Chapter 36: The Surprise

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"Huh?", I opened my eyes in a brilliant sunlight and 5 people are gawking at me queerly.


"So, it's true!", Jihyo, with some patches on her body, was able to say. "She comes alive in this place!"


"Yeah! We said so!"

 


Turning away from them, we are parked on the cliff again. Everyone went out, and guided me to feel the fresh breeze.

 


"This is the surprise we planned for you, Y/N.", Jeongyeon took my hand, ensuring that I won't fall down the cliff.


"Is there a magnet pulling you in this place, Y/N?", Mina faced me. "You said last time there's a strange feeling bothering you in this place."


"Is it because of the sea?", Momo placed her arms over my shoulder.


"I know nothing."

 


The sea was starting to be covered by the dark skies. The sky's color was getting gray.

 


"Should we go down to find out what's in there?", Jihyo was looking underneath. "This could be a retarded idea but maybe, just maybe, her world is over there. Somewhere."

 


Nayeon started to take a step a little, but refused to take a further step. Nayeon looked at me with loneliness in her eyes. She wanted to try but she doesn't want to die. To not die right away.

 


"It's very steep.", Nayeon hesitated. "We shouldn't do this. We are gonna need some materials for us to go down there."


"Let's wait for someone to help us then.", Momo stared at our car. "I wonder why there aren't a lot of people here. No one passes by here."


"Yeah.", Mina kept on thinking.


"Cause this is an accident-prone area.", Jeongyeon just explained it easily. "A lot of people had an accident here."


"Why is that so?", Momo continued along with questions like a kid. "Is there a white lady showing up here?"


"Knowing how curvaceous and high is this area, there's no doubt that people would have an accident here."


"When will Momo think as Mina does?", Jihyo inexplicably said.


"Yah!"


"Momo! Not in this place! Weren't you listening to the story?!"

 


Momo was about to lift a fist, but we stopped her before doing so. Before the surprise for me would be ruined. Before someone would be involved in an accident. Now, we know the reason why the color of the sea changed.

 


"Inside the car! I'll drive faster", Nayeon waved over, so we followed her. "Wait. Why doesn't it turn on?"

 


She clicked the key again and again. All the car could give is an eerie sound. Everybody was freaked out in this place

 


"Yah! Pabo!", Jeongyeon flicked Nayeon's forehead. "Can't you see the gasoline is turning red?!"


"Mina, have you forgotten to go to a gasoline station?", Jihyo asked in disbelief.


"That's the last thing I have in my mind.", Mina peeked in the front, scratching her scalp. "It wasn't even halfway yet. How could this happen? I'm not that stupid to not notice about this."


"Aish.", Jihyo went out of the car even though it was raining lightly. "The gasoline was dropping and we did not even notice it when we went out."


"Huh?"

 


Everyone went outside of the car to witness what Jihyo was talking about. The gasoline was going with the flow of the rain towards the cliff falling.

 


"Come on! Before finding the help of someone in going down that cliff, we should probably find a place to stay in!", Mina caught the raindrops on her hand. "The trees over there. In the middle of the forest."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


No one could easily beat Mina and Jihyo in planning, so we trusted Mina. It got darker and darker as we went through the trees. It got darker not because of the foggy clouds. It's because of the place itself.

 


"Uhm. Mina?", Momo was walking in between us, cause she was really scared. "Where are we? Are we lost?"


"I don't even know where we are right now.", Mina was checking on her phone. "There's no signal. Even the compass doesn't function so well."


"This is worse than the place we went early in the morning!"

 


I was carrying Y/N, who is slow in running, careful that she wouldn't be pulled back by the branches of the trees. Jeongyeon was also guarding me, but I know she's doing it to guard Y/N indirectly.

 


"Run!"

 


The rain went massive. It wasn't just droplets anymore. Everyone was running although we are already saturated.

 

 

"Over there!"

 


Mina was leading us and Momo was shrieking because of the soft soil and the mud. Over there, is the surprise that we'd like for now. A cabin in the middle of the woods.

 


"Hello!", Jihyo was knocking on the door. "Anybody home?!"

 


No one was answering so we lined up ourselves first on the edge of the roof. Jihyo kept on knocking vigorously.

 


"Had you tried if it was unlocked?", Mina's eyes were blinking because of the raindrops. "We don't have a choice! Just try it, Ji."

 


Although everyone feels bad about what we are going to do, Jihyo still opened the door before we'll get ill.

 


"Huh?", we are inspecting if there's someone in here. "No one's truly here."

 


We lit the fireplace first and took off our clothes to dry them near the fireplace. No malice. We always see each other's bodies. Y/N immediately turned to a doll when the rain ended.

 


"There are no foods.", Momo pouted as she sat near the fireplace. "What have we done?"


"You sure there are no foods?", that alarmed Jeongyeon. "What?! There isn't even a refrigerator here?"

 


We roamed around to familiarize ourselves in this small home. There's nothing much. It's just a normal house except that this home, doesn't have any living creature living here.

 


"The room's locked.", I kept on clicking the door.


"You let it be.", Jihyo grabbed me back. "It's not like we're gonna stay long here. The owner could come back soon. If he or she finds out that we are keying their room, it would make them have a wrong impression of us."


"Why is there even this kind of place in this isolated area?", Jeongyeon was a bit annoyed, because of the fact that there's no food in this place.


"I'd like to have the same thing.", Mina was interested. "Tranquillity."


"Jihyo-ya!", Momo was kicking on the air. "I'm hungry! My stomach's growling!"


"That's the call.", Jihyo sighed as a leader. "Considering that it isn't raining now, we have no choice but to look around this forest. Momo, you'll be left here."


"What?!", Momo was alarmed. "Why are you gonna leave me in this secluded area? What if someone would murder me here?! I'm gonna come with you!"


"You can just lock the door! We aren't gonna go far away from here! Guard Y/N while we are hunting for something to deposit inside your stomach. Nayeon and Jeongyeon unnie, you go together. I'll have Mina. In an hour, everyone should be already here with or without achieving our mission"


"Why us?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"This is sick."

 


Jeongyeon was carrying a wooden stick with her, to clear the dead leaves along the way.

 


"Yah. Jeongyeon.", she turned her back at me. "I just wanted to say thank you."


"What for?"


"For saving Y/N on time."


"I didn't do it for you.", she continued hunting. "I did it for her."


"Do we feel the same thing, Jeongyeon?", the bond that I wouldn't want to break.


"I guess we do."

 


We faced each other with sadness on the left eye and a bit of anger on the right eye. Not this time. We felt something troubling in the bushes making us be ready for whatever comes out.

 


"Show yourself!"

 


Just then, a hare hopped from the bushes. Don't stare at me like that, Jeongyeon. This is a match! We ran after the hare replacing each other in the front.

 

 

"Don't stop me! This is for our sake!"


"You'd be killing me if you kill that one, Jeongyeon!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What have you got from the dark side of the forest?", they were there first. "I said one hour is enough, where were you? You probably should've caught something considering that you wasted a lot of time."


"If it wasn't because of this bunny who thinks that hare is her real family.", I glared at Jeongyeon who was glaring back at me.


"How could you shed that poor creature's blood?!", if I could only cry without being called a crybaby.


"How about you?"


"Luck wasn't on our side.", Mina shrugged and went away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


I woke up once again this midnight. It's a disappointment to see that Momo was talking herself to sleep. The rest looks hopeless. Suddenly, the main door clicked making everyone stand.

 


"Who are you?! What are you doing inside my home?! Intruders!"

 


Everyone was scared, and they were searching for reasons to explain to this middle-aged woman. That pale face with silvery hairs. She looked at the members one by one until her eyes reached Nayeon and then to me, that got her astonished.

 


"Why are you staring at me like that?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Play Zepeto now! I'm with Mina! ❤️