The weirdest date ever.

Let The Heartbroken In - II

That week was one of the busiest weeks you'd had in a long time, just as you'd expected. Just with the B.A.P boys' reports you had enough work to arrive home everyday late, and you had to study for your exam as well at the end of the week. You were so overworked you were seriously contemplating the idea of spending the night there trying to figure out what you should study for the exam. Just after you made your last call of the day to Brand New Stardom asking your colleagues for their reports for the 100th time, someone knocked at the door of your office.

'Come in', you said, massaging your temples. *I hope it's not Nana. I'm too tired and pissed off to deal with her two-faced personality.*

The door opened and instead of Nana, you saw Yongguk's face sticking out through the gap. He smiled at you playfully and you could feel all the muscles in your face relaxed and a wide smile spreading across your face. He got in and closed the door.

'you, how are you doing?', he asked you kindly but a little bit worried.

You puffed, thinking about whether you should lie to him or tell him the truth.

'Honestly, I'm dead tired... But I've got loads of work left to do.'

'I'm sure you'll finish everything on time', he said approaching your desk. He offered you his hand and continued with an old-fashioned accent, 'Shall we go now, my princess? Let me take you somewhere nice to have dinner. You've been working so hard.'

You laughed, feeling miserable.

'I'm sorry, Yongguk. I'll stay here tonight.'

'But... It's already 10 PM! Are you planning on spending all night here?', he asked you, shocked.

You just nodded with resignation. Yongguk stared at you, lost in his thoughts. He suddenly turned around and walked determined towards the door.

'I'll be back', he said before going out.

You shrugged and started collecting all the notes in your desk. *This boy... What is he up to?*

He returned some minutes later with a plastic bag full of Redbull cans and all sorts of energy drinks you presumed he'd got from the 7/11 around the corner. He placed the bag on your desk happily before saying, 'Let's start! There's a long night ahead of us!'

You stared at him, confused, trying to figure out what he meant. 'Us?'

'Yes, the two of us!', he said as it was no big deal. 'I'll help you out with this so you can have it done on time', he continued as he sat down in front of your desk.

'But, Yongguk... You have to work tomorrow.'

Yongguk laughed so hard you jumped up out of your seat.

'you, you have to work tomorrow too, so that's not a valid excuse!', he leaned forward and said with a sweet tone, 'Let's do this together. I was really looking foward to spending a whole night with you, and this is the perfect occasion!' He joked as he put two cans out of the bag and handed you one of them.

'Let's drink a toast!'

You laughed, unable to hold back your amusement, and opened your can.

'This is the weirdest date ever!'

Yongguk laughed nervously as well.

'I know, right? But I'm sure we'll have fun despite the work ahead of us!'

You both sipped from your cans and you grimaced. It was sourer than you remembered.

'Don't you like it? Shall I ask the wine steward to bring us a new bottle?'

You laughed and choked with the drink at his joke. You continued laughing once you stopped coughing, feeling really thankful he'd decided to sacrifice his sleep in order to lend you a hand. After spending some minutes relaxed chatting, you decided it was time to start working.

Working with Yongguk turned out to be more effective than you'd previously imagined. He looked for useful information and took notes about what he considered you'd be asked to answer at the exam while you finished and put the final touches to the reports.

Yongguk rubbed his eyes after some hours and put his hand in the bag to get another drink, but it was already empty. He stretched his arms and took a look at the clock on your wall.

'Oh, God... you, it's already 6:30 in the morning!', he told you, yawning.

You looked away from your report and raised your head to check if what he was saying was true.

'Oh my God...', you gave your report about Zelo a last look and closed the folder containing it. 'I think we should stop now. Lessons will start at 8:00 and we've been working so hard.'

'Yeah, you're right', Yongguk scratched his neck and stood up. 'Let's go have breakfast.'

You stood up and grabbed his arm, dragging him out of your office.

'Let me buy you the biggest breakfast serving they've got in the restaurant.' You turned your head around to look at him. 'Thank you. You've saved me.'

He blushed and smiled shyly.

'It's nothing... I just can't stand watching how that witch gets her way while you spend the night here working.'

He walked up to you and you both got out of the building.

'She may have convinced our boss to create those rules and make me have a hard time, but she'll never get her way', you replied with an absent look.

Yongguk looked at you, surprised and amazed at how strong you could be. He giggled and put his right arm over your shoulders.

'You're not alone. We'll be here to help you fight back.'

Your eyes watered the moment you heard him saying those words. You'd been feeling really pressured and it was a relief to have somebody by your side saying that. You looked up to him and realized he was looking somewhere in front of him. You opened your mouth to say something, but suddenly realized you were lost for words, so you just grabbed the hand that was touching your shoulder and squeezed it. He squeezed yours back, holding you closer to him.


Keep reading~ ♥