CHAPTER 46

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162e3b9b30928e0e883912286467.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

The first thing Nayeon did when she got out of Jeongyeon's vision was cry. Of course, she would, it was painful for her too. She knew that their story was short-lived and would come to its end but she never really thought it would be this hard.

She would lock herself up for the following days, crying about something she never even had.

The pain demands to be felt.

-

And you know how high school stories go, they fall in love pretend they're annoyed with each other. Do stupid things to get the others' attention, share moments that seem to be straight out of a fairy tale book, and then graduate.

Most of the love that blossom in high school forgets the most important thing, they forget to tell them how they feel. How the sky was brighter when there next to each other, how they saw this light at the end of a dark tunnel, how they made high school an unforgettable year and how at some point they became each other's world.

The next thing they know they're in a high school reunion 5, 6, 7, years after. One has waited for this moment not knowing that the other one was already happily married.

-

The girls had a hard time inviting Nayeon out since she was too broken to show herself, she would usually tell them she's busy with something but the girls knew better. 

Jeongyeon is gone, Nayeon was left behind.

But today they finally managed to convince her to go the next day. Tomorrow Nayeon is meeting the people who made her high school life memorable. Although the one who was solely responsible for it wouldn't be there. Nayeon knew Jeongyeon wouldn't show up, not like how she used to. Because she knew no matter how hard she prays or how hard she hopes Yoo Jeongyeon will never show up like how she used to whenever Nayeon longs for her. The taller girl flew thousands of miles away, didn't even say a word and just left. Nayeon thought it was for the better, in this way she could finally let her go.

Tomorrow Im Nayeon would be letting Yoo Jeongyeon go.

Tomorrow Im Nayeon would be letting Yoo Jeongyeon go

-

One thing was for sure, tomorrow when she sees them she knows they'll be talking about the taller girl, so to calm herself down she took her grad book and scanned through it. She felt like it was only yesterday, the pictures are fresh. Then she saw her lame answer to one question that was included in it.

Eclipse.

One word, that was her answer to What was high school for her?

She remembers that day as clear as glass, because when they were asked to write something for there grad book. One question was "What's high school for you?"

When you say High school the only thing that Nayeon thinks of is Yoo Jeongyeon. Although everyone knows that the two of them only shared the last year of high school and to Jeongyeon, Nayeon didn't exist before that.

Im Nayeon knew Yoo Jeongyeon from the beginning. 

On the first day of her high school life, she got lost and couldn't find her room        

On the first day of her high school life, she got lost and couldn't find her room. Since she's one of the few students that didn't graduate grade school in the same place, she had a hard time locating her class and everyone else was just passing by her.

It was the only time that little Nayeon accepted that she's going to be late. She believes that the teacher would let it go since its the first day of class. She stood in the lobby reading the student handbook she got, trying to figure out where her classroom was when the first bell rang for the morning class.

A young, fit, and beautifully handsome in her leather jacket and cap came running in. Of course, Nayeon would think that someone like that wouldn't stop to help her and she was right the girl just pass by her.......

Of course, Nayeon would think that someone like that wouldn't stop to help her and she was right the girl just pass by her        

And then came back.

"What are you standing there for? Didn't you hear the morning bell? You'll get scolded if you don't go to your class."

NY : "Uhmmm I'm lost, I don't know where's my room. I'm new to the place."

"What class are you on?"

NY : "1A."

"Gaja."

She said as she gripped the older girls' hands. Pulling her up the stairs, this was the very first-time Nayeon had watched the taller girl's back. The first time she simply followed her, when they got to the second floor the taller girl suddenly stop.

"You see that lady walking there? She's Ms. Lee and she doesn't like late students but no need to worry because that's not your classroom. That's my class."

And Nayeon chuckles, she knew it was weird but there's something about this girl that has been dragging her made her laugh.

"Here you go, seems like your teacher is not here yet. Lucky you, I'll get going."

Nayeon stepped in her class but quickly turn around to the taller girl.

NY : "Uhm thank you....."

"Yoo Jeongyeon, 1B."

NY : "Im..."

MS. LEE : "Yoo Jeongyeon, I believe that's not your class."

"Coming Ms. Lee!"

Before she could introduce herself to Jeongyeon, the girl already left.

NY : "Im Nayeon."

From that day on, Jeongyeon would just pass by her. Nayeon got used to it, there not friends, there not even classmates, she's just a stranger who happened to help her once.

But destiny has something else in mind because, from that very first time they met, Nayeon and Jeongyeon's fate had been tied together.

Like that one time in their sophomore year when Jeongyeon was beaten up by a bunch of seniors for confronting them. She's not the type to just go charging in, in fact, she doesn't care what happens around her but when her friends are involved she'll do anything. Hearing that Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were being bullied by their seniors in the archery club she went and talk to them, which ended up on a different note.

She passed out under a tree in the field but woke up in the infirmary. This was the very reason why she has that kind of reputation. Nayeon was the one who saw her, it just happened that the girl was on her way home. She was the one who called for help and she didn't leave, not until Ms. Lee had asked her to go home since the Yoo's has been called.

While on their junior year, Nayeon was competing for the street dance when they run out of handkerchief to tie around the head. Jeongyeon being the tidy woman she is, lends them and even let them keep it. (Mina happened to ask a wondering girl at the time and this was the time Chaeyoung fell in-love with her.)

And just like that on there 4th year, the sun that always gazes upon the moon from afar had finally had their eclipse.

If Nayeon was the sun then Jeongyeon was the moon and just like the sun and moon who always chases after one another, Nayeon just stares at Jeongyeon from afar. Don't get her wrong, it's not love at first sight. She just finds Yoo Jeongyeon interesting.

It was a love that bloom, like a flower. Like Gerberas.

So if she would've thought what high school was for her. High school was the eclipse that brought her, her first love, Yoo Jeongyeon.

High school was the eclipse that brought her, her first love, Yoo Jeongyeon

-

The last thing she saw before she went to sleep was Jeongyeon's high school graduation picture. It's still painful for her but she thought it was worth it, to imprint a little part of her on the other girls' life. Her first love was straight out of a fairy tale book, like Romeo and Juliet's. Both stories were sweet but has a tragic end.

This is how Im Nayeon, an exceptional student learned the basics of love. How what seems so small broke her heart, how loved came to her in the shape of a stubborn, tall girl.

How love left with her heart, leaving her nothing but pain.

---