"My girlfriend"

Let The Heartbroken In - II

 

It was B.A.P's first interview with so many journalists from so many television channels and magazines. Yongguk couldn't help feeling sorry for his manager, because he didn't have a clue about what was going to happen there. All they had talked about the matter was that Yongguk should answer you were just a friend and nothing more in case any journalist brought up the subject. He took a deep breath as they entered the room and faced the press, imagining their boss and their manager's reaction when he declared he was going out with you and wondered how he was going to deal with it.
 
The atmosphere was calm as they started to answer the first questions about the album they had just released. But it wasn't long before a journalist asked just after introducing himself,
'Bang Yongguk, could you tell us about those pictures you were taken holding hands with a girl? Who is she? Is she your girlfriend?'
 
That was the moment. Yongguk cleared his throat and answered loudly and clearly,
'Yes, she is'.
 
He could hear their manager gasp and a murmuring among the journalists that led to a lot of them raising their hands and asking for more details. Before saying anything, he glanced at the other B.A.P's members. They all looked confused, but tried to look as professional as possible. None of them was looking at him. Yongguk sighed and approached the microphone.
 
'Her name's you. She's an old friend of mine who I happened to meet again after a long time. I'm not ashamed of her and I won't hide her from anybody. I hope my fans understand my decision and support us until the end. I'm sorry for any inconvinience I may have caused to all Babys, but I want to ask for understanding and respect for her. Thank you'.
 
The murmuring grew louder as more journalists asked even more questions until B.A.P's manager stepped forward and said to Yongguk's microphone:
'That's been our official statement on the matter. We won't make any more comments. Thank you'.
 
He then ordered the boys to follow him out of the room and to get in the van as quickly as they could. Nobody said anything as they drove to B.A.P's dorm but once they arrived, they manager told them he had to speak with them.
 
'Yongguk, what on earth were you thinking about? Do you know what will be the consequences of this? You should know what things you should and you shouldn't do! I don't care if it's true or not, you have an image and you have to maintain it!'
 
He was so mad he didn't let Yongguk answer or explain why he told the press about you two, so he just stood there, looking at the floor, until he was done yelling at him and went away.
 
'Hyung... Why?' Yongup asked immediately after their manager slammed the door.
 
Yongguk looked at the faces of the boys and confessed,
'I wanted to tell the world I love her, that this isn't just a stupid love affair because she's a foreigner. I didn't want people gossiping and I didn't want to hear them say they'd be waiting for the moment I dumped her for a pure Korean girl. She means everything to me. I'm sorry for not having told you about this before'.
 
'It's OK, Yongguk, it's OK', Himchan assured him.
 
'Listen, guys, I need to ask for your help. By making our relationship public, I've also put you in danger. I'm scared of her being hurt because of me. To avoid that, I'll try to drive her to work and pick her up when she's done, but there will be times when I'll be busy and I won't be able to...'
 
'Don't worry hyung, most of us can drive and Himchan can lend us his car', Youngjae reassured him.
 
'We'll help you take care of her when you're busy', Himchan said.
 
'I can't drive, but she can sit behind me in my bike!', Zelo joked.
 
'Thank you guys... I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to her.'
 
(...)
 
Next morning you woke up a little bit earlier than usual due to a loud noise on the street. Even though you tried, you couldn't get to sleep again, so you decided to get up and have a generous breakfast before going to work. Just after you finished cooking you remembered yesterday Yongguk had made your relationship public and you could hardly eat your french toast due to the knot in your stomach.
 
*I'm so silly, Come on, he's not Justin Bieber. I'm sure nothing's goint to change rather than being recognized at the hair saloon... Aish*
 
You threw your spoon in your cereal bowl with weariness- *I can't belive I'm going  through this because of him* You held your head with your hands and closed your eyes as you took a deep breath. *This is what I chose, this has been my decision, I have to prove Zico I can do this. I have to prove myself I'm strong enough to get over my past* You stood up and got ready to go.
 
You stumbled and almost fell to the floor the moment you got out from the elevator and glanced at the window of the entrance of the building. It was so crowded you could hardly see the streets and the buildings outside. You froze on the spot and quickly tried to think a way of avoiding those people as soon as you could, but before you came to any conclusion a bright flash blinded you. Immediately after that, more flashes followed and you were unable to see anything.
 
*Journalists... Papparazzi... This is insane* you thought covering your eyes with the back of your hand and pushed the door open. *I don't care as long as they just want to take photos. I'll walk to the closest taxi rank and get the hell out of here*
 
They were so close you thought you'd have trouble going your way, but they surprisingly let you walk while they continued snapping photos.
 
*Now I understand why celebrities always wear sunglasses*
 
Antoher flash blinded you and you stumbled because you weren't able to watch your step. Before you fell to the floor, you felt someone grabbing you firmly by your waist.
 
'Oh, thank yo-'
 
You looked up to the person who had helped you just to find out it was Himchan.
 
'Oh my-'
 
'Let's get out of here', he said as he blinked at you.
 
'What are you doing here?', you asked him as he took you to his car.
 
'I'm here to resuce my friend's princess', he answered as he closed the doors.
 
'Thanks... I couldn't have imagined there'd be a muddle when I went outside'
 
'Yongguk knew this would happen, but he couldn't come to pick you up today...'
 
'Oh, Himchan, thanks for coming. You really didn't have to'
 
'It's OK. Now, time to say goodbye to your new friends. We're going to Brand New!'
 
You fastened your seatbelt as you smiled and waved to the closest camera. Himchan saw you and laughed as he drove away.
 
'If they're going to photograph me anyway, at least I want to come out pretty in the pictures!'
 
You laughed away all the stress with Himchan, relieved Yongguk had thought about you. At least he was showing he cared and even asked one of his friends to pick you up. You smiled and looked through the window. It seemed things were going to be easier than you thought.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
щ(ಥДಥщ) I'm the worst author ever! I'm so sorry it took me so long to update... argh... I'm really busy lately and I couldn't update before :"(
 
I'll try to find some time to update often!! I'm really really sorry :(
Thank you so much for reading, honestly, it means a lot that you like this story... THANK YOU!!!
♥♥♥
 
 
This is Kyung finding out you didn't comment...