CHAPTER 41

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

NO ONE'S POV

[CLASS TRIP]

When Jeongyeon arrived this morning, she was strangely quiet. She was far from the Yoo Jeongyeon who always bugs Nayeon around but their morning schedule was full and the older girl couldn't find the time to approach her. Nayeon simply watches over her from afar, waiting for the right time.

They arrived at this beachfront hotel in Jeju, room assignments were chosen by the students. Jennie and Lisa, Jisoo and Rose, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, Mina and Momo, Sana and Nayeon, and Jihyo and Jeongyeon.

Nayeon wanted to talk to Jeongyeon but when lunch was done, Jeongyeon just told her she's tired and will go take a nap. So she just let it go.

*AT JEONGHYO'S ROOM*

JH : "Something's bothering you?" She said while she fixed her bag in the cabinet.

JY : "Nah.... I just thought about something."

JH : "Then there is. Don't worry I'm not forcing you to tell me anything."

JY : "Thanks Ji, hmm I'll go out for a walk."

JH : "Okay, don't go too far. Dinner will be ready soon."

JY : "Arraso, see you later."

JH : "Take care."

She made her way out of the hotel and into the seashore. The thin grain of sand pressing against her barefoot, helped her calm down. She walked far enough that there was no sign of any of her schoolmates. Jeongyeon sat down and let thoughts get lost in the wide horizon.

MN : "Jeong?"

JY : "What are you doing here?"

MN : "I was trying to collect some shells and you? It's almost dinner and you look like you have no plans on going back yet."

JY : "Ohhhh I was just sightseeing. Can you give me a minute? I'll be right back." She faked a smile.

MN : "What's wrong Jeong? You've been out of it since this morning and it's uncharacteristic of you. Nayeon unnie was worried." She said as she sat next to her.

And Jeongyeon's only response was letting a deep sigh go.

MN : "Arraso, if you don't want to talk about it. It's fine, I'll leave you alone but you need to go back soon okay? Don't make Nayeon unnie worry more than she is now."

Mina was about to go when Jeongyeon held one of her hands.

JY : "Uhmm on second thought can you wait for me?"

MN : "Arraso."

Mina stayed next to Jeongyeon, who was still starring intensely at the setting sun.

JY : "Thanks.."

MN : "You're lucky I was the one to find you."

JY : "I know, that's why I'm thankful."

Out of nowhere Jeongyeon started to cry, she tried to conceal it but Mina recognizes the silent sobbing. She didn't try to look at the older girl, she knew Jeongyeon wouldn't want anyone to see her like this. She moved closer and the latter rested her head at the younger's shoulder.

She moved closer and the latter rested her head at the younger's shoulder

JY : "Sorry... I just... I didn't know it will be this hard. Yesterday before we went home, she was in my arms and nothing mattered but the moment I let her go. I felt this pain creeping inside of me, then it just hit me all at once. In two months will be graduating and if by that time I haven't told her I love her, I would pretty much lose her. And......... And I don't think I'm ready to let her go, I don't know what to do, it's frustrating."

MN : "It'll only get harder from here on Jeong, but isn't that love supposed to be? The harder it gets the greater the outcome. It's about the choice you made. You can just turn back now and just pretend you never love her and everything would be easy or you can just it up and do whatever you need to do."

JY : "Haha did you it up Mina?" She turns to the younger girl and smiles while she was in tears.

MN : "I did.... Because I love Chaeng more than anything in this world, we might not be at what we want to be right now, but we're holding on. If its Chaeng no matter how hard it is, I'll be holding on. Tell me the truth, are you getting tired?"

JY : "Of course not, how can I? One look at her and I fall again. But every time I do, It only gets harder. Like she's putting a wall, preventing me from coming in and I don't like how it feels that I only have two choices, tell her and lose her all or keep whatever we are right now."

MN : "Choose the first one Jeong, you could lose her there but believe me you wouldn't want to be stuck on something like this forever. Yes, you'll have her beside you but you have no rights with anything when it comes to her, you wouldn't even have the right to love her. Would you want that?"

JY : "You just have to slap me with facts don't you? I guess I just have to face it."

MN : "Quit being a chicken and just go for it, no more backing down."

JY : "I bet Chaeyoung thought you that word."

MN : "And what if she did? Besides I'm pretty sure you'll have a chance."

JY : "Hahaha we'll never know, not until we hear it from her."

MN :

MN : "Arraso, I'm going. You can stay as much as you want but I have to get back before Chaeng realizes I'm not there. She'll probably turn the whole place around."

JY : "Maja, that kid would kill someone for you haha. I'm going too, though there's no one looking for me."

MN : "Ohh the drama... Cut me some slack I'm sure unnie is looking for your stubborn ."

JY : "Hey! Words please."

MN : "You probably say that word more than I do."

JY : "Whatever." She said as they make there way back.

JY : "Uhmmm thanks, I didn't know I would be getting advice from someone who's not even in a relationship."

MN : "Are you mocking me? Even though Chaeyoung and I are not official yet, we're exclusive for each other."

JY : "Omo how bold of you haha."

MN : "Pabo, worry about your love life, I'll worry about mine."

JY : "Arraso, but seriously thanks. This helped me a lot, I feel better."

MN : "No problem just make sure you clear things as soon as possible."

JY : "Hai!"

When they got back it was already dark and everyone was already having dinner, after getting there food they went to find the girls. The moment they found the group the first thing Mina notice was Chaeyoung, pouting at her.

JY : "She's about to cry....." She teased Mina.

MN : "Shut up, I told you to worry about your own love life. Look over there Ms. Yoo."

Jeongyeon didn't notice until Mina pointed it out, Nayeon was sitting on the furthest right side of the table next to the window. Staring outside the window.

Staring outside the window        

---