CHAPTER 35

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

16299ea2eb1cee7b498675109593.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

The next day Jeongyeon was ready, that's what she wanted to believe in. She was rehearsing how she would confess to Nayeon, repeating the words in her head. After lunch, she runs down the words she's gonna say to her one more time before the afternoon class begins. She started whispering to herself.

JY : "I've liked you since I meet you...."

"I like you..."

"I love you?"

"I want to be with you always..."

CY : "Definitely the last one."

She looked up and saw her friends smirking at her.

JY : "Yah!"

JH : "It's not our fault you said does out loud. Is this the day?"

JY : "Tss, I'm still trying to figure out. If I can I would."

JH : "Don't be a and just woman up."

TY : "Maja just tell her."

DH : "I like the last one. Not too straight forward and not too pressuring."

TY : "Ani, the first one, you have to tell her the truth."

LS :        

LS : "Just say you love her."

JN : "Don't.... That's how Lisa confessed to me, then she passed out after. She didn't even heard my response."

JH : "Hahahaha! Well, let's just be honest the last one is a good starter."

JY : "Hays.... I'll just tell her whatever comes to my mind."

CY : "Just make sure you won't stutter at her, okay?"

JY : "Pabo! You better start practicing your lines too."

CY : "No worries, Mina unnie is not dense...."

JY : "Lucky you."

The afternoon class went on, one more class and it's time. Jeongyeon felt her bones getting weaker, her heart starting to beat faster than normal. She thought she was sick, and there was really nothing coming in her mind.

*Knock*Knock*

CY : "Hey unnie, what are you doing here?"

MN : "Hey Chaeng uhm... Jeong can I talk to you for a second?"

Mina said as she fixed her gaze on the taller girl. She was quiet (not that she's loud on daily basis) but today her silence was different. As if she was hiding something.

JY : "Waeyo?" She said as she went up from her seat and walked outside.

MN : "Unnie had to leave early today. Her mom was rushed to the hospital, her blood pressure went high and good thing Seoyeon was there."

JY : "Huh? What time did she go? I could've driven her there."

MN :        

MN : "She left a while ago. No need for that, she asked me to tutor you today."

JY : "What? No.... I'm going to see auntie."

MN : "Wait you can't go, Nayeon unnie wouldn't be happy to see you there knowing you skipped class. I know you wouldn't agree with what she said. The least I can do is to make sure you finish your class before running there."

JY : "Aish..."

MN : "Calm down unnie said auntie was already doing fine."

JY : "Arraso. I'm going straight there after class."

MN : "I understand, I'll text you the hospital and the room number. Unnie doesn't really show her struggles to anyone, I'm pretty sure she'll let people think she's fine but can you please stay with her?"

JY : "You don't have to ask me. I'll make sure she has someone, thanks."

-

After class, Jeongyeon drove straight to The hospital where Nayeon's mom was admitted. When she got to the room everything looks okay, the older girl was sitting next to her mom.

NY : "What are you doing here?"

JY : "I'm here to check on auntie."

NY : "She's fine, she just fell asleep. Dad and Seoyeon bought some dinner."

JY : "That's good to know. Do you need anything?"

NY : "Other than going home to get some clothes, there's really nothing."

JY : "Wae?"

NY : "I have to stay here for the night. Mom is okay but she still needs to be observe .The doctor said she should be monitored for at least a week. Dad ask for some time off and he will be staying in the morning with mom. He still has to look after Seoyeon in the night."

JY : "I'll tell the teacher you'll be out of school for a while."

NY : "Ani, no need for that... I'm still going to school that's why I'm staying the nights."

JY : "Are you sure? Wouldn't it be hard going back and forth?"

NY : "It's fine.... It's just a week, it'll all pass."

Nayeon was far from the Nayeon that Jeongyeon always knew. Just like Mina said it was too obvious that the girl was faking it, she keeps repeating that everything is fine but Jeongyeon could read her by just one look, and she was sure it's not. It was hard for her to watch the older girl like this, she wishes she could make her feel that she have someone, that Nayeon has her.

JY : "Then let me at least drive you."

NY : "Hmmm."

JY : "Come on, I go the same way. Taking a bus at this time wouldn't be the best idea."

NY : "Arraso.."

JY : "I'll drive you back too."

NY : "Jeong you don't have to."

JY : "Please? Let me do at least this for auntie."

NY : "Okay but just this one."

JY : "Hai."

Nayeon just sat there in silence, the room was suffocating. Good thing Nayeon's dad and sister came at the right time. Jeongyeon said her regards before she and the older girl went there way.

She quietly observed Nayeon while she drives and she could see the exhaustion in the older girl's eye. Once they reached the Im's house, Jeongyeon opted to stay and wait outside for Nayeon. She thought maybe the older girl want some time alone.

Jeongyeon patiently waits for Nayeon's return.

The drive back to the hospital was quiet. Nayeon was just blankly staring outside the car windows and Jeongyeon could see the weight that she's carrying.

NY : "Thank you Jeong."

JY : "No worries. Are you sure you don't want me to walk you up?"

NY : "Yeah. It'll be fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

JY : "I'll pick you up."

NY : "Please don't, this place is on the other side of your town. I'll take the bus and see you at school. I can't really teach you right now but I already asked Mina for that."

JY : "Arraso, I understand... Uhm take some rest okay? Call me anytime if you need anything and tell auntie I'll be praying for her fast recovery." She said as she ruffles Nayeon's hair.

NY : "I will. Thank you."

And Jeongyeon watches Nayeon as she slowly disappeared from her vision. Today was supposed to be something special for them. She's supposed to tell her she loves her but she can't, not like this, not until everything gets better. 

Jeongyeon loves Nayeon, she'll cross any sea, move every mountain, she'll do anything for her. Name it and she'll definitely make it possible for Nayeon.

It's like the universe is purposely making up ways to prevent her from telling the older girl about how she feels, but even if this is another thing that she has to add in her long list of missed chances, missed opportunity. All she can do is accept it and move on. Nayeon needs her now and not her cheesy confession because for Nayeon she'll put everything aside, even her feelings.

The taller girl just has to wait for the next time, because Yoo Jeongyeon is the type who gives a lot and ask a little-to-nothing in return.

Yoo Jeongyeon loves Im Nayeon Unconditionally.

---

(A/N) Let the drama continue HAHAHA!!!!