CHAPTER 33

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

16299d7ea9e546e3342905191218.jpg

NAYEON'S POV

I went to check there room and she wasn't there, if she's not there, there's only one place she could be but it's cold outside. There's no way she could sleep out there. I made my way up to the stairs and out of the rooftop but there was no sign of her. 

I went back and there I found her in her P.E. uniform, on the corner sitting on the floor, back pressed against the wall, sleeping.

uniform, on the corner sitting on the floor, back pressed against the wall, sleeping

NY : "Jeongie?"

She started rubbing her eyes.

JY : "What are you doing here?"

NY : "The girls told me you didn't want to eat." I said as I sat next to her.

NY : "You won't learn anything if you have an empty stomach."

JY : "Hmm Nayeon about yesterday, I'm really sorry. You almost had your record tainted because of my reckless decision."

NY : "Pabo, and what if I did have one? I don't care."

JY : "I do... it's gonna show in your college application and that's something I don't want." She buried her face against her knees and covered it.

NY : "Why are you even taking everything as your fault? I agreed with you, if I didn't want it. I should've asked you to go back the moment you ask me. Stop blaming yourself Jeong. We didn't even have that much punishment."

JY : "I don't know what will I do if that happens."

NY : "But it didn't right? Besides are you doubting me? I can go to any university without those recommendations."

I heard her chuckle.

JY : "Don't worry, I won't ever let such a thing happen again." She said as she looks at me and smiles

NY : "I believe in you, lets eat okay?"

JY : "I didn't bring any lunch."

NY : "Don't worry, I have extra. Next time don't tell everyone you're not in the mood to eat. You are Yoo Jeongyeon, you eat a lot and it's unfair how you don't gain weight."

JY : "Hahaha don't worry you're still beautiful even if you gain weight."

Did she just say I'm beautiful?

NY : "Arraso sweet talker. Let's eat so we can have time to rest."

JY : "Hai hai! Thank you for this."

We continued to eat on the ground. The moment we finished cleaning up, both of just stay seated. I kinda feel sleepy, so I didn't say any word. Just stared on the blank space in front of us and she did the same thing.

JY : "Thanks again..."

NY : "No problem, my mom cooked extra today. It'll be a waste if no one eats it."

JY : "Not just for the food. Thanks for yesterday, if you didn't come at the right time, I would probably end up doing something bad. Thanks for accompanying me, I was able to blow the steam off completely. Who knows? If that didn't happen the frustration would probably still be pent up inside me. It was really fun and I wished it lasted a little longer. And thanks again for today, thanks for staying by my side." She said as she rested her head in my shoulder.

NY : "Hey, that's too much, I did a little but everything was fine because of you. I should be thanking you instead."

JY : "Hahaha stop being competitive and just say you're welcome."

NY : "Arraso....."

JY : "Can we stay like this for now? I want to take a nap."

We can stay like this even if it's forever.

NY : "If it wouldn't make your neck sore then fine."

It started to get quiet, I feel my eyes getting heavy.

I couldn't ask for more than this, this is enough. The girl next to me is enough, even though she doesn't know I like her and even though she would never like me back. She's enough, she'll be enough for the rest of my life.

JEONGYEON'S POV

When I woke up, Nayeon was also taking a nap. I took her head and placed it in my shoulder. I stared blankly as I let her sleep.

        

"Thank you for coming when it's too quiet, the silence was deafening. I was almost drowning when you found me." I whisper to her.

Nayeon came into my life at the right time, I always feel like there's nothing for me since I get everything I want. That I simply need to wake up every morning go to school, go home and sleep again but Nayeon changed me. She came at the most unexpected time. She saved me.

That's why when I realized the punishment she could receive, I started to panic. I don't care if it just me but I can't let her throw the things she worked hard just because I was careless. 

I couldn't stop worrying that's why I ran here but then,

again she found me, again she saved me.

*Ring*Ring*

JY : "Hey Nabong, time to head back." I said as I gently tap her head. I stood up and she's still brushing her eyes.

JY : "Let's go?" I offered her a helping hand and she took it.

NY : "Have you been awake for a while?"

JY : "Ani I just woke up not long ago." We started walking back to our class.

NY : "Mianhe, the cold breeze was really relaxing. It's was nice sleeping."

JY : "Hahaha see?"

NY : "You can only do that in your break. Not in class."

JY : "I know, I know."

NY : "So about later, let's just finish cleaning and call it a day."

JY : "Ohhhh you want to skip today?"

NY : "I think it would take a while plus it'll be tiring so let's just make up for it tomorrow."

JY : "Arraso, anything you say."

NY : "I'll see you later!"

JY : "Okay."

When I got back to my classroom, Ms. Kim already asked us to group ourselves for our science experiment. And of course, it's me and the girls.

DH : "So when are you going to tell unnie?"

JY : "Tell what?"

CY : "That you like her...."

JN : "It's been months and you haven't gotten any progress. Which is new, since you're impatient and you give up quickly."

JY : "You guys do know that this is a group project right? More working less talking."

CY : "Forget that, Tzuyu got it."

Of course Tzuyu, Lisa, and Jihyo were the only once who were really paying attention to class.

TY : "I'm tired mixing this sh*t, here Jennie unnie take it. I'll join the interrogation."

JH : "Why don't we all just stop doing this and just talk?"

DH : "Hmm that's a great idea."

JH : "Pabo I was being sarcastic. You girls help us out."

CY : "Arraso."

JH "So Yoo Jeongyeon, when is it gonna be?"

JY : "Ehhh I thought we're doing work here?"

JH : "We are but we can also talk while we're at it."

TY : "Maja! Soooo?"

LS : "Wait, we need to confirm if she really likes Nayeon unnie."

CY : "Come to think of it, you never really said anything about that. You just go with the teasing. Do you like her hyung?"

JY : "It's not like I'm hiding it from anyone, so yeah I do. And yes Tzu, I like her more than friends."

TY : "I didn't even ask."

JY : "I knew you would."

JH : "Then make it official."

JY : "I'm still trying to find the right time."

JN : "Forget right time, just go for it."

JY : "Pabo, you can't just rush everything."

JH : "So are you saying you're willing to wait?"

JY : "Hello? That's like the only thing I've been doing."

DH : "You should tell her soon hyung."

JY : "Soon, and beside her mom already know."

JH : "Wait.... So you told her mom but not to her?"

JY : "Yeah, she even said she'll love to have me as a daughter-in-law and I did I tried telling Nayeon but she was drunk."

LS : "But telling her mom and telling it to her are still two different things. Her mom may like you but we're not sure about her."

JN : "Hey babe, that's too savage."

JY : "Hahaha coming from you? It's fine, she's right. Enough of me, how about you Chaeng?"

CY : "Well you know unnie's priority is getting in med school. Maybe after she gets accepted."

JH : "At least Mina and Chaeng have progress."

JY : "And you, Tzu? When will you tell Sana you like her without alcohol involve?"

TY : "I already did."

JY : "What???? When???"

TY : "A week ago."

DH : "They're even dating now, unnie even bought some breads for her today."

JY : "Why do I always hear this kind of things late?"

JH : "Because you and Nayeon unnie are too busy in your world. You better tell us once you confess to her."

JY : "Hahaha arraso. I'll try my best."

DH, CY : "Fighting hyung!"

MS. KIM : "Son Chaeyoung, Kim Dahyun less talking more mixing."

DH, CY : "Hai!"

TY : "Paboooooo haha." She whispers to them.

And they were right, I should tell her soon. I'll go tell her right before the holiday breaks. So in that way she could have the time to think about it. It doesn't matter if its the right time or what. I'll just go for it but for now, I'll continue doing my best.

---