Chapter 18: The World

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"We have a schedule later in the afternoon and Y/N is right here in front of us. Jihyo is gonna crash in your room later to check on us. Y/N is not safe!", Jeongyeon carried me on her back. "I bet everyone's still sleeping now so we have to move!"

 


Momo went outside first looking right and left if there are signs of movement from their groupmates. The scene is clear. Jeongyeon placed a cap on my head to hide me if ever someone catches me. Nayeon was on my back barring the view if someone comes out.

 


"Now, where are we going?", Momo looked back when we are already outside.


"Nayeon, you drive!", Jeongyeon already had the car keys.


"Yes!", Nayeon drove the car near us then we entered without letting the pain in bumping our heads stop us. "Where are we off to?"


"Turn your phones on and find a house for rent or even for sale!", Jeongyeon fiddled on her phone searching for something.


"What did Jeongyeon mean by that?", I eyed on Momo's phone.


"Don't worry! We are doing this for you!", Momo pecked me on the cheek.


"Yah! What are you trying to do there over the back?!", Nayeon was honking her car even though there aren't any barriers in front of us. "Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon! You transfer in the back! It's not good to make my doll uncomfortable because Momo is being clingy!"


"Yeah! I agree with that!", Jeongyeon went immediately then opened the car door pulling Momo to get outside.


"Ahh. What's wrong with comforting Y/N by a kiss?!", Momo was struggling with Jeongyeon.


"Yah! That's not what I meant, Jeongyeon! Y/N, come here in the front immediately!"

 


Momo's back hit me making me go out involuntarily. There was a motorcycle going towards me. The lane where he is driving isn't his lane! It's morning, why is his motorcycle's light on? The speed. Any second from now, I'm gonna get bumped. The two inside are still arguing. I closed my eyes. Why am I not hit yet? I opened my eyes again to see the motorcycle and the driver lying on the wet streets. Together with the water is a mixture of red. The car door on the driver's side was already opened. The car door was crumpled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


"What do you think you're doing, huh?", I stepped in front of the reckless driver.


"You shouldn't act like that, Nayeon!", Jeongyeon jumped over the car like an action star, perks of having long legs.


"Then, tell me how should I react with what he just did?", don't ever dare me.


"You have to act like this.", Jeongyeon dragged the driver by the collar and was about to punch him making me shock with her actions.


"Jeongyeon!", Y/N closed her eyes scared that Jeongyeon would land a punch.


"You get inside, Y/N!", Y/N's voice halted her hand halfway. "Momo, take her in."


"No!", Y/N went to Jeongyeon and held her hand, she could feel Jeongyeon's force. "Look at him. He is bathing with his own blood. Why hurt this guy more?"

 


Jeongyeon isn't buying it. I know we are all protecting Y/N, but Y/N is right. This doesn't have to go far. Do not bring justice in your own hands.

 


"Jeongyeon, that's enough.", I pulled her back. "You are an idol. You aren't gonna bring this kind of scandal to our group, would you? Cause this kind of scandal is worse than discovering Y/N. Now, move."

 


There was a heavy movement on her feet when I swiftly pulled her. Y/N doesn't want to leave the man alone but I motioned my head for her to get inside the car. I assured her I'll handle it making her smile thankfully at me.

 


"Momo, call an ambulance.", I started the engine once again. "And call our lawyer. I won't let it pass. He smells alcohol. He was drunk driving."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


We arrived in front of a small home. There weren't many houses around this area. With money, we are able to deal with it. We can manage.

 


"Y/N, I think it's best for you to stay still here.", being her owner, I should be the one to explain to her.


"Don't worry!", she allowed it. "You did not have to explain furthermore."


"Your Momo will always come here to visit you!", Momo hugged Y/N once again.


"Ahh. I remember you are going to have another schedule in the afternoon.", Y/N told us. "You have to go now. I can handle myself here!"


"You sure you'll be okay?", Jeongyeon's hand landed in Y/N's shoulder.


"Yah! You did not have to come most of the time just to find out if all's well for me."

 


Jeongyeon nodded and walked outside. I stepped in front of Y/N and smiled at her. Seeing her having to endure all of these made me wanna wish for a longer vacation. I wonder why do I also seek for her instead of having fun if we are able to have a vacation again.

 


"Before you speak that you are sorry again, know that I am still thankful for you.", she spun around looking at the ceiling of the house. "You provided me with everything that you can, Nayeon. You are doing your best."


"Did I?"


"You are the best!"


"Am I the best?", I am the best for her and that's all that I needed to hear from her to make everything worth it.


"You should go now, your majesty.", she bent after her long spun. "We will never know if the rain will stop or if it'll get harder. While it is still what it is, go now."

 


Why did those words hit me as if I was about to go through an accident? The accident. She encountered an accident awhile ago. Should I go now? Should I really leave her?

 


"Yah! We need our driver!", beep! The car was honking because of Momo. "Palli!"


"Hurry. They are waiting at you.", she smiled at me.


"Keep safe.", and the next words were whispered by me. "For me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


It's finally midnight! I've got no one by my side. No one will find out who I am. No one will find out what I am. Is this finally a moment of freedom?! I opened my personal closet and took some clothes that were left by them. A mirror? Wait, why do I look more mature like I was already in my adulthood stage? I touched my face. How did I look like this? Then I realized, why did I have the instinct not to call Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Momo, unnie when they are already adult? The last time I saw myself in the mirror. I was young. My size was like that doll. Did I skip time?

 

 

 

"How did I have partly immature thinking and partly mature thinking?", I was walking outside and it's the first time that I was alone. "Lights? Buildings?"

 


A walk in the city this night. A view that was new in my eyes because I am finally alone. I ran around happy as I am. This is youth.

 


"Excuse me!", someone bumped me. "You're blocking the way."

 


My patella hit the ground. With the rubbing cloth, I could confirm that I got a wound different from the wound you would enjoy during childhood.

 


"I'm sorry.",

 


People were staring at me strangely so I decided to behave. The world scares me. The glass in my side. Toys! Why are these toys new to my eyes? A lot of toys. I did not realize that I stepped inside.

 


"Were you looking for something ma'am?", the girl followed me.


"I'd like this.", I smiled at her.


"That's worth 70000 won, ma'am.", she smiled back at me. "Let's go to the counter for you to pay."


"Pay?", I have nothing to pay. "Can't I borrow this?"

 


The people turned their heads in surprise as if I did a crime when I asked that question. What is this place anyway?

 


"Look, ma'am. This is a toy shop. If you don't have the money with you, you can now leave."

 


My eyes looked down as I let go of the bear that I was holding. I just needed that bear to have someone by my side. To comfort me.

 


"Crazy woman."


"Maybe she is a thief."


"She should be in a mental hospital."

 


Are they talking about me? Why can't they say it right in front of me? Why do I feel hurt when they are talking about me like that?

 


"You come with me.", a hand seized me and took me somewhere.