Chapter 32: The Teddy

Once Upon A Time (Twice's Nayeon x You)

 

 


Y/N's POV

 


"Nothing.", she stood up. "Let's just take this out. We gotta go now."


"Okay."

 


Jihyo's hand wasn't leaving me alone and she's being wary on the surroundings while she's calling on the phone.

 


"Nayeon unnie, lock your car door.", she whispered on the phone.


"Wae?", because Jihyo tucked me tight on her side, I could also hear Nayeon's voice.


"Just lock your door. We're almost there. Just lock it now.", Jihyo dropped the phone call and faced me. "Y/N, I just realized something."


"What is it?"


"I'm calling someone again, okay?", she held my shoulders. "Don't panic. I assure you everything will be alright."


"Okay."


"Jeongyeon unnie.", another call again. "Can you do a favor for me?"


"No, I'm sleeping well."


"The favor involves Y/N."


"What is it?", a sudden twist.


"I need you to drive here but please bring someone with you."


"Are you in trouble? Is Y/N alright there?", Jeongyeon started to move. "Mina, can you come together with me? Are you awake? Yah! Mina! Stop playing games!"


"What?!", that was Mina's soft sulking voice that you can't easily imagine.


"Jeong, you listen to me.", there's no time left. "You drive the car on the fire exit. You'll meet Y/N there. I'll call you again."

 


Jihyo stopped calling anybody and focused her stare at me. She was anxious, but she grabbed me along with her then went to the manager.

 


"Can you do something for me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV

 


What Jihyo told me a while ago scared me a bit so I turned off the vehicle after locking everything. She doesn't get scared easily but she was really serious. When are they coming back here? A knocking sound on my window was heard so I adjusted the car seat to bend over. Just then, my phone rang. I'm seriously dead this time.

 


"Jihyo-ya, when are you coming here? Someone's knocking on my window for a whole minute! Palli!"


"Pabo! It's me, Jihyo.", the one outside could be heard clearly. "Open the door! I've been knocking for a whole minute."

 


My head slowly popped up to recognize that it was indeed Jihyo who was knocking. Her face looks like a ghost. I clicked the unlock button then she fastened herself on the seat.

 


"What took you so long to open the door?!"


"You told me to lock it!", I answered back then started the engine but when I looked at the back, I paused for a moment. "Wait, where's my Y/N?"


"I'm gonna start explaining now."


"You left her?!", I stepped on the gasoline and rushed back to the place.


"Do not go back there, Im Nayeon!", Jihyo was stealing the steering wheel from me. "Please, listen to me for a moment before we are gonna have another accident again!"


"I'm not leaving her behind!"


"I need you to trust me this time!", she didn't stop bothering me. "Jeongyeon is coming over to pick her up on the fire exit. I asked the manager for help."


"I entrusted her to you!"


"We needed to do this before the stalker will find out that she's been coming together with us!", Jihyo nudged my face making me step on the break accidentally. "The stalker is not only after Y/N. He's after you!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y/N's POV

 


"Remind me why am I gonna wait here?", I asked the manager who was looking attentively until a car parked in front of the exit light.


"Y/N!", Jeongyeon came out from the front seat. "Are you okay?"


"Thanks for handling her.", Mina appreciated the manager.


"No problem.", the manager smiled as she went back inside the store.


"Get inside the car now."

 


I followed their demands then Jeongyeon drove away on a short route. I was so confused why Jihyo and Nayeon weren't here.

 


"What's happening? Where's Jihyo and Nayeon?"


"Jihyo asked for my help.", Jeongyeon explained. "She needed to separate you from them in the stalker's view."


"The mastermind is after Nayeon and that stalker is after you.", Mina added. "Jihyo was a smart one. They were trying to find out what's going on with both you and Nayeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Nayeon's POV

 


"Remind me why we took this longer route.", I was facing Jihyo who keeps on dictating what should I do and where should I go.


"We're almost home. Why do you keep on complaining?"


"Cause I can't move on from the fact that you just left her there alone."


"It's for the best!", Jihyo was raising her arms in defeat. "And we are taking a longer route since maybe the stalker could be following us. Rest assured, Y/N is home already and they wouldn't see her following us. They would talk about the whole members the moment they discover Y/N riding with other members."

 


I couldn't contemplate everything that Jihyo had told me so I went down in a rush while Jihyo was left behind trying to guard me.

 


"Y/N!", I automatically embraced her when I saw her. "I'm sorry I had to leave you like that. I swear I wasn't going to leave you but the woman behind me is controlling me!"


"It's alright.", she hugged me tighter. "It's for the best, right?"


"Aigoo! Why could a not-a-pure human understood what I did better than this oldie?", Jihyo sighed.


"I'm just glad you got home safe. Welcome, home."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing, Y/N?", I entered Jihyo's room cause she ordered to let Y/N sleep in her room as the handler of this household.


"Counting the money.", there wasn't greed in her eyes while she's doing so and she is happy that her hard work was paid.


"Yeah. About that, grandma mentioned that you could finally buy the teddy bear that you liked. Were you after a stuffed toy then?"


"Y-yes.", that blush on her cheeks made me wanna squish it.


"You could've just told me.", I couldn't resist so I lightly pinched it making her blush more and making me also blush the most. "I could've bought that for you."


"No need.", after that, she offered me some of the bills. "Here's for that house I stayed for days and for the gasoline you used in your car for traveling with me!"


"What are you saying?!", I declined her offer. "You did not have to repay me. Aish. You even pressured yourself to earn just to repay me? Yah. You shouldn't worry about that. I am not after that."


"Even you won't receive it.", she sulked but I really want her to keep it for herself. "Jeongyeon did not even take what I owe for her. Only Momo did."


"What?!", I am furious with that statement. "Momo took the money you offered?!"


"Yes.", her eye smile. "She said she's using it to buy for a lot of foods. She thanked me."


"Momo!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I heard you screaming. What was it for? What did Momo do?", Jihyo is talking one-on-one with me while we are preparing breakfast.


"That stupid girl. Y/N worked so hard but she did it to repay us for what we've done!"


"Then?"


"Would you believe it? Momo seriously took the money that Y/N had offered!", I kept on whining while I'm setting the table. "Y/N didn't even earn that much!"


"Aish. I guess I need to discipline her again."


"You better."


"Anyway, unnie.", Jihyo already sat on her seat. "I wanted to tell you that you should avoid going out with Y/N."


"Huh?", I set my hands on the table. "What is it for this time?"


"Both of you are followed. I wouldn't want to engage both of you at the same time."


"Do you really think it's for the best?", I focused on the foods to distract the feeling of sadness.


"Yes, stop spending time with her."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Nayeon!", Y/N showed up in my room. "May I come inside?"


"Anytime.", I wonder why does she make me happy all the time. "What brings you here?"

 


She was fighting with herself whether to tell me or not. I went in front of her to immediately say what she needed to say.

 


"Come on, my ears are willing to listen."


"Can you go with me?", that fingers that were fiddling.


"Where to?"


"To buy the teddy bear I wanted."

 


How can I say no to that? I wanted to provide her everything. It's not that she always ask that's why I wanted to give her what she would ask for. If I'm giving something to her, I'm going to give up something. Will I go with her or will I follow Jihyo's rule? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Question time! What's your fav b-side on Eyes Wide Open album? 🥺