CHAPTER 50

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

1631972248e3947c605247371986.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon is the type who hide in a crowded place, in all honesty, she wouldn't want anyone to know she exists, and having a page in a popular magazine wasn't really a good idea for her. It was a good thing that Seulgi was there to convince her, usually it will be Jihyo who force her to do these kinds of things but it was still deep in the night back in Korea when the interviewer came to see her. She would tell this kind of stuff to Nayeon but she thought it would be better if she surprises everyone including her family, so she went through it without mentioning it to anyone back in Korea.

Jeongyeon took the interviewer to the university's garden, where she usually hangs out to study or just pass time. It's the only place that was close to her, a place she consider home.

There were a bunch of things that were asked, like what's her favorite dish to make? how did it feel to know that she's graduating ahead of her class? ETC.

[INTERVIEW]

"Is there something behind this success?"

The girl asked and Jeongyeon looked at her with hesitation. She was thinking if she should mention that her failed high-school relationship (not even a relationship) was behind everything she has now.

*BEEP*BEEP*

JY : "Can you excuse me for a minute?"

"Go ahead :)"

She stood up to check her phone.

She stood up to check her phone

 

*ONE MESSAGE RECEIVED*

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Hey, I just woke up and read your message. I know it's getting stressful lately but I believe in you. You can do this! You're almost there, a little more and you'll be done with this and finally...... Finally, you can go and do whatever you want."

"I'm going to school, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu are treating us to lunch today, sadly they lost a bet with there girlfriends and as usual me and Ji are benefiting the most since there's no side for us to take. I have to go! Text me if you want someone to talk, take care of yourself Jeongie! :)"

They do this randomly, maybe once a month. When one of them is having a hard time or a really good time. They don't forget to share those moments with each other, it's something rare and there are no personal questions being asked. No question of when she's returning or if Nayeon's still waiting.

After a moment she went back to the interviewer and answered with full of confidence.

JY : "Someone." She chuckles.

"Is this someone, Chef Yoo Changjoon?" The interviewer asked.

JY : "Even if I say it is my dad, he wouldn't believe it. Everyone knows back home who is that someone."

"Oh is this a girlfriend?"

Jeongyeon thought it wouldn't be right to call Nayeon her girlfriend since they have yet to talk about what they really are. One thing was for sure, there's no one who would ever compare to Im Nayeon when it comes to Yoo Jeongyeon.

"Better :) She's my everything."

-

A few months later and Jeongyeon graduated with flying colors the whole family came to see her on stage, she wanted to see Nayeon but she knew it was too much to ask. When the ceremony was over a bunch of people crowded over her, they are one of those restaurants that have been offering her a position.

[COLORADO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT]

Today Jeongyeon was sending her family back home.

SG : "Hey Kyungwanie :)"

JY : "Unnie I've been telling you since we're five, stop calling me that."

SY : "I guess she'll call you like that until you're old."

JY : "I'm telling mom and dad once they get back."

SG : "It's not until an hour you know how mom loves going around to buy a souvenir for her friends beside no one's gonna take your side."

JY : "Yah!"

SY : "Hahaha no fighting, we don't want someone to see Chef Yoo going berserk."

SG : "On another note, what's your plan?"

JY : "My plan?"

SG : "I mean, you finished college. You can do whatever you want...."

JY : "Hmm I want to finish some stuff here, then I'll make my decision."

SY : "So no plan in visiting home anytime soon?"

JY : "Well....."

SG : "Well what? You do know someone's patiently waiting for you, right?"

JY : "Of course I do, I read her letter every night before I go to bed."

[FLASHBACK]

Jeongyeon flew to Colorado, to a place new to her. She had a hard time adjusting to the place but it was a relief that her roommate was a fellow Korean, Kang Seulgi. Later on, they meet Bae Joohyun.

There are days that she wouldn't get enough sleep thinking about Nayeon, she left without properly talking to her and all she did was leave a worn-out notebook. Although she told the older girl not to wait for her, it still bothered her not knowing a single thing about how Nayeon felt.

It was three months after college started when she got a package from her mom, it was her favorite clothes that didn't fit in her luggage. While she was tidying her things, she found this light pink envelope that was wrapped in one of her leather jackets.

While she was tidying her things, she found this light pink envelope that was wrapped in one of her leather jackets        

Annyeong Yoo Jeongyeon!

Sorry, it took a while for me to respond, I thought of texting you but I figured this kind of things is more appropriate to be written down on paper. I'm just writing to let you know that I do, I like you too.

But unlike you, it took me a while to realize what I'm feeling. I was new to this kind of thing so I wasn't sure if it was love or infatuation. Sorry, it got to a point where it was hard for you, yes Mina told me. I hope you can forgive me for that. I have to stop myself at some point because I felt it wasn't me, I always thought it wasn't me and my feelings got really complicated.

Sometimes I hate you and then I love you, then I go back to hating you, to loving you.... I go round and round because of you. The truth was I hate you for giving me reasons to like you, it was the first time I felt this and I must say it's kinda hard to understand... Yoo Jeongyeon you're the life of the party, I thought your just a face meant for shows. You're dumb but you're actually smart, I always thought you'll be rough but you're not. I realized you are more than a pretty face, you're kind and you're warm. You make all of us smile and far from what you've been saying, far from what this world has known of you.... You're selfless, yes you do get what you want but you never fail to share it with everyone... You never fail to amaze me.

I wished I didn't stop or force myself to believe it wasn't me, I wished I had the courage to go straight to you and admit that it was love that I was feeling. I wish I took the risk.

And I know you ask me not to wait, maybe I will maybe I won't. You just have to come back and find out for yourself. Just make sure you finish everything there before you come running back to us. Jeong I'm glad it was you who thought me everything in love. So I'll see you in a few years? Until then please stay safe and don't do crazy things!

My high school life is consists of the memories we shared in that one year we're always together.

A year full of Yoo, I love you :)

Im Nayeon

-

This piece of paper made her feel better, in fact, it was the reason that Jeongyeon had enough courage to take the initiative and message Nayeon on random days which became a routine for them, and this piece of paper was the reason Jeongyeon got through College.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

SG : "Well what? You do know someone's patiently waiting for you, right?"

JY : "Of course I do, I read her letter every night before I go to bed."

SG : "And? It's not like it'll make her feel better."

JY : "Aish unnie."

SY : "You don't have to go back if that's what you're thinking about. You can just visit and that would be fine."

JY : "Hahaha, just trust me."

SG : "Trusting you got us to a lot of trouble."

JY : "Aren't you the one who always comes up with the weird idea back then?"

SG : "Mom, Jeongyeon's saying I was a bad sister!"

Jeongyeon turned around and saw her mom walking to where they are.

JY : "Yah! I didn't!"

JEONGYEON'S OMMA : "Arraso, stop fighting. You two haven't seen each other for a while and all you did was bicker."

SG : "That's because Jeongyeon is a poop head!"

SY : "Hahaha! Poop head!"

JY : "No I'm not!"

JO : "Hahaha you three are all pass 20 years old but it feels like I'm still taking care of 8-year-old kids."

"Flight 123 to Seoul South Korea now boarding"

JEONGYEON'S APPA : "Time to go :)"

Jeongyeon's mom collected all of them into a group hug.

Jeongyeon's mom collected all of them into a group hug        

JA : "Jeong call us when you're ready to go home. We'll have ahjumma prepare your room."

JO : "Visit us as much as you can okay?"

JY : "I will mom."

SG : "Be a good girl, and always let us know what your up to."

SY : "And tell Seulgi and Irene they're very much welcome back home."

JY : "Hai! You guys should go, I'll see you really soon :)"

Jeongyeon watch as her whole family walks away from her. There was no certain reason why she hasn't visit home. She was simply busy working her off so she could finish college soon and that's what she got but before she comes back she wants to do something.

---