due to her movements.


"Why?!", she became wide awake.


"She loves her doll so much that's why.", Mina winked at Momo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Our vacation day wasn't enough!", Momo keeps on complaining at the back. "By the way, we haven't passed this road yesterday."

 


The road was different than yesterday. We were passing by a lot of buildings yesterday, but this time, the sceneries are filled with nature which made the wind more purified compared to the other side. Y/N was sitting on Mina's lap.

 


"This is a shortcut.", I said shortly.


"If it's the shortcut, why didn't we pass here yesterday instead?", Momo was in wonder as she watched the view outside. "We could've arrived earlier! We could've enjoyed more!"


"Pabo. You know we were searching on the giftshops in every city yesterday!", Jeongyeon slapped her own face. "If you have nothing good to ask, then stop asking."


"Let's twist the topic.", Mina raised her arm this time. "We were in a luxurious tea shop yesterday."


"And then?", Mina is adding some nonsense talk also.


"Last time, I saw a statement from the owner where that creep was working. He mentioned that he fired him instantly knowing that he was able to lay a finger in a Twice member. The owner is a Once."


"And where is this conversation going Mina?", I raised a brow.


"Of course! The owner is going to fire him or else his business will go down because of the issue. A lot of Onces were bashing him and suggests him to have some professional consultation! I saw their posts!", Jeongyeon was caressing her face as she remembered that moment again.


"He was working on a small business which means he doesn't earn much.", I don't know why Mina is talking about him. "There's no doubt that he was the one who took the photo considering that I was able to see him clearly that time he was following Y/N."


"Yeah! There's no doubt it's him! I am gonna wreck him when I see him!"


"Jeongyeon, calm down. I'm driving. You are distracting me.", I nudged at her.


"Going back, we went to a luxurious tea shop yesterday."


"There you go again, Mina."


"Kindly listen.", Mina hushed all of us. "He's been working for 3 months according to the owner that made it easier to fire him. Considering the months that he had worked, how could he immediately become luxurious? Looking at what he was wearing that time, he was wearing branded clothes. Geez."

 


The thought made Mina shiver so she grabbed a blanket to cover her body though the sun was scorching hot.

 


"Considering the quality of the image he had sent also.", Mina pointed out. "I am pretty sure he had an expensive phone. The picture. The megapixels when he tried to zoom the picture which he might have taken faraway from our table. It was something."


"What are you pointing out right now?"


"How did he even contacted our manager? How did he have his phone number? A stalker or a hacker?", Mina is a very good detective. "In conclusion, I am saying that maybe he is working for someone else."


"But for whom?!"

 


I stepped on the breaks to focus on Mina's theory but we were distracted on our discussion when a sudden light appeared making us cover our eyes.

 


"Ahh!", Mina moaned when she felt the weight on her knees.


"Y/N?!", that got all of us in shock and we looked outside yet it wasn't raining.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Why do you all seem so shocked?", and why am I taller than anyone else although I'm sitting? "Is there another magical thing that happened to me?"

 


The shock was plastered on their faces that even if I say hello again, their faces won't return back into normal.

 


"Hello.", I still said it.


"C-can you please sit appropriately, Y/N? My legs are hurting.", Mina was speaking behind me so I looked at her and realized that I was sitting on her lap.


"Ahh! Sorry!", I blushed and even bumped my head on the car's ceiling. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

 


Everyone who couldn't say a thing just pointed on the window for me to realize what just happened.

 


"Y/N, it is not raining.", Mina is the only one who could say a thing. "How could you be here right now?"

 


My head followed the gestures of the three who had not spoken a thing until now. We are on a cliff. The sea had the color teal that your eyes could appreciate the most while looking from the top. The cliff is sharp enough. It would be dangerous if you would fall on this cliff. Why does this place make me feel a thing that weakened me?

 


"Where am I?"